Intermittent Fasting

I believe theres some science behind the insulin sensitivity, it makes sense as you're not having to control blood sugars constantly compared to eating every 2-3 hours
Endurance I would say is more person specific, at least at our level of sport
For me, I dont like doing anything on a full stomach, I like training fasted and if I've eaten I wait about 3 hours
Some people cant train until they've had 4 meals
The muscle building and body composition thing I'm not sure
I bought into it a little when I did the 16:8 but didnt really notice much difference, at the end of the day
Eat too much and you'll gain weight, too little you'll lose, regardless of fasting
Theres always 2 sides of the argument that both sound convincing
I've been watching a lot of YouTube this lockdown and the importance of regular nutrition and training methods to maximise blood flow
Again, at our level, its purely for enjoyment so do whatever makes you feel the best
If you feel good you'll perform better regardless
Pointless following a plan if you feel like crap and cant be arsed

I did notice oddly my last run i did afternoon with food in and the previous fasted..

Fasted felt easier

I did notice oddly my last run i did afternoon with food in and the previous fasted..

Fasted felt easier
I have to jog first thing atm
The amount of food I'm putting away atm there is no way I'm running later in the day
I also eat a decent meal pre bed so never that hungry first thing

I did it and lost 35 pounds. I was on very low cals though and only ate one meal a day, in the evening.

I still don't eat breakfast often, just have coffee until lunch.

I very rarely eat now before about 11-11.30 and have last meal around 9pm. I feel better on 2-3 big meals over 6 small

I think fasting is a great way to control calories
I followed the 16:8 years ago but I dont think there is any more benefit to following a rigid plan like that compared to just not eating for the morning
I actually function better on less food until the afternoon as eating bigger meals generally makes me sluggish
I dont buy into the fasting means you're burning fat claims
If you've eaten any sort of carbs the previous day that's gonna be fuelling you the next day
Basically
If youre trying to drop some weight and can function well by dropping the calories youd eat in the morning, then that's an easy way to do it as you can have the same remaining meals and still feel satisfied
How many meals were you on here and do you know the rough protein total? I can easily get by with only eating 2 meals a day, I actually feel better for it but my concern is mainly getting in enough protein to maintain/build muscle. So for arguments sake let's say 200g protein a day is your goal total, in 2 meals that would be 100g each and I'd find that too over facing. Plus would the body even efficiently utilise 100g in one sitting?

Doing 8.30-4.30 today but will probably aim to move it forward an hour or 2 over next few days

Back