Maximum Amount Of Protein You Would Eat In One Sitting?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Richard Dick, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Top Contributor

I'm prepping my lunches for next week and added up the macros (just out of interest, not doing a planned diet) and it's about 115g protein, 80g carbs, 30g fat. I don't think it really matters but does anyone think it's better to cap the amount per meal?

Jayne Scott likes this.
  2. Mr mac

Mr mac TM Health & Safety officer Top Contributor

Think that’s been largely debunked.

Jayne Scott and Richard Dick like this.
  3. Simon90

Simon90 Moderator

Are those macros for one meal I'm guessing? Surely not the whole day lol... my breakfast is about 80g a meal 45g from meat 35g from whey (then whatever from oats etc butt I only count direct sources) all my others are 60-70g protein

If your having 115g each in say 3 meals I'd rather split that up more into 5 or 6meals just for sake of digestion

Richard Dick and Rob O’tren like this.
  4. Rob O’tren

Rob O’tren Full Member

Is that all you’re eating per day. How much do you weigh mate.

5. Richard Dick

Yeah, I'm obviously not believing the whole 30g of protein max absorption thing. Was just curious really.
    Yeah, that's just one meal obviously. I have about 4 meals like that a day and maybe a couple snacks.

Simon90 likes this.
  6. Richard Dick

It's just my work lunch. That's why the thread says "one sitting".

7. Simon90

Simon90 Moderator

Nah its bollocks lol, if you don't struggle with bloat etc you'll be fine, I know if I had 100+grams each meal my stomach would be distended to fuck and I'd struggle to get the meals in. One meal would be okay but not every meal every day, thats why I split it into every 2 hours just works better for me. If it works for you go for it, if you struggle you know you can split the meals into smaller portions

Richard Dick likes this.
  8. Simon90

Simon90 Moderator

For example one meal for those macros would be 400g cooked chicken breast a full bag micro rice and then some olive oil to make up the remaining Fats... That's a big fuck off meal lol, saying that 400g cooked steak with a bag of micro rice would go down a treat so if you chose your food choices properly to what you enjoy most it'd be pretty easy

9. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

I eat 150g of protein from meat in one meal sometimes (if I eat a full pack of liver for example) but I don’t think it’s optimal

Isn’t gonna do you any harm though is it

Jayne Scott, Richard Dick and Simon90 like this.
  10. Richard Dick

It's stewed steak. Goes down easy.

That's what I'm thinking. It's how I prefer eating but added it up then thought it seemed a bit much and maybe more optimal to do the whole bodybuilder 8 small meals a day thing.

11. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

I dont think its best to cap anything tbh
    Do whatever suits you best and makes you feel the best
    By that I mean
    If capping it or splitting it into smaller meals leaves you hungry an hour later then its not enough or the wrong foods
    And the flip side to that is, if you're meals are leaving you bloated and tired then its too much
    Eat meals that satisfy you and give you enough energy to the next one
    Amounts per meal doesn't really matter, obvs a balance is better but its consistency and the total at the end of the day that counts

Reacher, Richie_Rich and Richard Dick like this.
  12. mal

mal Top Contributor

Mad all these debates about protein ide eat 500 grams a dsy if i could afford it, youd never get fat doing it either, just loads more muscle tissue over time, some people struggle with digestion but thats just down to individual genetics.

Simon90 likes this.
  13. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

I think your right. I used to eat 450 for years when I used to track my food religiously and I did notice a difference

Stayed leaner easier

Seemed to recover better too

I probably eat 300-350g a day now at a guess just because I’m not as in to it as I used to be

mal and Simon90 like this.
  14. Simon90

Simon90 Moderator

There's deffo some truth to that. Eating all that protein is hard and expensive but the results are better. I stay much leaner with the higher protein. And feel like my progress in gym and physique wise is better

15. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Top Contributor

Couldnt you just do it via shakes?

mal likes this.