Knee Sleeves

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by GolfDelta, Oct 2, 2020.

1. GolfDelta

GolfDelta Competitor

Anyone got any recommendations on knee sleeves? I’m looking for a pair more to keep knee joints warm rather than for any extra ‘spring‘ in the movements as they’ve started giving me grief on hacks, pretty much only on my top set. I’m pretty confident it’s not an issue with form.

User strength shop double ply in the past when I dabbled in PLing but they were pretty stiff.

Would prefer a thin/neoprene style not fussed about big brands like SBD, Cerberus happy to buy cheaper as long as they fit my needs.

I already take joint supp by Strom so looking for some mechanical assistance with the issue.

Any input appreciated.

2. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

SBD are head and shoulders above any other brand I’ve used

Had mine 5 years and they are still like brand new

Ironman TS and GolfDelta like this.
  3. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Any decently made neoprene sleeve will do the job - even poundland sleeves 'work' but they won't last long.
    5-7mm is standard thickness, some are tapered.
    Look on amazon at rehband, mueller etc.

I've got some by Harris Perfermance (AUS) buy they are pretty thin and loose.
    I will be buying STrong sleeves by slingshot next time as I am pretty happy with their elbow sleeves a I have and by the knee sleeves my mrs has, much stiffer/dense material.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    GolfDelta likes this.
  4. oldman

oldman Full Member

Why do hacks if they hurt?
    Easy aint it. :facepalm:

5. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

this. Must have had mine about the same length of time and they are still as new.

GolfDelta likes this.
  6. GolfDelta

GolfDelta Competitor

Cheers for the replies Ben, Ghost and G-G. Will do a bit more research based on your recommendations and try to narrow down to what would suit my needs best. Appreciated.

Greedy Ben likes this.
  7. s man

s man Moderator

I got a pair of knee sleeves and a pair of elbow sleeves from Decathlon just on a test after I popped in there as they looked pretty good. I’m still using them 2 years later and they’re as new in terms of support.

GolfDelta likes this.
  8. Mr mac

Mr mac TM Health & Safety officer Top Contributor

I’ve got apt convict sleeves. Single and double ply pair. Love them. Snug without cutting off circulation

GolfDelta and TBLifter like this.
  9. Simon90

Simon90 Moderator

Never tried knee sleeves, are they worth it then? I tried wraps once when I was squatting heavier I must’ve put them on wrong because it felt like they were cutting into me and reducing rom.

I wouldn’t mind some elbow sleeves but have always wondered if they’d hinder gains a little by making the pressing movements slightly easier?

10. s man

s man Moderator

I never used them when younger but I’m an old fart now so everything is worn down. Added to that the bicep reattachment and more recent DVT and I’m just protecting the joints and injuries these days. It definitely feels more secure for me.

I did use wraps. It will feel like it’s effecting rom but you want that bit of coiled explosion when coming out of the hole. I never used them until I was over 200 though.

GolfDelta and Simon90 like this.
  11. TBLifter

TBLifter Top Contributor

perfect timing my st strong knee sleeves ripped inside the neoprene so im in need of new ones so my knees don't explode

12. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

That’s what wraps are supposed to do mate. They bind up around your knees as you lower in to a squat and force you back out of the hole. If you know how to use them you can get 50kg more on a squat out of a pair of knee wraps.
    They feel weird as fuck when your not used to them, I personally hate them but can get 30kg out of some wraps once I’m used to them again and can utilise the rebound

GolfDelta and Simon90 like this.
  13. Simon90

Simon90 Moderator

Fuckinel thats a lot of extra weight!
    not something I’d use again as they don’t have any purpose in my training. My weights are too light :rofl:

14. Simon90

Simon90 Moderator

How did you get the injuries mate?
    That’s what I liked when I used the elbow sleeves it made me feel much more secure, I always wanted to buy a pair maybe I will.

15. s man

s man Moderator

Bicep detachment was pulling a 280kg deadlift about 4 months out from a comp. Felt shit and didn’t listen to myself and ended up losing form and think I bent my arm slightly and saw it roll off in the mirror.

DVT was after getting cv19. I had clots in my lungs to.

Everything else is just wear and tear now I’m 42

Greedy Ben likes this.