Mr Spoons Waste Of Hard Work - Starting Again

Mr Spoons

Top Contributor
As the title says for those that remember me trained with con who was my online coach lost a load of weight from 13s9 down to 10s3.

Then started trying to beef up but the muscle didn't seem to wanna come on and ended up putting on a bit of chub rather than muscle.
When advised to diet back it basically broke me mentally and I packed it all in.

2.5 years later having done no exercise at all I'm back up to 13s9 !!!
What a waste of time !!!!!!!

So back to bloody square one.

Currently dieting again - I know how to do this well !!!

This time though I am gonna train from home so am building a gym in my garage.
Current Equipment - Heavy Duty Bench / Wall mounted pull up bar / Dipping Station

So my gym has no weights yet lol, I'm hoping to get a power rack in but depends on space in the garage.
Then I feel once I get some weights etc I will have everything I need to train with at home.

GOALS

At the moment I want to lose a stone and go from there really just want a flatish stomach.
Gonna go for power this time so will probably start with 5x5 or something like that.

TRAINING

At the moment none of my equipment Is set up so I'm jogging for 30-40 mins every day and doing a press up programme. This involves ....
3x normal press ups
10 second rest
3x diamond press ups
10 second rest
3x wide grip hands facing out press ups
10 seconds rest
Repeat for as long as poss.

Sounds easy but starts to kill currently up to 3 mins which is poor but I'm very unfit and out of shape at the mo.

DIET

Just ordered some wpc precision from maxiraw
Diet is as before little to no carbs.
Living off eggs and mattesons turkey rashers at the mo.

CONCLUSION

So long road again but goals have changed to be a bit more realistic. I learned a lot from con and learnt a lot from my own body which is that my body hates putting any muscle on.
So this time rather than getting crazy lean like before (I made Mo Farah look like a beast) I'm just gonna lose some chub and try and make progress on the big lifts and hopefully put a bit of size on.
Just wanna be a size so that I look like I train (so bigger than average public) I'm hoping this goal is a lot more realistic and achievable.

Looking forward to hearing from some old friends on here Con, Straughany, JB, Jay Kidda, Powerhouse Mcguru, Little Ron etc etc.

Mr Spoons

Ps Great to be back...

hello there mate welcome back hope your training gets you where you want to be again:thumb:

I'm currently in a dilemma with my garage gym.
I've worked out I could fit a power rack in the garage.
However squat stands are a lot lot cheaper !!!!

Any thoughts as it's gonna cost a fair whack just to get the Olympic bar and Olympic weights.

I don't really need the rack for deads so it would just be for squats and bench press.
Really dunno what to do as I need to keep the costs down !!

Have a look for Gymano stuff on ebay.
Got their power rack and it's very good home kit.
Not expensive compared to a lot of other models.

Good to have you back brother, we'll plod along together mate :-)

congratulations on the bairn.

Good to see you back Mr Spoons wouldn't take the hard work away from you mate you did get in good shape when you finished dieting, obvs the headfuck of being skinny was to much for you :lol:

Didn't think you had it in you to have a sprog haha (them frozen packages most of worked then) lmao

Busy mate. Got a new job and lots going on. Still lurk from time to time but as Spoony messaged me I got a mail to prompt me to look in. :)

I saw on FB you've started running again? Loser!
:lol: yeah but not for the reason of getting skinny again mate haha and its only ganna be twice a week, just for general fitness mate, ive recently realised thhat although i go to gym 3 times a week i am still really unfit so need to get that back up.

:lol: yeah but not for the reason of getting skinny again mate haha and its only ganna be twice a week, just for general fitness mate, ive recently realised thhat although i go to gym 3 times a week i am still really unfit so need to get that back up.

Why? you can't see fitness in a vest. :D

I'm currently in a dilemma with my garage gym.
I've worked out I could fit a power rack in the garage.
However squat stands are a lot lot cheaper !!!!

Any thoughts as it's gonna cost a fair whack just to get the Olympic bar and Olympic weights.

I don't really need the rack for deads so it would just be for squats and bench press.
Really dunno what to do as I need to keep the costs down !!

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/deluxe-strength-package.php

Pay monthly mate, get 100kg olympic kit with it aswell.

Back