Khan Vs Alvarez

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Greedy Ben, May 4, 2016.

?

Khan v Alvarez

1. Alvarez by KO

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Khan by KO

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Khan on points

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Alvarez on points

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. tomlet1

tomlet1 Mr Glass Top Contributor

U got knocked the fuck out.

AMW83 likes this.
  2. GM-20

GM-20 Top Contributor

In what way could he have won? He could have had his dad, a bat and an Akita in the ring with him and Canelo would still destroy him.
    I think people are really underestimating how good Alvarez is.

AMW83 likes this.
  3. Porky

Porky Committee brofessor Top Contributor

Called a ko between rounds 5 and 8 at the bookies. Thanks very much

TinyTim, Afghan and AMW83 like this.
  4. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

I honestly don't like hating on the Brits but yet again Khans words / mouth bugs me.

" I showed big balls taking this fight" so the $9m had fk all to do with it??

Also Brook tweeting qute literally as Khan lay on the canvas shows a lack of class

5. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

I dont see how Khan was poor. He was winning the fight 4-1 up on most peoples cards at the time of the KO. Made a silly mistake and fell for a feint then Bang by the much bigger guy as expected. Khan gets alot of respect from everyone in the sport for going in there and taking the risk.

As for Brook, 1 decent win against Porter years ago since then hes been knocking out bums so i dont see how he can be rated well enough to say hed KO Khan earlier than Canelo did lmao.

Brook needs to fight a live fighter before anyone can rate him. Barely anyone in the USA has heard of him as he only fights in the UK against nobodys.

lukeee likes this.
  6. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

Really hope the GGG fight happens, thats the fight that should of happend.

7. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

Said to my mate whilst watching, rounds 4-6 at 3-1 would be my bet. As usual i didnt put it on lol

Porky likes this.
  8. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

You have to remember tho that Frankie Gavin aside, brook has had to fight these bums seen as the IBF have created / instilled them as his mandatories.
    We are all just arm chair fans. But the sky pundits rate Brook highly - yes he needs to step up but IBF & Hearn have held him back IMO. Plus he also got stabbed in the leg which held him back a year. Also he had to pull out against Bradley iirc then Bradley put out against him. If it wasn't Bradley it was another yank. My mind is blank, I've been up all night.

ricky23 likes this.
  9. GM-20

GM-20 Top Contributor

By winning you mean running away? Maybe I saw a different fight but I don't recall khan throwing or landing many shots?
    Canelo just sat patient and waited to unload. When he did, it was good night sweet prince.

Guest1337 likes this.
  10. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

He ducked Brandon Rios and Chaves Jr. 2 credible names.

Lets see who Hearn throws him in with next, my guess is another bum who the casuals wont have heard of, Hearn does a great job of promoting fights ill give him that.

11. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

I saw him box, as did the commentry team and many others. Hit and dont get hit. He wernt throwing loads of punches because he didnt need to. Quick flurrys here and there then stepping back. Like i said he was 4-1 up on most cards.

Makes no difference now as he lost.

He needs to either retire or drop to 147 shut Brook up then retire.

lukeee likes this.
  12. GM-20

GM-20 Top Contributor

I wonder when big D will release all the facts.

Guest likes this.
  13. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Khan was very well looked after as an amateur, not even wanting to spar with certain people and that started the talk that he is/was overhyped.

He did well tonight for the first few rounds until he slowed down and Canelo found his range. He was always going to crumble under a big shot sooner or later.

If Canelo v GGG happens I'm hoping for an all time great kind of war!

Guest1337 likes this.
  14. ricky23

ricky23 Top Contributor

Porter beats everyone on Khan's record though (Canelo aside)
    Brook's one win over Porter is better than any opponent Khan has beaten. A lot of the big fights at welterweight have yet to be made, Bradley aside.
    And it's not so much the quality of opposition Brook has faced (can thank Eddie Hearn for fucking up his rise, keeping him in the UK to fill out arenas and earn PPV money) but it's the way he's dominated every opponent and how much better he's been.

Hopefully a unification fight against Vargas and all doors will open, Hearn can't keep him fighting in Sheffield and expect the mega fights to be made. Brook has to show some fucking initiative as well and refuse the voluntary fights that Hearn makes for him in these parts.

huntingground and AMW83 like this.
  15. ricky23

ricky23 Top Contributor

He'll retire then because it's an easy win for Brook. Khan loves to get hit, Virgil or no Virgil training him!