Jaceb1010 Bodybuilding Log

My apologies, I will try and be more informative...
I didn’t think I needed to log everything here but I will put more effort in lol

So today is chest day for me...
Please speak up if this is a shit work out and needs to change...

Start with 2 warm up sets flat bench press.
Then move into working sets...
5 sets flat bench pyramiding up from 60kg, 70kg, 80kg, 90kg, and final set 100kg with as many reps as possible (it’s not many lol, around 4 or 5).
All other sets are 10 reps.

Then move onto decline dumbbell press
4 sets of 10 reps, working from 20kg dumbbells up to 30kg dumbbells for the last 2 sets.

3rd exercise is incline dumbbell press,
Again 4 sets of 10 reps,
Weight is normally the same as decline.

4th and final exercise is flat dumbbell flys,
4 sets of 10 reps, the weight is normally fairly light on this one for me lol I keep it to around 12 - 14kg dumbbells. It’s what works for me to get that nice stretch

so just 2 warm up sets for the whole workout, wow....

i would scrub the 60/70/80/90 as sets and do a longer warm up (i.e more sets of WU BUT with less reps) then try and get 2 or 3 actual working sets as right now your doing (in my eyes) 6 warm up sets of maybe 50-60 reps) then 4/5 reps of one set. Put more effort into the top sets ...so maybe 95/100kg for 2 sets all out.....

same on other exercises.... if you can hit 10 every time im guessing its not max effort....is that on purporse?

Ok got ya, I will change it up for next time I do push it but I suppose there is an element of caution as I train by myself at home...
(No spotter).

My strength has slowed in the last couple of months, perhaps that is because I’m not doing enough with the heavier weights in my range,

Thanks for the input, I will change it up a bit!

I will continue posting my workouts, as if my chest day is slightly incorrect maybe other things may need to be improved lol

so just 2 warm up sets for the whole workout, wow....

i would scrub the 60/70/80/90 as sets and do a longer warm up (i.e more sets of WU BUT with less reps) then try and get 2 or 3 actual working sets as right now your doing (in my eyes) 6 warm up sets of maybe 50-60 reps) then 4/5 reps of one set. Put more effort into the top sets ...so maybe 95/100kg for 2 sets all out.....

same on other exercises.... if you can hit 10 every time im guessing its not max effort....is that on purporse?

I used to do warm up sets just like @jaceb1010 is doing here, but found doing pretty much what @noel is suggesting here was much more productive for me.
I was using too much energy etc on warming up and never increasing my strength / reps on top sets as I was spent when I got to them.
I tend to do a couple of light sets but higher reps, then a few sets of low reps adding weight but keeping reps very low, really just feeling the weight.
then I have much more left to put into top sets and continue adding to them

Started my first ever cycle on Monday!
Going easy to begin with...

1ml test enanthate every week for 10 weeks.

I know guys on here go hard but for me caution is vital as I like my wife and marriage the way it is lol!

I’m hoping to get decent results strength, size, definition, etc

How do you achieve progressive overload with your pyramid sets? Assuming your aim is to add say 2.5kg m a week to bench, do you add that to the entire pyramid or just the final working set?

Back