• While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Knee Pain

Simon

Founder
Have been experiencing knee pain (both knees) while sitting down for extended periods. Not too painful usually but the longer I sit down without moving the worse it is. Started squatting again and no pain during the exercise, felt really good and don’t think my knees are tracking too far over my toes but the days after they feel noticeably more sore than normal, again more so when sitting down. Pain is at the bottom of the knee cap. When I get moving again there’s some pain but it quickly eases once on my feet.

Been around 6 weeks. Had noticed this previously but only on things like flights when there’s pretty much zero movement for a long time and it’s very painful to get moving again.

Thinking about it, seemed to get worse after playing tennis on a hard court so the impact may not have helped but it wasn’t great beforehand.

Any advice or tips besides ibuprofen for a while?

I suffer from knee issues also. I personally stay away from any exercises that aggravate it and also get a good warm up in before training them. The bike or something for 10mins to get the blood flowing. I notice this helps a lot especially for the day after!

As for sitting around then getting knee pain, I don't get that. But I can get knee pain walking downstairs etc. Frustrating as fuck.

You tried any supps for joint health etc?

Self diagnosis = Need some new knees from the NHS :D

Curcumin would be worth a try.
Works for some, doesn't for others. But it doesn't break the bank so worth a try.

Have been experiencing knee pain (both knees) while sitting down for extended periods. Not too painful usually but the longer I sit down without moving the worse it is. Started squatting again and no pain during the exercise, felt really good and don’t think my knees are tracking too far over my toes but the days after they feel noticeably more sore than normal, again more so when sitting down. Pain is at the bottom of the knee cap. When I get moving again there’s some pain but it quickly eases once on my feet.

Been around 6 weeks. Had noticed this previously but only on things like flights when there’s pretty much zero movement for a long time and it’s very painful to get moving again.

Thinking about it, seemed to get worse after playing tennis on a hard court so the impact may not have helped but it wasn’t great beforehand.

Any advice or tips besides ibuprofen for a while?
I’ve had similar

Mine was completely gone after 2 months wide stance box squatting instead of free squats

Did free squats last week and they are sore and aching again. I sit noticeably further back squatting to a box, I bet you would too and it would solve your knee pain problem imo

I’ve been meaning to post something similar myself. No pay when squatting or general day to day stuff but if I have to kneel for any reason it feels like someone’s sticking red hot daggers into the sides of my knees. Runs down lower legs too. Fucking weird and I can’t figure out what it could be??

Any ideas?

I’ve been meaning to post something similar myself. No pay when squatting or general day to day stuff but if I have to kneel for any reason it feels like someone’s sticking red hot daggers into the sides of my knees. Runs down lower legs too. Fucking weird and I can’t figure out what it could be??

Any ideas?

Probably an STD for you.

I suffer from knee issues also. I personally stay away from any exercises that aggravate it and also get a good warm up in before training them. The bike or something for 10mins to get the blood flowing. I notice this helps a lot especially for the day after!

As for sitting around then getting knee pain, I don't get that. But I can get knee pain walking downstairs etc. Frustrating as fuck.

You tried any supps for joint health etc?

Self diagnosis = Need some new knees from the NHS :D

I don't do much of a warm up and although there's no pain at the time it's probably a good idea so will start doing something, even if it's just a few minutes on the bike.

you get any deep tissue work on quads?

I haven't done, you recommend?

Curcumin would be worth a try.
Works for some, doesn't for others. But it doesn't break the bank so worth a try.

Will check it out, never used this before thanks.

I’ve had similar

Mine was completely gone after 2 months wide stance box squatting instead of free squats

Did free squats last week and they are sore and aching again. I sit noticeably further back squatting to a box, I bet you would too and it would solve your knee pain problem imo

Last year I did loads of squatting as I was training for track cycling but packed that in and had ages off legs so this is only second squat session this year. Doesn't seem to be helping things so I'll give the box squats a go to see if that feels better the next day but the pain seems to be there regardless of exercise.

Dont sit down for too long

:D That's the answer really isn't it! Sadly my work means I don't have much choice.

Gua asha / graston your quads/calves/hammys

Get the knots out

I was hanging knee pain from tight quads pulling on patella tendon.

Fixed it with lots of IASTM

Gua Sha Massage Tool,GuaSha... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HC9GFDK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This tool and some YouTube tutorials

Cheers. You think this is better than just using one of those hand rollers as I've got one of those already?

To Liam’s point really eventually your muscles get knotted up and cause all sorts of pain, knee pain is often due to traction being shifted from tight quads. If you can work them self great, but as a fast track book a couple deep tissue sessions with a sports masseuse to focus on lower body. Should make a difference - although hurts like hell getting it done! Chuck in the self care routines like what Liam said and it eventually adds up

Back