Jb”s 6 Month Of 'dvt' Rehab

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by JB, Dec 31, 2018.

1. JB

JB KFC Sponsored Athlete Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here

Any family history of similar stuff?

Nanna when she was in her 50s now she’s nearly 97

Overweight/smoke/inactivity/blood vessel damage in affected area - none of these.

Nah mate don’t think any are that applicable

Dehydrated? Could be dehydrated from booze?

Wouldn’t say so drink enough fluids otherwise and usually when I’m away working drinking is kept to a min anyways

Did doctors state what could be the cause?

Not really obvs got asked lots of questions regarding activity etc but I’m active as fuck some days I’m non stop, no major injuries unless groin injuries have had more of an effect.

Are you on Warfarin?

No I’m on Apixaban which is a new tablet apparently more powerful than warfarin but doesn’t bode well with alcohol.

Been told of the doctor and also a head of A&E friend who also ran a DVT Ward that 2 drinks is allowable only as drinking can make you bleed internally and could be dangerous.

Serious shit though so look after yourself for a while mate. Clean up diet, no booze, lots of water, lots of walking. What did they say about gym?

Sort of never mentioned about the gym yesterday as lots of other shit was going on but doctor said i just need to be active make sure I’m not sat for long periods any Long drives stop every hour etc

Spoke to A&E friend today re: gym she said training is ok when swelling, pain etc has gone but nothing that could risk damaging or tearing a muscle as that would be your worst
    Nightmare so only gentle exercise really suppose upper half I can push a bit but legs are out of bounds it seems.

But shit really mate pretty gutted tbh but hey glad it’s caught as could’ve got really naughty.

Something else to note is that I’ve had these exact symptoms twice before and got scanned both times once around 2006-7 & 2014 both negative which I find a little strange but suppose after a week or so the symptoms disappeared if they were real they’d have stayed.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    huntingground likes this.

2. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Doctors rang a bit ago asking for me to call in for further blood tests next week as the ones I had last Friday apparently show high readings of creatinine and they’re concerned I did say I think if you train you do get heightened levels but he was only a gopher so didn’t know.

So let’s see what happens leg is still swollen & Painful apparently it will go down a bit I’ve been told was hopeful of doing some upper stuff next week obvs will see doctor next Monday for a chat.

Sjundea, Greedy Ben and huntingground like this.
  3. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Is this to do with lifestyle? U gunna ave a clean up or what? Ive never heard of it

sounds painful/awkward

4. huntingground

huntingground Pencillus Maximus Competitor

Deep Vein Thrombosis. Usually hear of it on airplanes, that is why they tell you to move legs etc. Dangerous as fook. Must be treated urgently.

Basically a blood clot in vein usually on leg. Can become detached and travel round blood stream and land somewhere particularly nasty, can become lodged in lungs and can be fatal.

JB and Fatbrah like this.
  5. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Current weight

IMG_4036.JPG

Was away a few days this week in Gloucester few meals out no alcohol even had a pub crawl around Cheltenham and even one pub had leffe on draught still kept off it.

Got my referral back but it’s not till June leg is feeling a little less painful now and managing to walk a little quicker still can’t push on though it just pulls me back

Get Monday’s blood test out of the way then I’ll try and hit the gym again as creatinine was high on last blood test but looking back I trained 8/10 days so bet that’s the Reason.

Sjundea, huntingground and Greedy Ben like this.
  6. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Matrix pull down (weight aside)
    25 x 20kg
    15 x 40kg x 5 sets

Rear / Back fly machine
    12 x 32kg x 2 sets
    12 x 25kg x 2 sets

CGPD
    12 x 25kg x 4 sets

V bar Tricep pushdowns
    15 x 18kg
    15 x 23kg
    25 x 27kg
    25 x 32kg

First session back in the gym since been diagnosed with DVT didn’t feel too bad I suppose.

Give blood again today to see if creatinine level has dropped I’d say it will have as last week didn’t do any training or had a high protein diet just basically normal life.

Been to bike shop earlier and looks like I’m getting a new mountain bike later in the week so will start getting out on that a lot more as need to keep active.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 2:13 PM
    Greedy Ben and huntingground like this.
  7. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Tonight

5 min treadmill walk

Incline BB press
    8 x 60kg x 4 sets

Matrix pull down (weight aside)
    12 x 40kg x 4 sets

Supine beach press machine (weight aside)
    12 x 30kg x 4 sets

Chest fly machine
    12 x 45kg x 4 sets

10 min treadmill walk

Gym was rammed as wanted to do just a bit of a push session.

Body is feeling a little weak at the moment not sure whether it’s down to blood thinning tablets or what I’ve tried googling whether the tablets can effect strength but can’t really see anything relevant.

New mountain bike is built now so goner get that tomorrow night so most probs have a ride out on that for an hour tomoz.

Leg is getting less painful now but I’ve a constant numbing feeling in right calf trying to keep my steps up every day at around 10k and if I’m down I’ll have a walk round the estate to knock it up.

huntingground and Greedy Ben like this.
  8. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    bloods have come back satisfactory (initally high creatinine) which i expected............1st lot of bloods were took after 8 days of training and over eating away from home 2nd lot of bloods no training and normal week of normal food.

feel like its been a waste of time and money just wish the doctor would have asked some questions and she would have got the answers instead of asking gordon the gopher to do the donkey work.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019 at 8:46 AM
  9. huntingground

huntingground Pencillus Maximus Competitor

What's next steps mate? Keeping healthy and light weights/cardio? Have you lost weight?

When do you get all clear? Can you come off the blood thinners then?

Fatbrah likes this.
  10. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Supporting a team with tony pullis at the helm isnt good for the health

11. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Pretty much mate can't really push weights as risk of tearing or pulling has increased massively now i'd say i've lost a bit of weight but the packet of biscuits i'm knacking every night isnt helping ha ha reckon i'm just not as pumped as usual at the moment will weigh on saturday then it will be a week since last weigh.

been told i'm on the blood thinners for 6 months min then i suppose they will re-test etc i have a appointment with the blood people in May so they might shed a bit more light.

12. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    been asked is that the reason behind it quite a few times now :rofl::rofl:i went to newport last week as well...........shambles

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019 at 11:14 AM
    huntingground and Fatbrah like this.
  13. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    New bike shop knocked £80 of it for me as well long serving customer and all that.

IMG_4058.JPG

Will try and get out tomoz afternoon on it now I’ve took the bell and reflectors off

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019 at 8:47 AM
    Sjundea and huntingground like this.
  14. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Little ride out on the new bike earlier just a short one leg felt ok while out but needed a bit of stretching when I got back in so went out for a walk.
    IMG_4063.JPG

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019 at 7:35 PM
  15. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Little sesh this morning 8am

5 Min treadmill walk

Flat BB bench
    8 x Bar
    8 x 50kg x 2 sets
    8 x 60kg
    8 x 70kg
    8 x 80kg
    8 x 90kg
    8 x 100kg

Pec Fly machine
    12 x 45kg
    12 x 52kg
    12 x 59kg
    12 x 66kg

Side raises
    8 x 6kg
    8 x 8kg
    8 x 10kg

V bar Tricep pushdowns
    15 x 36kg
    15 x 41kg
    15 x 50kg x 2 sets

10 min treadmill walk

Weight this morning was a little down from last week bout a kg
    IMG_4074.JPG

Comparison with last week
    IMG_4075.JPG

Hopeful of getting out on bike for a bit later as well.

Mrs said I look I lot less bloated as well bout 16 days without alcohol now

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019 at 11:03 AM