1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Enough Test For Trt?

Discussion in 'Anabolic Steroids & Prohormones' started by bulkaholic, Mar 1, 2019.

1. bulkaholic

bulkaholic Competitor

Well I have had a more detailed test done with a view to getting prescribed via private company as NHS don’t seem interested.

Total Test 9.88nmol/l
    LH 6.8
    FSH 9
    SHBG 16 (Low)
    Free Test 0.287
    Estrogen 101
    Prolactin 262

Surprising I am feeling so shit as my SHBG is so low that plenty of free test still available

Although Test is low it looks like the body isn’t calling for more (in my simplistic view of things)

I have been instructed to get prostate exam by docs and if that’s ok they are happy to prescribe TRT privately.

If I could find pharma product nowadays I wouldn’t even bother with prescribing and would just self medicate and get regular bloods done due to being so simple now.

Dorm3r likes this.
  2. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

Why the need for pharma If that's the route you wanna go down, it's not guaranteed to be any better
    If you can use a good ugl that improves your life and you get bloods to confirm everything is where it should be then the only difference between pharma/private care and ugl will be on your pocket

huntingground, bulkaholic and Reacher like this.
  3. bulkaholic

bulkaholic Competitor

Yes I guess you are right really if I get the bloods done I will be able to get levels right so dosing of product becomes a non issue.

Any recommended land that are good currently and more concerned with cleanliness than anything else

4. Sciatic

Sciatic My mood is a state of my mind. Full Member

I got my levels down to just over 4...This was just by coming off and hopefully having my bloods done at the right time. It took just over 12 months for me to get prescribed TRT. Started off with gels and was put on Nebido after another 3 month check for life. Very long acting ester but much better than the gels. I honestly love TRT. Obviously hitting the Test e/Sust every 2 weeks would be very nice. My area will not prescribe these as cost is too much...But, I'm very happy with Nebido @ 1000mg every 10 weeks.

Dorm3r, Reacher and bulkaholic like this.
  5. bulkaholic

bulkaholic Competitor

Thanks for the info. I would love if I could get hold of Nebido myself but doesn’t seem available at all.

If I do it myself will go with Sust every 2 weeks.

I can’t wait 12 months hence going private route but cost will be around £80/month rather than 10-15 a month!

Sciatic likes this.
  6. kipper

kipper Full Member

Could you get private endo to prescribe then go and see your GP and get the Nebido prescribed by your GP and NHS?

bulkaholic likes this.
  7. bulkaholic

bulkaholic Competitor

Well last time I went and seen a private doctor for something else they got all stroppy about me seeing somebody else and then made me do it all again through NHS, like a jilted lover lol

8. Dorm3r

Dorm3r Top Contributor

Crazy my lh is like 1.7 and my fsh 1.8 and my test last one was 12.4nmol crazy how high yours is. Your free test is actually pretty low to be fair mate mine is only 0.21 last test so see how getting back in gym and eating healthier gets me first before I put in a case for trt lol

bulkaholic likes this.
  9. bulkaholic

bulkaholic Competitor

Yes I’m assuming the little fellas aren’t working very well if my LH and FSH are mid range but Test is low.

My SHBG is low also but I don’t want to increase that as I would have even less free Test to use.

Would heavy exercise increase you LH and FSH due to demands on the body? I’m not sure how it all works to be honest but about time I did

Dorm3r likes this.
  10. Dorm3r

Dorm3r Top Contributor

I'm not to sure either back at the gym last three weeks struggling big time with strength and stamina tbf and joints hurting but I am going to re-test in couple months to see where I am at.

I think they can prescribe trt on low free test and anything below 0.22 I think they count as low.

11. Sciatic

Sciatic My mood is a state of my mind. Full Member

Worth a watch....

bulkaholic likes this.
  12. bulkaholic

bulkaholic Competitor

Totally agree around the depression and mid-life crisis.

So many men are depressed due to low testosterone. I have been self medicating for 4-5 years in and off but keep convincing myself it’s wrong and I don’t need it. Once my body returns to normal levels I feel terrible. No energy, low strength, very slow thought process, no desire to train etc.

This time I will do it properly with bloods and checkups and be in it for good as I feel like half the man I used to be!

Dorm3r likes this.
  13. Dorm3r

Dorm3r Top Contributor

@bulkaholic did you start TRT under DR if so hows it going