1. While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Lifting Weights Causes Erectile Dysfunction For Me :(

Discussion in 'Injuries, Health & Personal Care' started by letsdothis, Dec 20, 2018.

1. letsdothis

letsdothis Full Member

After try and testing this a few times there Is no doubt lifting weights is the issue for me and it's frustrating trying to combat it.

Just recently I stopped lifting for a month mainly due to having a lot on and not having the time to get into the gym and more so just for a rest up.

I had been on a strict 2800 cals a day cut for a couple of months eating healthy and hitting macros, was leaning out but was always retaining/puffy looking.

Anyways within a a few days of not lifting I began to develop this intense hunger. I mean I would wake up ravenous and if I didn't eat I would feel sick, it was almost like my body had been stuck in a delay and the moment I stopped lifting it was crying out for calories to repair which is strange as I never had the cravings while I was active at the gym.... anyways
    I decided fcuk it im resting up for a month and gave into my cravings and hunger, I was eating the biggest load of crap you could imagine packaged burgers, full bars of chocolate etc.... I was easily eating close to 3500/4000 calories per day.

Something funny began to happen.... I started to get leaner around the face,waist all over really... my muscles remained fuller looking and boom erections like I was 18 years old.

I continued eating this way for about a month keeping an eye on my weight/jean size.... nothing increased and remember I was doing zero exercise during this period... I was a couch potato.

I've been back to the gym for a week and a half now... back to my cutting calories and erections have disappeared... and I look big massive and puffy again, bloated face etc... went up a jean size as before the jeans were lose round my waist and now they are cutting in, its obviously water weight however it makes no sense as im back on a strict carb intake compared to eating high carb like before.

so it got me thinking... I was eating nearly 4k calories some days and never looked to have gained any weight if anything I leaned out... I was high carb for sure so I cant even blame carbs for water weight as I ate way more carbs on that month off than I was eating when I was cutting....

Is it possible if im having that many calories on an off month that I may need to be eating around that and more when im back at the gym ? apart from cortisol its the only thing I can think is changing between lifting and not lifting that could be the issue.

thoughts ?

I've posted about this before but its really frustrating me as I love lifting purely for the release but trying to find the balance is hard and the docs have zero clues about this so wanted to get opinions of other lifters and if they noticed something that might be the key.

i'm 6 foot 2 inches and about 240/250 pounds when active and retaining... 230/35 with the water weight off ( when I was n the off month)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018

2. huntingground

huntingground Pencillus Maximus Competitor

Are you taking any hormone-altering substances or even prescription/recreational drugs?

I am heavier than you, eat more than you and lift relatively heavy weights. My hards ons are like bollards :lol::lol: I use PEDs though.

If I have a particularly tiring/hard session, then the missus may have to work harder to get me 100% fully hard but this is rare.

Have you thought about a blood test?

Fatbrah likes this.
  3. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Lift more.
    Be consistent with your diet and training.

Why are you cutting? Whats your bf like?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  4. huntingground

huntingground Pencillus Maximus Competitor

Choice of never lift or never have sex = goodbye Nortons :lol::lol:

Greedy Ben and bertos like this.
  5. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here

:lol:

Just doesn't make sense, must be some other factor/cause.

huntingground likes this.
  6. letsdothis

letsdothis Full Member

when the water weight is off I can see all the definition on my body shoulders chest abs etc.,... I don't work abs so not gonna say they are flattering but whatever amount ive got from deads and squats I have a similar build to brock lesnar not just as big but same shape in that big rounder shoulders and have those abs he has that aren't defined but look solid as part of his overall core. and funnily enough look him when he is off the gear and looking bloated/puffy.

As for what I take protein powders and whatever I get from food and cabrgoline for a medical condition, im guessing it is purely not eating enough cals all the calorie calculators told me my maintenance was around 3000 give or take each on gave different results... I feel and look better close to 4000 I've noticed and don't get fatter if anything lean out.... I'm only speculating but it was possible with the intensity and lifting heavy with under eating it was messing with me and my cortisol may have off due to this... when I eat 4k and high carb I lean out and get zero water retention.

7. JANIKvonD

JANIKvonD JandirTheJandirHandler Top Contributor

list your exact diets between the 2 periods. normally people don't have a clue what they're eating when not training (most of the time even when they are).. but you know EXACTLY how many calories you've been eating by the sounds of it. you were very specific with your amounts + you've been to the docs.. who will have told you to write it all down id imagine..

if you weren't gaining any weight at all while not training.. why did you drop 1/3 of the calories out the arse of it from the start? training alone would have put you in a deficit.. which means your WAY down on calories when you factor that in

i'd say your under eating majorly by the sounds of it. I lose sex drive when my calories are low. you'll look worse as low carb = depleted glysogen = muscles aren't as full & you'll look soft as hell.

you've trained a couple month though ffs.. personally I think you just need to stop fannying about & get in the gym. your not the missing link that physics doesn't apply. cals in vs cals out in ALWAYS king

Reacher likes this.
  8. JANIKvonD

in4 brock lesnar stunt double pics

Porky and LittleLiam like this.
  9. JANIKvonD

just looking at your other thread.. 'where can I buy Ralaxofine' :lol: so your brock lesnars stunt double "when hes not on gear" with gyno & water retention problems?

[​IMG]

Greedy Ben and Porky like this.
  10. Porky

Porky Committee brofessor Top Contributor

Would suck/10

milner575, Greedy Ben and Fatbrah like this.
  11. Max

Max Competitor

What the nipple!!!!

Eat 4000 all the time?

Sorted.

12. letsdothis

letsdothis Full Member

I've been training for around3/4 years?? Where did you get the few months from?

The reason I set the calories that I did was based on those online calculators that take age height weight etc and give you your maintenance and cutting/bulking cals and most of them suggest a similar intake.. so I stuck to it counting every calorie and logging every macro.

So was just confused when I increased by such a big margin and was also not working out that I began to lean out more than I had ever before following the recommended intakes as mentioned. I've been cutting and bulking for years and never got the desired results when cutting but couldn't understand why...

I have some very minor gyno caused by my prolactinoma that is why I asked about raloxifine but tbh it only looks noticeable when carrying excess water weight so I've dropped that idea .

It is very possible I also over train when I'm working out also.. so putting myself into a very high defecit isn't actually a far off guess and you may be right.

I'll continue eat 4k plus and see how I get on just found it strange if those recommended numbers were anything to go by

13. letsdothis

letsdothis Full Member

Lol looks like Cameron took up lifting since leaving number 10