Meal Prep Companies

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Mark1234, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Mark1234

Mark1234 Full Member

Alright Lads,

Does anyone use meal prep companies for getting some of their meals delivered?

Have always found meal prep and cooking a complete pain so started looking into the idea of maybe ordering say 5 meals a week. Means I don’t have to prep my lunches for work and I can still make my own dinners etc.

Was looking at https://www.my-prep.co.uk/order/fat-loss-menu-for-males/2-meals-a-day/

Don’t know much about them, just found them through a google search.

Just wondering if anyone has experience of using these companies and whether they felt it was worthwhile, decent quality meals etc.

2. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Works out at £5 per meal if my maths is right?

Seems overpriced to me. Could buy a rotisserie chicken and 2 packs of uncle bens from supermarket for £6, split it in half and get way more for your money nutrition wise and still not have to cook for half the price

Meal prep companies are robbing cunts

3. Mark1234

Mark1234 Full Member

I have looked at a few companies, most of the ones in Scotland are based in Glasgow so don’t deliver to me (Edinburgh). But price wise they all seem to be about the same level which is £5 per meal.

Currently I do make the majority of my meals and it probably works out at £3 a meal. But I suppose you are paying for the convenience of not having to cut up all your chicken breast cook it etc. The time saving part is appealing.

Also I find at least once a week if not twice I end up not prepping my lunch for next day so having to eat junk for lunch the next day instead. Having it done for me would eliminate this issue.

Was just wondering if anyone had experience or feedback on these companies.

4. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

Wouldneveruse/10

Far too pricey. Can rustle up 5 meals in under an hour in the kitchen. That place would cost me like 35 quid a day at a fiver a meal.

Mark1234 likes this.
  5. Getbig25

Getbig25 Top Contributor

Get a bird who cooks your meals. Simples

milner575 and Mark1234 like this.
  6. Mark1234

Mark1234 Full Member

Post the meals to me. Will send you £25 a week:rofl:

milner575 and Fatbrah like this.
  7. Smeagol

Smeagol Full Member

Expensive luxury when carb and veg is cheap af. Literally paying a premium for someone to cook your chicken for 25 mins.
    Better off investing in some good tubs and prepping it in bulk yourself.

Mark1234 likes this.
  8. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

For five meals sure.
    Probs costs less than £2 a meal to make 200g chicken, 100g basmati, some pineapple and soy sauce.

9. BigChap92

BigChap92 Top Contributor

You’re basically paying a 5er for a pounds worth of ingredients.

If you’re feeling flush and aren’t arsed then crack on but I’d rather buy slow cooker and do my own. Stick it in on low, go out for the day, come home and dish it up. You can easy do 4-5 days of lunches at a time

Mark1234 and Sjundea like this.
  10. Raisin

Raisin Full Member

Pay your ma to cook your meals for you.

Fatbrah likes this.
  11. Mark1234

Mark1234 Full Member

Yeah I think the slow cooker idea could be a good shout TBF. I just get bored of the endless cooking/cleaning every other night, so thought it might be a useful time saver.

BigChap92 likes this.
  12. Mr mac

Mr mac TM Health & Safety officer Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    TM ballers out in force in this thread.

13. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

I use them sumtimes but get sick of them, just ded east rnt they, and i cba cooking think ave only cooked aba 3 times since i moved out last summer :rofl:

14. Mr mac

Mr mac TM Health & Safety officer Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I saw a company in Leeds. You select your macros from a drop down box and it was about £4.30 a meal if you bought 10 or more. I thought that was pretty good value to be honest.

15. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

Fuck this Im a chef and it takes so so little to make cheap decent box meals cmon man,get on with it and spend the spare dollar on some training shoes or summit