Lennox Lewis

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by huntingground, Jun 21, 2018.

1. huntingground

huntingground Kenstradamus Competitor

2. huntingground

It has already been established that you know fook all about combat sports on the boxing thread so was just helping you out.

Also read rehabilitation of offenders act (1974) too

Proteinbrah and noel like this.
  3. huntingground

It is the law

4. stanly

stanly Banned

so you are now saying it might be true with tyson & it´s ok now.?
    not sure now are you? never mind we will leave it at that. :facepalm:

5. huntingground

No, what I am saying its that he got found guilty, served his time and should be allowed to be rehabilitated.

Do I think that his conviction is unsafe : perhaps.

Five of 12 jurors who convicted former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson have developed doubts about his guilt, the Dayton Daily News reported Saturday.
    Tyson, convicted in 1992 of raping teen-age beauty contestant Desiree Washington in an Indianapolis hotel room, was released from prison Saturday. He has maintained that it was a consensual act.
    Juror David Vahle, 58, of Indianapolis, told the newspaper in a copyrighted story that he met later with some jurors and had discussions that cast doubt on their verdict.
    “There’s five of us that have reasonable doubt, hindsight, and I’m one of them,” Vahle said. “When we were in deliberation and were split six to six, I was convinced that he was guilty without a reasonable doubt. No question.
    “What I heard after the trial, then there’s reasonable doubt.”
    Speculation began after jurors learned that three defense witnesses who were not allowed to testify at the trial claim to have seen Tyson and Washington embrace in his limousine.
    Vahle also was less certain after reading that Washington had a financial agreement with a civil lawyer, contrary to her testimony.
    “As far as I was concerned, she was the purest virgin walking down the street,” Vahle said of Washington. “She hardly held hands with anybody.
    “Afterwards, whoops, maybe she’s not the purest thing after all. But it wasn’t presented that way.”
    The newspaper did not identify the four other jurors.

6. huntingground

Yes, as stated above : what I am saying its that he got found guilty, served his time and should be allowed to be rehabilitated.

7. huntingground

You do realise that Tyson had a comeback in August 19, 1995.

The match marked the return of Mike Tyson to professional boxing after over four years away due to his 1991 arrest and subsequent conviction for rape in 1992 which led to Tyson serving three years in prison.

The lawmakers and also the boxing authorities seem to disagree with you Stanly.

As for Lance Armstrong of course he should be allowed to come back, all elite athletes are juicing anyhow.

Reacher, noel, Guest and 1 other person like this.
  8. huntingground

Highly anticipated, the fight was an overwhelming financial success, grossing $96 million worldwide, including a then-record $63 million in Pay-per-view buys with the fight being purchased by 1.52 million American homes.

US public seem to disagree with your stance Stanly.

Guest likes this.
  9. ChrissyJ

ChrissyJ Top Contributor

Another thread ruined stanly you bender

Reacher, Guest, Afghan and 1 other person like this.
  10. huntingground

:lol::lol:

11. huntingground

@pooley1810 can you please clean this up. I would have a mental breakdown if the above posts stayed as they degrade the great legacy of the Lion, LL!!

ChrissyJ likes this.
  12. mal

mal Top Contributor

Lennox was awesome to watch, one of, if not the best heavyweights ever...why he switched nationalities though, dont know why people do that, british public loved him either way.

huntingground likes this.
  13. huntingground

Born in West Ham and lived there until 12 so English born and bred.

His mother then moved to Canada (when he was 12) so competed as an amateur for Canada but always felt British. He won Gold in 88 for Canada at Olympics and then declared himself a professional and moved back to his native England, fighting under the English flag.

Born and bred in England and always felt English, returned when he had the dough and fought all professional fights as an Englishman.

Reacher and mal like this.
  14. phani tikkala

phani tikkala Plenty O'Toole Top Contributor

Is LL still bumming Sol Campbell?

Guest and huntingground like this.
  15. huntingground

Jermaine Jenas.