Keep Car Vs Sell And Lease

roy@/_

Mr Intensity 2017
Top Contributor
Current car is a 61 plate ford fiesta, we buy any car value £4100 as of today.

I have found a lease deal for a Smart 42 that works out at £3900 over 32 months. That includes tax, break down cover and would be in warranty for the duration of the term.

Would you lot agree that its a fair bet the servicing on the fiesta (my current car) is going to end up costing more than on the Smart car?

Taking into account also the odd repair that Id have to shell out for on the fiesta that I wouldn't on the smart.

Definitely not

£4100 on servicing over 3 years ? Not even close, id be pissed off it my car cost me any more than £1500 in servicing and repairs over 3 years

Definitely not

£4100 on servicing over 3 years ? Not even close, id be pissed off it my car cost me any more than £1500 in servicing and repairs over 3 years

Not what I meant mate.

Total cost of keeping the car vs leasing over 36 months.

So 4100 + servicing and repair vs 3900 + servicing

@roy@/_ I think mathematically the other car is a better deal (smart 42).

However do you honestly think you can fit in if comfortably? You're similar height and size to me and I honestly struggled sitting in my sister's 54 plate Clio the other day. Even my dad commented I looked squashed in it.

Just a thought as I don't know what the size inside of smart 42s are like.

However do you honestly think you can fit in if comfortably? You're similar height and size to me and I honestly struggled sitting in my sister's 54 plate Clio the other day. Even my dad commented I looked squashed in it.

Exactly what I wanted to know. No chance would I fit in one.....

Whats up with the 61 plate fiesta? Why is it going to suddenly start costing you loads of money? Have you not looked after it mate?

Exactly what I wanted to know. No chance would I fit in one.....

Left sale sharks once and seen Chabel and Sheridan in a smart car.... both of them were 6:3+ and probably 20+ stone....

You two faggots could definetely fit in one :D

My chauffeur :D for work, @Nov rented a really shite hire car when his commuter car was out of action, may have been a tiny Chrysler or something equally shite, we are both 20st and it was an exceptionally uncomfortable couple of days commuting. We had to sit with arms and shoulders touching all the way, was unpleasant, was glad when the 5 series was sorted.

Ha ha mate you do make me chuckle. Must be a tuff life at 240 lbs?

I reckon I'll be fine...needs must anyhow. Got to shorten the purse strings...is that the saying?

Whats up with the 61 plate fiesta? Why is it going to suddenly start costing you loads of money? Have you not looked after it mate?

Na it's had its service schedule maintained so should be ok.

I'm thinking if I can de risk the next few years by leasing. If I have something in warranty and the entire 36 months contract can be paid by the value if current car then I've effectively removed the risk of the unknown.

Of course what I'm thinknh now is that the fiesta will obvs go on for far longer than 36 months but after this time period with a lease, it would all be out of my pocket as the fiesta money would have been used up.

So actually maybe best to hold on to it.

Ha ha mate you do make me chuckle. Must be a tuff life at 240 lbs?

I reckon I'll be fine...needs must anyhow. Got to shorten the purse strings...is that the saying?

Na it's had its service schedule maintained so should be ok.

I'm thinking if I can de risk the next few years by leasing. If I have something in warranty and the entire 36 months contract can be paid by the value if current car then I've effectively removed the risk of the unknown.

Of course what I'm thinknh now is that the fiesta will obvs go on for far longer than 36 months but after this time period with a lease, it would all be out of my pocket as the fiesta money would have been used up.

So actually maybe best to hold on to it.
Well when you're used to driving bigger cars it isn't the most comfortable. If I was doing stacks of miles i wouldn't wanna be cramped.

Left sale sharks once and seen Chabel and Sheridan in a smart car.... both of them were 6:3+ and probably 20+ stone....

You two faggots could definetely fit in one :D
There's a difference between fitting and feeling comfortable especially if doing a lot of miles.

That's very true mate.

Good thing is you can Park them facing the curb lol.

That's very true mate.

Good thing is you can Park them facing the curb lol.
Yeah I've seen that...

That's a big bonus and you'd never get blocked in as you're already facing out, or able to reverse straight back!

Exactly.

Thinking past 36 months though, I'm not sure it makes sense.

Back