1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.
    Dismiss Notice

Long Acting Insulin Protocols

Discussion in 'Growth Hormone/Peptides' started by godsgifttoearth, Feb 4, 2021.

1. godsgifttoearth

godsgifttoearth Full Member

Using something like Lantus, shot in the morning, for say 6 weeks at a time back end of a big blast, how effective is it without combining with GH?

What is the minimum useful dose for Lantus in a bulking context? The lantus literature calls for 0.2iu's/kg for diabetics, how much higher to run it?

What sort of calorie surpluses are used with a long acting slin?

2. G86

G86

Why are you looking to use long acting over fast acting?

I personally prefer the fasting acting as it’s more predictable. Being predictable you can schedule your carbs at the correct times to reduce the chances of doing hypo.

In regards to diet I would just start at a regular bulk surplus of 500 and adjust when weight gain stalls. I wouldn’t use a big calorie surplus as the insulin will improve nutrient uptake. Although your gonna gain some fat when gaining I don’t see the point of gaining it unnecessarily by having a large surplus.

I see all peds as a supplement I base my usage around my current goals, diet and training. I wouldn’t design a special diet and training protocol around a particular drug.

This is a good read in regards to insulin usage tho...

https://www.tmuscle.co.uk/threads/everything-you-need-to-know-about-insulin-by-dave-palumbo.28981/

3. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

Agree with this
    Guys adding in 100g more carbs pre n post workout as they're using 10iu of insulin
    Then wonder why they got fat
    Smaller amounts with regular meals simply to improve absorption of nutrients works well imo

godsgifttoearth and Sjundea like this.
  4. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

Great for strength and appetite however for me I'd not use again.

Me + lantus = Michelin man with a huge moon face.

Stopped and lost several pounds very quickly.

Most effective insulin protocols I've used have been novorapid in small doses around regular meals as @pooley1810 suggests. However even then I wouldn't say it was game changing. Certainly wasn't like I went from half decent gym physique to a seriously impressive one or anything like that.

5. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Used to be a fella on here who claimed insulin really “transformed the physique”.

He was always carrying a lot of fat and water though, never an ab or a vein in sight

Always put me off tbh

6. godsgifttoearth

mostly pure laziness and trying to avoid too much pinning but noted, i'll look at faster acting.

link talks about 1iu per 20lbs of lbm, is that a conservative dose?

7. G86

G86

Personally I would start really low 2iu as you can build up from there based on how your feeling and responding. You might get good results from 2iu because your hypersensitive to insulin if that’s the case stay there why go higher? If your not responding just increase it 1iu at a time.

I would also look at what carbs your currently having around the times your looking at taking it and use that as a maximum dosage marker by dividing total carbs by 10.

60g of carbs / 10 = max 6iu

For me insulin needs to be used conservatively. It’s highly unlikely that your gonna be seriously ill mega dosing gear where as insulin I would approach with caution.

Are you looking at taking anything else with the insulin?

For me personally I’d get better results leaving the insulin and add in 100mg of anadrol each day for 6 weeks.

godsgifttoearth likes this.
  8. godsgifttoearth

i will be on ramping anabolic dosing, yeah. anadrol more than likely included later on as i fully peak.

coach has been nagging me to try a new 20 week peak system for meets, so i was gonna try and mass way faster than i normally would over that 20 weeks. the program has 2 distinct waves to it, so i was trying to work out if i can use slin over the 1 st and 2nd wave, then drop it over the mid back-off as a way of dumping lbm on faster with maxed recovery. fat gain isn't a huge concern, within reason.

i train 6pm-8pm and a lot of the protocols floating around seem to have pre and post workout slin. i'd be in bed somewhere between 10-11pm. is a single decent dose of rapid slin, post workout worth doing or is there a risk i'll go hypo in my sleep?

9. G86

G86

I would only take it per workout if your using something like humulin r you’ll have to take in carbs within 30 mins or so and I think the peak is around 1-3 hours and out of the system in 6 hours or so. A shot of that should cover you for pre, intra and post workout meals and you should be clear/almost clear for bed. I would just start at one shot pre workout and if you want to add a 2nd shot in I would look at doing it before breakfast.

I would just play it safe

10. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

If you've got a coach OP he should be able to advise on this.

11. godsgifttoearth

he doesn't give out advice on PEDs, he purely strength coaching.

12. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

I’d ask myself honestly what level I was competing at tbh

No way would I be fucking about with slin and potentially going hypo in my sleep to win a local PL meet or an area strongman comp

Seems ridiculous

godsgifttoearth and Sjundea like this.
  13. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

A strength coach that doesn't advise on peds!? That's a bit different.

Greedy Ben likes this.
  14. godsgifttoearth

its actually not dude, especially when their CV has a lot of high level "natty" athletes on it.

15. flash

flash Top Contributor

You’ll know if you go hypo in your sleep believe me [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]