Investment Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by huntingground, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Proteinbrah

Proteinbrah Top Contributor

huntingground likes this.
  2. huntingground

huntingground Kenstradamus Competitor

Far too obvious wasn't it? Good fun while it lasted though.

Proteinbrah likes this.
  3. huntingground

Oil prices have rocketed to $40 per barrel meaning the less profitable wells have now become profitable meaning more supply. With their being a glut at the moment, I expect price pressure going forward.

BP to cut 10k jobs.

OPEC+ to extend production cuts for another month. OPEC+ have pushed up their prices and limited supply - this is good news.

Rumours that BP will slash it's dividend.

Expect choppy waters ahead.

We need Tony F.

Proteinbrah likes this.
  4. JusJamin

JusJamin Full Member

Following Tony's advice, I've now adopted the three seashell approach from demolition man to save the rainforest and I also now only eat self caught fish and the bits I don't eat, I throw back in the canal so they can regrow back into whole fish.

Green life rules!

Maccer, Proteinbrah and huntingground like this.
  5. TONY FERGUSON

TONY FERGUSON Winging my way to heaven as we speak, son. Full Member

You've chosen to be a part of your community's elevation rather than its deterioration. Good for you!

6. noel

noel Moderator

Been a great few weeks trading agaunst Tony Fs advice. US trackers are up handsomely. Oil stocks gained as we expected too but in a shorter period. Even my Hsbc HK stock has rallied 10 percent. Looking forward to flight resumption in the next few weeks to use some hard earned air miles -

7. huntingground

Carnage in the market today. Where’s Tony F FFS

TONY FERGUSON likes this.
  8. TONY FERGUSON

I warned y'all but you didn't want to listen. Law of gravity, son.

If you're hedging your bets on things getting back to normal, think again. Oil companies are luring you in to rinse all your hard earned cash.

Far better to quit while you're ahead, admit your mistakes and start investing in clean tech. You put the same amount of effort into that as you do propping up the criminal oil industry, you'll make some real long term gains.

9. noel

noel Moderator

“Luring you in” LOL. Record low global rates. Central banks pumping cash. Only one place for it to despite the fundamentals right now. Just wait for another sell off and buy FANGS again.

10. TONY FERGUSON

Or... go and invest your money in something that's going to make a difference to this planet instead of constantly looking for a quick win every time there's a sell off.

And for those of you who don't care about the planet and just want to make some quick cash so that you can sit around drinking/sniffing pub grub and bullshitting to anyone who will listen about how much money you just made and how great you are: Imagine buying FANGS stocks 10 or 20 years ago... That's exactly where you are right now with the green stocks.

You can set yourself up for life.

Or... You can simply go back to spending every waking minute refreshing your screen and feeling good that you just made a few poverty shekels.

mal likes this.
  11. noel

noel Moderator

Bought the S and P near the pullback and that’s now just under 5% Better. Hsbc up 1%. Not bad for basically 3 or 4 clicks of a button on your advice George. Just let me know when you have some
    More tips mate. Remember every Poverty shekel counts. Green stocks are the fangs ? Time to sell them then if you feel that strongly. I’ve been hearing about how oils game is up for years.

natural resources will be the way. Water etc some days soon that’s going to matter more than green stocks. We won’t be around to witness it most likely. We won’t be saving anything mate. Will all be fucked and reserved for those who have money

12. huntingground

Bloody week for oil investors last week and more choppy waters ahead with crude prices falling on possibility of Covid19 second waves hitting the US.

I've been 900 down, then 1500 up, now around level again. Rollercoaster.

Guest1337 likes this.
  13. noel

noel Moderator

Poverty shekels

14. huntingground

Rollercoaster in the oil markets. Lots of negatives at the moment driving the share price down and I may buy again due to low price of shares.

Covid19 is still spreading worldwide.

Shell cut its dividend for the first time since WW2. BP is expected to pay full dividend after it sold off $5bn of assets this week.

Shell follows rival BP in telling investors that oil assets are not worth as much as they used to be. Shell, one of the world's largest oil companies, has warned that the low price of oil could reduce the value of its assets by up to $22bn (£17.9bn).
    BP told investors this month its assets could be worth $17.5bn less.

Shell said it expects oil to change hands at $60 per barrel in the long term and to be priced at $35 this year and $40 next year. Personally, I think that is a slightly negative outlook.

Rob likes this.
  15. Rob

Rob Administrator

sold my BP shares, I think it's only gonna get worse for a while.