Khan Vs Alvarez

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Greedy Ben, May 4, 2016.

?

Khan v Alvarez

1. Alvarez by KO

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Khan by KO

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Khan on points

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Alvarez on points

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

And would you agree 15lbs ain't a lot or do you think he'll be dehydrated still / feel the effects of making the weight? I thought he looked pretty good in the pics / press vids that I've seen.

2. TwoCanVanDamn

TwoCanVanDamn Account Suspended

I think he'll be fine provided he rehydrated properly

15lbs isn't that big a cut at that top level

AMW83 likes this.
  3. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

Effected him alot when he cut for mayweather. He should be fighting in the 160 division.

4. TwoCanVanDamn

TwoCanVanDamn Account Suspended

Mayweather effected him

ricky23, round 2 and Greedy Ben like this.
  5. GM-20

GM-20 Top Contributor

People seem to be talking like Canelo is very slow, hes not.

Also all the pundits saying how Khan has a lot of heart for taking this fight? you kidding me? huge pay day and if he gets beat, no one is going to be shocked.

ricky23, Guest and Greedy Ben like this.
  6. Chrisj22

Chrisj22 Top Contributor

I don't think Khan has a glass jaw, he got KO'd, it's boxing isn't it.

Also, the shots that KO'd him were good shots, many others would have felt the same damage.

Khan is quick, very quick, but he himself said recently that he'll struggle to KO Canello. He just hasn't got that fatal punch really.

I think his game will be to outbox Canello, be smart and last the 12 rounds and win on points.

Canello is fast and powerful so if he catches Khan on one of his sloppy moments, it's lights out.

7. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

He went 12 rounds with marcos maidaina and took his punches well. Prescott landed a sweet punch as did Garcia. The same how marquez knocked paquiao out with a sweet punch, thats the risk if you lose your head at that level. Im hoping Khans learnt to stay focused for the whole fight and stick to a gameplan for this fight.

Guest likes this.
  8. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Just because he has a few losses doesn't make him shit, he just never lived up to the hype. Willie Limmond dropped him a while before Prescot stopped him. He got up and battered Limmond after though.

Lets not forget Canelo though, he lost to Mayweather but everyone does! Plus he is the only ginger in Mexico and had 7 older brothers that all boxed.

Guest1337 likes this.
  9. DC77

DC77 Full Member

What time does this kick off? Some saying 4am some 5am

10. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

Id say anything between 4 and 5 [emoji57]

DC77 likes this.
  11. ricky23

ricky23 Top Contributor

Don't think anyone has called him shit, nobody can, he's an olympic silver medallist and former world champ.
    I'm hoping he wins and sets up a UK takeover of boxing!
    but he's not at the level he or his team/followers proclaim IMO
    he's had some great nights (Maidana, Judah even though he was on his last legs at the time, Devon Alexander) and he's had some shockers and everything in between!
    but he's not the best British welterweight let alone one of the world's best WW's IMO

I think it will show tonight and show again when he faces Brook and Thurman back down at WW.
    he's had a number of opportunities in the past to face Brook and the likes of Thurman, Porter and Bradley but went after an over the hill Diaz and Collazo instead.

12. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

What a punch from Alvarez - not sure many would take that punch. Khan folded like like a sheet of paper.

Greedy Ben likes this.
  13. GM-20

GM-20 Top Contributor

Killer shot. No surprise Canelo hits hard!

14. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Full Member

Khan looked really poor, not letting his hands go anywhere near as much as normal, definitely scared of canelos power, only ever gonna be one outcome with that attitude! Really think he could of won if he kept the pressure on him!

15. ricky23

ricky23 Top Contributor

Will happen again if he faces Brook (his last pay day). Will happen sooner than the 6th if anything. Brook one of the most accurate punchers and best timers of a punch around, plus he's abnormally strong for a welterweight.
    Thurman schools him but he fares a much better chance vs Thurman than he does Brook.

Think everyone knew what this was, a shot in the dark and a huge addition to his retirement fund. Brook not going anywhere so him after a tune up back at welterweight will probably be his lot.

Canelo vs GGG now...hopefully!
    GGG will do to Canelo what Canelo did to Khan imo, but he can't avoid him any longer!

Guest likes this.