Most Cost Effective Whey Protein Powder In Uk?

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by EaterOfCabbage, Oct 2, 2019.

1. EaterOfCabbage

EaterOfCabbage

So I'm on a bit of a budget and I'd like to have some recommendations on what would be the cheapest whey protein powder purchasable in the UK? I looking for the cheapest whilst not terrible quality protein. Things like flavour, taste etc. doesn't matter to me.

I was using Precision Engineered from Holland & Barrett which had buy one get one free for ages but they've changed it to buy one get one half price which is nowhere near as good anymore.

Any recommendations?

2. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Full Member

Surprised no-one ever replied to this. The answer is bodybuilding warehouse, gonutrition, myprotein and bulkpowders, probably in that order. Get their cheapest whey concentrate from whichever one is having a 45% or more off sale. I usually aim to get close to £5 a kilo.

3. BustaNutt

BustaNutt Mr NATTYvator Full Member

I find these online stores a bit of a pain in the arse personally. I haven’t found one that offers click & collect delivery so they always end up trying to deliver while I’m at work. That means I get a text in the day saying “Delivery has been successful!” and then I come home to find the box has been chucked over the side gate and rained on all afternoon so it’s soggy mess. First world problems I know but it still pisses me off lol.

4. SteveB

SteveB Full Member

Bulkpowders deliver via DPD who allow you select a local drop off point so you can collect it later.

5. BustaNutt

Haha I knew one of you would have an answer.

SteveB likes this.
  6. Porky

Porky Committee brofessor Top Contributor

Would irritate me too having to take my sealed plastic bag of whey out of a wet box that goes immediately in the bin anyway

7. BustaNutt

One helpful guy and one fucking smartarse! Thanks for restoring balance to the forums! :lol:

8. Redwing

Redwing Muscle Supermarket Rep & Money Saving Expert!

The answer.is always in the offers thread.

I only post decent protien, there's no shit in there, no spiked protiens.

All the usual places like Bulkpowders, BBW, MP all sell decent protiens thars constantly on offer.

actin and mal like this.
  9. BustaNutt

Fuck that. I wanna know where to get the spiked proteins!
    :bodybuilder:
    Seriously though, do companies still spike their powders with shit??

10. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Full Member

They're spiked with cheap amino acids to artificially raise the apparent protein content.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal

11. BustaNutt

12. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Full Member

Doesn't mean it's not from China just cause you order from a UK website. UK protein powder is spiked all the time anyway, not quite like the melamine scandal, that's an extreme example.

BustaNutt likes this.
  13. Simon

Simon Administrator

We had all this blow up a while back with Iron Science, who we can now mention as I notice the company is dissolved! As @Richard Dick says a simple nitrogen test to check protein content % can be manipulated. I believe there are other more reliable tests but they're very expensive.

14. actin

actin Balls of Stallion Full Member

Sod the protein powder if your on a budget. Just eat more food instead

BustaNutt likes this.
  15. BustaNutt

Wow. Good info. Just tried searching this but there’s not much info online. Iron Science is dissolved and there’s talk over on UK-M from back in 2012 saying their protein was chalky cheap crap.