Muscle Shrinkage As You Get Older.

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by Cyborg, Aug 17, 2015.

1. The Cheese

The Cheese Top Contributor

250mg is not TRT level. That's a cruising dose.

TRT is as half of that. 125mg will give you the same levels as a teenage lad.

2. Adverse

Adverse Full Member

Which is why I changed the last part of my post to a 'good level' from 'normal level'. As you know TRT stand for Testosterone Replacement Therapy, regardless of the amount used he is replacing low testosterone levels using only testosterone. I was agreeing that there's no need for other AAS in this circumstance is all.

3. musclemate

musclemate I can. I will. Just watch me. Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I'm 46 and all I can say it my body is slowly and surely getting better. Ok... It takes a little longer to recover, and I have to train smarter and intense.

I did feel like shit about 2.5 years ago and I was diagnosed with low test. Low motivation, forgetful, and a soft fat body. Now prescribed Nebido and feel great. Plus I take a low dose of GH. Older gentlemen really benefit from it. And I also cycle aas too.

Cyborg and PaulAnderson like this.
  4. Con

Con Moderator

Depends on your response/body fat levels and so on.
    I have a client and his doc has him on 300mg per week.
    This keeps his levels around 1100mg so a little OTT but still 125mg would have him around 400mg i bet.

TinyTim and Maccer like this.
  5. Cyborg

Cyborg Top Contributor

Interesting.

So has doc prescribed you with Nebido for life then?

Might be worth me going to doc and ask for a full mot, see if I'm low on anything.

Certainly not happy with my natty test. lol

6. musclemate

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Yes mate. For as long as I want/need it. My doc didn't want to even test me so I went the private route and got a diagnosis and prescribed the treatment. Then went back to my GP and moved from private to NHS.

Cyborg likes this.
  7. CS86

CS86 Top Contributor

Lol so GH and AAS cycles on top of doc prescribed TRT has your physique slowly but surely getting better...who knew? :D

8. musclemate

Training Log:
    Click Here

You gotta love a bit of sarcasm :lol:

CS86 likes this.
  9. dee9699

dee9699 Top Contributor

How easy is the move from private to nhs? How costly is the private treatment?

10. musclemate

Training Log:
    Click Here
    It differs from Dr to Dr. If I remember rightly... I paid a consultancy fee each visit, then about £140 per jab. I had two jabs, then went to my GP with all of the blood tests and a referral letter from the private doctor. Was a peace of piss mate.

TinyTim, Cyborg and dee9699 like this.
  11. esinar

esinar Full Member

Just turned 60 on Saturday. A day not in hospital is a good day.

I am at the beginning of the curve bodybuilding wise, and I know I pay for it. Wifey notices that I am tired retiring earlier to bed. Last week was a killer...ramped up the weights, not that I couldn't handle 'em...should be interesting to see what's in store for me today.
    One of these days I'll put up a journal. Am sure y'all'll get a kick out of it, since I am no where close to most of you, considering that most of you are in your 20-40's. At my age, going nat is not intriguing to me...unless science makes breakthroughs in nanotech, and I'm all in for this, and to replace a host of missing innards. Trying to get a hold of gear in the States is something I have yet to discover...and would want to learn to use judiciously. While I am making nice gains, like I said, time is not on my side any longer. Better living through chemistry I always say when they're hitching up the IV to me.

Life has it's challenges.

TinyTim, round 2, Con and 1 other person like this.
  12. Jamie555

Jamie555 Moderator Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Collagen as with the other structural proteins are always being turned over but the protein making capacity does decline with ageing.

That is part of the story as the stiffness of collagen gets affected by other processes, such as that with glucose. The body also has different types of collagen that it can whip up when it's needed in a hurry, and these less elastic versions tend to be made more as we age.

J

Prodiver, TinyTim and Cyborg like this.
  13. doink

doink PhD in Bro Science Top Contributor

Too many handstands not enough testosterone bruh.

Just do ten weeks on a ml of test..... stop beating around the bush. You know you want to.

14. CS86

CS86 Top Contributor

Interested in this whole old-school, short-cycle malarkey going back to the Short Cycles thread a few weeks back.

Why do you think this method is silly, @Con?

Is the test dose not high enough to warrant coming off after 8 weeks?

15. TinyTim

TinyTim Timothy Sprague-Dawley Top Contributor

This.
    There isn't a set x in means y value in the blood.
    It is person-specific.
    Some metabolise t very quickly.

Greyphantom and Hivoltage like this.