Keto Diet - Food List

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Raptor, Feb 24, 2011.

1. dutchscott

dutchscott Top Contributor

i love u .

Raptor likes this.

2. B|GJOE

B|GJOE Diet Expert Expert

You're welcome scott. I was surprised how well it satiates with celery sticks.

3. CJ

CJ Top Contributor

That stuff looks lovely Joe

4. B|GJOE

B|GJOE Diet Expert Expert

It tastes great, but just be aware it's cheap, so probably some real dodgy bits of cow going into it. Second ingredient declaration is Beef Heart, after 67% beef. So it's probably all the crap cooked and ground up, that would normally be put to waste. But if the thought of cows hearts mixed with lots of other dodgy cow parts doesn't bother you, then this is a great addition to your keto menu.

On a positive, isn't heart meat good for you?

5. hsmann87

hsmann87 Top Contributor

on a side note: all dieting, not just keto is just so fun IMO!

you have your macros, then you just select food and cook to it and experiment. nice way to pass time on the weekend when youre not at work and have to eat dry cold chicken coz ur too busy to even heat the food up lol

6. Paulieb

Paulieb Full Member

Great thread Raptor, Reps

Raptor likes this.
  7. Messi

Messi

No doubt that it is a nice post and informative also. Thanks for sharing wonderful information. This information is important for everyone.

8. Jay32

Jay32 Full Member

going to me some of this mmmmmmmmmmmmm

9. Raptor

Raptor Cutting for Summer Full Member

Keto Stuff

Anyone following my journal will see many crazy recipes, but i may as well add some in here as more will see it:

Here is the craziest one i did in the last week but it turned out perfect, i wanted a Tikka Massala but most of the sauces
    are about 15-20g carbs per 100g which is way too much, so i found a creamy sauce as a base, it was in fact Homepride
    Tuna Bake sauce (5g per 100) and is a creamy sauce with a hint of tomato, i added 50g cheese and 2 tbsp EVOO, then
    200g of Tandoori Chicken and a nice amount of quality Tandoori powder and it was bloody delicious, i'm one of these
    people that can look at any ingredients and put them together to make something good, and yeah i know cheese in a
    curry sounds strange but it was delicious
    If the cheese sounds mad, just add an extra tbsp of EVOO instead :beer:

Attached Files:

B|GJOE likes this.
  10. Hilly

Hilly Nutritionist and Sports Therapist Moderator

Could u not use a low fat Greek yogurt or full fat. 3G carbs per 100g then flavour as required ??

11. Raptor

Raptor Cutting for Summer Full Member

I tried to use that with a curry but it tasted a bit like sick to me, tbh i hadn't even planned to use the Tuna Bake sauce for the curry
    but when on keto i have lots of sauces that are under 5g carbs per 100g and i'll have a couple of meals where i add sauce to chicken
    and use a max of 100g as i think 5g is on, as a whey shake is about 5g, i just try to keep my carbs below 20g ed

Maybe i fcuked up the curry when i made it out of yoghurt but it just tasted far too rich for me

12. Philly_1

Philly_1 Top Contributor

What do you guy's think of Keto dieting? Plan on starting it for the first time monday

13. pmvalente

pmvalente

And what do you think about mascarpone cheese.

14. Anderson Rome

Anderson Rome

Very nice post and thanks for sharing this keto diet food list. i never tried this diet but i will try to do this diet very soon.

15. DaPump

DaPump Full Member

How's the progress going with this? I'm thinking to go Keto myself.