Muscle Mass Program

Discussion in 'Training Information' started by reddustjay, Jun 14, 2019.

1. reddustjay

reddustjay Full Member

Hi everyone new to the forum here so will start with a hi :)
    So I used to train years ago but stopped and been out for 8 years and iv recently turned my life around back to eating healthy no weed no coke I'm clean as a whistle back to the gym with high protein diets and all that shiz.
    Kinda need help refreshing my memory and really could do with a workout plan for gaining muscle. Could someone point me in the rite direction please?
    I'm 5ft 11 weighing 72kg. Was weighing just under 70kg 2 weeks ago. Atm I'm using a weight gain blend and casein supplement before bed with creatine once a day.
    Could really do with a hand to get me going again I'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BustaNutt likes this.

2. noel

noel Top Contributor

diet is key

what are your current calories and macros/meals etc

what are you doing currently in the gym, how many days, any cardio, what suits your home/work life

any pics, front and back to get an idea of body compositon and body fat

reddustjay likes this.
  3. reddustjay

reddustjay Full Member

Hi bro thanks for taking the time to reply.
    OK so my diet I haven't been weighing anything to the gram just quite yet but I'm pigging as much as I can plenty of chicken oat porridge 2x a day lots of natural pnut butter from myprotein I'm dipping these oat biscuits into my pnut butter brown rice with chicken steaks. Plenty of potato's pasta tuna. I'm still working on my meals and snacks. I tryed cooking up a salmon meal the other day with chips cut from potatoes boiled then put in the oven. Salmon I couldn't stomach was rank lol. Also eating plenty of nuts through the day.
    Here are some pics I had no belly 3 weeks ago but I do now :)
    Any advice on my meals and snacks I'd also appreciate bro cheers IMG_20190614_110634.jpg IMG_20190614_125514.jpg IMG_20190614_123703.jpg IMG_20190614_124351.jpg IMG_20190612_162841.jpg

4. rasp

rasp Full Member

My advice ...stay away from "Personal Trainers" Bro.

reddustjay likes this.
  5. reddustjay

reddustjay Full Member

Using the gainer blend at the mo and casein before bed with creatine tabs once a day IMG-20190608-WA0001.jpg IMG_20190612_140329.jpg

6. reddustjay

reddustjay Full Member

Ye I'd never pay for that mate deffo not. Rather learn my own path just need a good tryed and tested program to get me going for a few weeks tbh :)

rasp likes this.
  7. rasp

rasp Full Member

you´ll get good advices here but stay away from PMs with yeah bro for X amount i´ll online train you.

8. LeeDaLifter

LeeDaLifter Pre-workout Representative Full Member

What workout u do at gym? N how many sets?

I keep hearing the term 'Progressive Overload' to gain size n strength... N each day is a different muscle group to work on.. "Bro split" n ect.

What where u like 8 year ago?

9. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

My advise would be you need to go on a diet.

You're carrying a fairly hefty bf % and I'd look to drop that asap.

I'd also weigh my food to know exactly what I'm consuming.

10. rasp

rasp Full Member

Looking at his pictures he should just do a full body workout very simple. Remember simple does not mean easy. Just concentrate on a few big lifts.

G-G and reddustjay like this.
  11. reddustjay

reddustjay Full Member

Pm? You mean like inboxing people? Soz for the silly question
    I ain't really been training that much mate only been going a few weeks now but going 3 or 4times a week I'd like to train muscle groups ie Tri chest abb day then bi back lower back day and a leg day but this is were I could do with some help like what to train first in these groups or maybe best doing bi with Tri instead. This is were I'm kinda stuck but 8 years ago I use to train Tri with chest back with bi and leg day. But I did my should in from over working it and that's what I'm worried of doing again. I had to have a break to rest it and never went back :/
    I was only doing it for a year but I was really starting to make progress and started seeing some good results but seem to have lost most of it after stopping and smoking alot an that :/
    Hi bud so bf I'm guessing is body fat?
    Really I thought I needed to gain weight not loose it :/ are you going by that pic I sent of the scanning machine I used or by the pics of me? Guess this is another thing I need to overlook and work on as I thought I'd need to gain more fat to bulk up abit lol. Cheers

12. LeeDaLifter

LeeDaLifter Pre-workout Representative Full Member

Haha Yer its abit of a paradox, u need to lose the BodyFat... Losing BF will show ur on a good diet n then with the diet nailed muscle will grow n recover better.

I thought it didn't matter but it does..... Uv got the muscle under ur fat, without the fat the muscle will show regardless of training

Clean eating, loads of sleep and hard workingout n ull be sorted.

...... I'll say this tho.... 'Over working muscle' Yer it can be catabolic and u will get into a bit of rut/stall in growth, if u do just mix ur routine up or something.

reddustjay likes this.
  13. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

My 2 cents

Research “push pull legs”
    Spend the next two years getting strong.

Ditch the supplements and eat good food. (Meat, veg)

You’ll be reet

14. reddustjay

reddustjay Full Member

, OK bud cheers so what do you suggest? Should I reduce my carb and fat intake? And keep protein high?
    Does anyone not have a program to suggest me to follow for abit maybe I'm thinking into it to much and should just get in there and go with the flow lol

15. reddustjay

reddustjay Full Member

Cheers bro il go over the push pul legs after work kinda what iv been looking for