1. Click here to see our list of sponsors. If you decide to use one of the companies listed, please support TMuscle by clicking on one of the links provided.

Matt Mendenhall

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by The Red Meat Kid, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:50 AM.

1. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Top Contributor

80’s era B.B., looked great although I think this may be shopped you don’t see it like this anymore
    67F6E92F-DFC0-494C-B3F5-C5F79E5DF6B4.jpeg

Hilly and huntingground like this.

2. neil.rushton

neil.rushton Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Yeah, that's photo-shopped. I can't understand why people do this, the guy had an awesome physique, personally, I'd take it as an insult that people photo-shop images, it's like they're saying "not good enough, here's a better version".

This is a non shopped one
    upload_2017-11-14_10-0-37.png

He's regarded as one of the best physiques to never turn Pro, I think Edgar Fletcher was another.

ldn_geordielad and Eddie 1977 like this.
  3. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Top Contributor

Yeah he did look v good. One of my favourite old school looks along with labrada

4446FE17-50B3-419A-A95E-7FFB92513D98.jpeg

That is the epitome of bb IMO

Eddie 1977, Matty and neil.rushton like this.
  4. neil.rushton

neil.rushton Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Always been a fan of Lee Labrada, 'Mass with class' was an appropriate moniker

Matty and The Red Meat Kid like this.
  5. Johnsholtodouglas

Johnsholtodouglas Full Member

The 1993 version of Flex Wheeler, or any 1990s version of Sean Ray was something aesthetically appealing IMHO.

Haney upped the ‘thickness’ stakes, but kept it tight in the mid-section.

Dorian was the game changer, the transitional bodybuilder, between what was beautiful...to what we have now.

Slin & GH bubble guts look a cunt. No ifs, not buts. I fucking hate bloated waistlines on bodybuilders...it’s the exact opposite of what should be strived for.

6. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

Slin and GH gut is a bit of a myth I feel, not sure if there’s any proof they cause this. I doubt diabetics and people prescribed GH suffer from bloated bellies and they use more than your standard bb dosages
    I agree it looks terrible on stage but I think it’s more to with carb loading, diuretics, sodium and muscle mass

neil.rushton and Max like this.
  7. noel

noel Top Contributor

we also forget "golden era" BBs were basically classic physique size........so food intake is no where close to the boys up there like Ronnie, Jay, Big Ramy etc .....

GH does cause everything to grow but I agree - ive seen guys (SHW) at top AM comps look like they are ready to give birth on stage and its purely as they went ballistic on carb ups (as ive seen them weigh in and look awesome then bury 2 whole trays of baklava and unlimited rice over a day or so period and looks shite on stage)
    slin you get full everywhere not just your belly...... plus the amount of muscle being carried means its hard to not have some rounding (look at Kai)....because the mid section HAS to grow to hold the huge upper and lower bodies together.... just my 2ps worth anyay

We reward mass monsters.... not the most aesthetic....hence the classic class now

Golden, pooley1810 and neil.rushton like this.