Infant Seizure

Thanks buddy - just the whole suddeness of it that got me. Folks that know me know I'm pretty cool when bad shit is going down, mates have referred to me as "Spock" due to it and in the past when I used to mod on bb.com, that was in fact my user name. But this caught me completely blind-side.

It was illogical :lol:

So like I said, this post is just to maybe alert one or two folks who haven't seen it before, so that they don't get caught out as easily as I did. Obviously as a parent you will still shit yourself, but it is better to at least have some level of preparation and know what you are facing!

I've been in a similar situation on a couple of occasions with my eldest

Like you I'm fairly level headed and am not know to panic. It's a whole different kettle of fish when it involves your kids though, the feeling of helplessness is incredible

Glad the little guy is ok. Worst thig ever to see your child hurt or ill.

My little girl choked on a teething chew biscuit about that age and I can still remember the wave of panic that filled me! Little slap on the back sorted it.

That shigella is some nasty bug too and highly contagious.

Reactions: RS
Just to round this one off - for anyone with wee kids, or knows anyone with young uns' maybe get them to google "febrile seizure" - for the sake of a couple minutes reading over a cuppa, could really help if it happens to them... like already said, not a hell of a lot you can actually do, but there ARE things you mustn't do - and being a bit prepared for it and it never happening is far better than it happening, and not being prepared :)

Fuck me mate must've been terrifying.

On a side note our NHS takes a better g from all angles but sounds like the lady on the phone was a saviour.

Fuck me mate must've been terrifying.

On a side note our NHS takes a better g from all angles but sounds like the lady on the phone was a saviour.

I've slated them a lot myself, but have to say they were fantastic in this case - from the woman on the phone, the ambulance staff, and the nurses/doctors at the hospital, all superb and thorough. I can put up with docs dragging their heels over my own shit, if it means they concentrate more on kids

Right bros, made a YT video about this, just to get word out. As I've said loads of times, its not the BIGGEST deal assuming nothing darker causing the seizures, but it does need checking out - and all I want to try and do is help one or two folks, who have maybe never seen or heard of this (there are many from my asking around) be a bit better prepared than I was. So maybe if you know folks with young kids, fire them the link in a message or whatever :)

no apologies for shit accent - deal with it cunts :lol:

mate you did right... reaction was all good and everything... I have had the occasion to call the 999 service and was for my boy too, he fell and split his head open on the metal door boot cleaner thing they used to put in the old buildings... called them while trying to staunch the flow and after the chap said ambulance on way basically cut him off and told him he was prob needed on another call and I was dealing with it (luckily have done a few first aid courses etc) as needed to look to my boy... got 2 ambulances turn up (one full one car) and while the two chaps took over the lady came to me and said are YOU ok... at which point I pretty much let out a sob and damn near broke down as the pros were there... man nothing like the fear for your kid...

you did good Rams...

mate you did right... reaction was all good and everything... I have had the occasion to call the 999 service and was for my boy too, he fell and split his head open on the metal door boot cleaner thing they used to put in the old buildings... called them while trying to staunch the flow and after the chap said ambulance on way basically cut him off and told him he was prob needed on another call and I was dealing with it (luckily have done a few first aid courses etc) as needed to look to my boy... got 2 ambulances turn up (one full one car) and while the two chaps took over the lady came to me and said are YOU ok... at which point I pretty much let out a sob and damn near broke down as the pros were there... man nothing like the fear for your kid...

you did good Rams...

Can totally relate buddy, I'm not a teary guy generally - nomacho bro, just the way I am - but I welled up a few times that day, even once he was out of the immediate phase. Mental how it affects you when it is your kids.

RE the phone call - I tried to get off the line a couple of times once I knew ambulance was on way, but the woman wouldn't let me. I felt like I was wasting her time too... tbh I think she knew this was the first time I'd seen this, was wound up, and wanted to make sure I didn't do anything daft, however well meaning. She was superb tbh, as soon as I said the ambulance had pulled up, she let me off.

I'm the first to bash the NHS like I say, but that day, top to bottom, they were fantastic with me.

Last edited:
Back