Khan Vs Alvarez

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Greedy Ben, May 4, 2016.

?

Khan v Alvarez

1. Alvarez by KO

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Khan by KO

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Khan on points

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Alvarez on points

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. GM-20

GM-20 Top Contributor

Will khans speed be the same since he's moving up several weight classes?

I can't see khan being able to hit and for 12 rounds. Canelo will walk him down and start landing big shots.

2. PMACK

PMACK Top Contributor

cotto was finished come on mate,yeah khan is no mayweather I agree,but his style and speed will give canelo problems in convinsed by it.mayweather is fast but Imo khan is quicker not as smart I agree not as talented or as good defensively I agree,but he has improved now in them departments.and if he boxes the correct way and stays long and tight behind the jab I am sure he can win it with speed,infact it could actually turn out to be a little one sided if he gets I to rhythm,alvarez has a punchers chance and alot people expect him to blow khan away in not convinsed in the slightest he will get close enough,as I stated my concern comes late 9/12 as khan will have to dig deep then but could be far enough ahead by then.this just my opinion ofcourse o could all be over in a flash but that's boxing,for the record I so not like khan I just think he will be too quick for him

Afghan likes this.
  3. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

Also Canelo is having to kill himself to make 155 atm. Im the 2 24/7 episodes you can see him wearing a sweat suit at all times. Yes he will weigh 170ish come fight night but it takes alot out of you to make weight like that.

PMACK likes this.
  4. The Cheese

The Cheese Top Contributor

I want Khan to win but can't see it happening.
    Only way he's going to get there is to open up early and put the Mexican away.
    The longer the fight goes on, the more it's going to sway in Canelo's favour. Khan's never really had the distance in him - he gets sloppy and leaves himself open after 5 or 6 hard rounds.

I see him knocking Khan out in rounds 6 to 8.

Guest1337 and Greedy Ben like this.
  5. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Both fighters make weight @155lb
    I'd love to know what they weigh later on today! Canelo is reported to usually walk in the ring well over 170lb
    13166001_965219720240331_4798476303649373426_n.jpg

Guest1337 and huntingground like this.
  6. TwoCanVanDamn

TwoCanVanDamn Account Suspended

Can't see Khan making it through the fight without slipping up and getting caught tbh

If he manages to get to the final bell he'll have done enough to win a decision but I see him winning the early rounds but getting sloppy and over commiting and getting caught and stopped by Canelo somewhere between rounds 6 and 9

A Kahn fight always seems manic and hectic as fuck to me, like he's on the brink of both victory and defeat the entire time, and canelo's timing is very good, he'll make the adjustments to land the shots to hurt Khan

7. Tommy6

Tommy6 Top Contributor

What channel is it on? Can't seem to find it to book it for tonight?

8. Chrisj22

Chrisj22 Top Contributor

Boxnation I think dude.

Tommy6 likes this.
  9. ricky23

ricky23 Top Contributor

boxnation have the Fury v Klitschko fight in July too
    but 12 quid a month is a bit steep imo

AMW83 likes this.
  10. bulldog

bulldog Top Contributor Top Contributor

Stream it!! Install Kodi on your PC or Android device and stream the Box Nation channel (As well as all the other Sports Channels from around the World!!) using the Sports Devil add-on... ;)

11. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

Agree £12 a month for 1 decent fight every 6-7 months. Rather Pay Eddie Hearn every now and then for a poor box office show lol.
    Time do people think first bell 3-4am? If it was 5 ish I'd get up and stream it on the laptop.
    I'm looking forward to Crolla fight tonight on sky. Hope he wins convincingly.

12. bulldog

bulldog Top Contributor Top Contributor

Or there's an Android-only app called Mobdro which does similar but with less choice...

13. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

Canelo has had to cut about 15lbs to make 155, looks drained there imo. He'll hydrate to 170ish come fight time

14. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

15lbs isn't a lot over a training camp is it.

Also someone commented that he was wearing a sweat suit. Iirc he's worn that a few times as I've seen clips of him in camp so it's nothing new.

15. TwoCanVanDamn

TwoCanVanDamn Account Suspended

That's a 15lb water cut mate, he probably weighed 155 for a few hrs max

He probably started camp at 175-180 if he's stepping in the ring at 170 on the night of the fight