• TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

Insurance, Doctors, The Government (fda), And My Trt...

esinar

First off, sorry for the length of the the post.

My GP discovered that my testosterone was under 100, and prescribed TRT for me about 7 years ago, Androgel. Wifey went to work for another company 5 years ago (her insurance is primary here in the States), and I was told by the new insurance company (North Carolina Blue Cross Blue Shield) at that time that Androgel was not on their pharmaceutical formulary, and they would only would provide Axiron (bribery), and that I had to go to another doctor... a fcuking urologist (hey dudes, how's 'bout an endocrinologist?). Now in the last 2 months wifey works at a very major American hospital, and they are self insured. Their insurance board is now telling me that what has finally brought my test from under 100 to 527 is verboten. I eat clean, work out 5 days/week, do 30 minutes of cardio 6 days per week...what do they think is going to happen. I am a body builder, not some old 61 year old who has one foot in the grave and the other is 'pert near next to it. I am their poster child for what they preach to all of their patients. Fcuk, you should see my GP. I love him, he's a great doc, but, "physician heal thyself". He's as fat as I used to be. Their rejection states that my test is:
  • too high and that:
  • test in general has been determined by the FDA to be dangerous (...as if the adverts for drugs on TV don't warn of everything from zits to death. Yet their denial gave no proof or studies of what they posit as fact...especially for the pathetic dosages prescribed). More people die in car crashes annually then die from issues with testosterone, and that finally,
  • I do not meet any of their silly ass thresh-holds, which was written in a combo of legalise and medical jargon.
  • Of course I will be meeting next week with my GP to see how he is going to handle this crap, since he belongs to the same "health system" (thank you Obama...even private insurance companies are caving to the legal crap coming from Mordor on the Potomac)
Since I desperately need this stuff, as I am 61, entering my second year of body building, and making great gains...here's the dumb ass question, and y'all can see it comin': where/how do I self medicate? I mean, I am 61. I am going to die. I believe in better living through chemistry. I spent almost 4 years in the f'ing hospital, and have had most of my innards removed. I've pulled myself up by my bootstraps each and every time, and now this shit? When in the hospital I was on so many drugs that had I purchased them on the street, I'd have been arrested. I've been addicted to hospital and doctor prescribed opiates, so my whirl with drugs is nothing new. I have a medical marijuana card, which makes me illegal in the eyes of the Feds...how much worse can it get? I know how much worse it can get, but... Can anyone give some direction.

Back