Just Managed It...

Discussion in 'Training Psychology' started by Jstar, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Jstar

Jstar Competitor

Who here has said to themselves they will do x amount of reps, and when getting close to that amount the burn kicks in, and you just manage to get x reps.

Was that a job well done, or just mental failure?

2. RS86

RS86 Top Contributor

If I set a rep target it'll be well in advance so I have lots of time to think about it and i'll almost always hit it. Probs only been 3 or 4 times I have set a rep goal and not hit it

Ultimatewarrior and Sjundea like this.
  3. Jstar

Jstar Competitor

Not think because you set the goal your mind made you 'just get it' instead of going past it? I found this, so started setting goals that I thought I wouldn't be able to achieve and so far this has been more productive.

Ultimatewarrior likes this.
  4. RS86

RS86 Top Contributor

Depends. If I set a certain target I don't necessarily want to pass it, whereas if I was doing a program like 531 and the rep target was 5+ I would go past that without much hassle

Ultimatewarrior and Jstar like this.
  5. Ultimatewarrior

Ultimatewarrior Full Member

I normally set a rep target that is just beyond my best.so it is achievable and realistic but not impossible.I know I will have to perform which gives less scope for having lazy days.
    If I do manage a set amount of reps,l keep going and do as many as I can.I don't stop because I've hit my target,I always try to push the envelope a little further.

Jstar likes this.