1. Click here to see our list of sponsors. If you decide to use one of the companies listed, please support TMuscle by clicking on one of the links provided.

Low Cal Sauces?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Callum62, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Callum62

Callum62 Full Member

Hi there , just wondered if any of you guys used low cal sauces like the walden farm ones whilst dieting or anything similar really they sound a bit to good to be true apparently no cals sugar fats or carbs and to be honest they don't taste too bad ? Cheers :)

2. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Top Contributor

3. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

Franks hot sauce (varies in heat depending on which you choose) tastes great and low sodium also.

Helmans lighter than light mayonnaise.

They're my two go to sauces when cutting.

Craig.1, Callum62 and Fatbrah like this.
  4. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Franks red hot is the shitttt

Bigkiwi and Sjundea like this.
  5. Callum62

Callum62 Full Member

Where do you get your franks sauce from sjundea never heard of that one ? Socal do you just chop onion pepper tomato that kind of thing or buy ready made ? Cheers guys

6. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

I even like it on broccoli, broccoli is my go to veg to bulk out my meals when cutting as it's basically just fibre. Tastes alright too.

7. Callum62

Callum62 Full Member

Yeah have broccoli with most meals to be honest or salad will get some franks red hot tommorow looks like teach have it . Cheers

8. tomlet1

tomlet1 Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Encona or franks

Any hot sauce rly as u dont need much

Callum62 likes this.
  9. Con

Con Moderator

Don't use that artificial poison called walden farms!
    If it's loaded with artificial stuff stay away!
    There is a lot to be said for learning how to eat relatively plain foods! Once you're used to it then any little change you will make is awesome!

Example: Take your diet foods and add nothing to any of the meals besides some sea salt for 2 weeks. At that point start adding in salsa, hot sauce, mustard, ketchup and so on. It will taste AWESOME!

You can also look for diabetic friendly sauces (usually has a label that says so).
    I use a couple that are ultra low in calories (10-20 calories for a big serving) and they use splenda as a sweetener as sugar is a no go.

Don't be fooled into crap like "carb reduced ketchup", that's just watered down regular ketchup!
    Use ketchup just measure it out properly.
    "30 calories per meal" is my rule of thumb for clients starting out that then drops to 20 calories per serving if fat loss slows (at this point every calorie counts and if we can cut out an easy 50 calories we do so!)
    Then at the end of the diet 10 calories per meal is the limit but for that you can still use some extra spicy salsa as an example!

10. Smeagol

Smeagol Full Member

I've been using the choulula chipotle sauce. Tastes good and only need a few shakes of it.

11. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

Soy sauce is another option, just gotta bare in mind the sodium content.

12. BTS93

BTS93 Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Passata sauces.

Aldi do them.

13. Callum62

Callum62 Full Member

Cheers con reading the walden sauces didn't really sit well with me seemed to good to be true but after looking on there website it says that it can be basically classed as cal free if under certain amounts so basically a marketing ploy and contains a fair few E numbers too. Will take a look tommorow in the 'free from' aisle :thumb:

Con likes this.
  14. Craig.1

Craig.1 Full Member

Aye, I only tried that hot sauce recently.. it's like crack man! Bloody lovely

Sjundea and Fatbrah like this.
  15. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Top Contributor

Personally just use this one I get in tesco

Attached Files: