My Progress Looking For Some Advice

Hi guys n gals - UK based here I feel the best way to improve and learn is from others advice.

I have cystic fibrosis, diabetes and liver disease. Currently at 71kg bodyweight age 36 I've been training on and off for 5 years took up coaching with a PT a while back made some good progress learned a lot but unfortunately he's changed careers to join the forces so I'm back to training solo. I feel I've learned enough to keep going alone but its hard to know sometimes what you need to do I'm not afraid to ask for advice hoping some of the more experience folk on here can critique me.

I started at 76kg went down to 67kg at my lightest and now slowly climbing back up as I was around 20% BF with a belly and little muscle. I am mainly looking for advice on my current physique and what to do. Want to lean out in the stomach area (don't we all) and continue to build width I like the wider shoulders, chest and back look... old school. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed by abs overall. I typically train typically 5 days a week legs, chest, back, shoulders, rest full body and then rest. I typically don't do arm days or abs just tie those onto other workouts. Not sure how accurate the scales are in the gym they have me around 14% bodyfat but I know I carry more in my mid section and lower back than top.

For working sets of 10...
Deadlift 140kg/150kg
Squad 120/130kg
Bench 85kg ish
Military Press 65kg achieved today

My intakes currently around 2500 cals a day 130g of that protein, 50g fat and typically around 280-300g of carbs.

Anyway look forward to replies :-)

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 244
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 240
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 234
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 243
I take it the medical conditions don't affect training too much?

If you want to lean out a bit more and lose the flab on your belly I would just be consistent with the diet, make sure you are hitting cal amounts day in and day out using decent food sources.
From here I would just carry on training, as you mentioned compound lifts why not try to build on these more just with lower reps and higher weights, some sort of strength based routine or program etc.
Then increase your NEAT and add in 3-4 35-45min walks a week, away from training.

Well done on your progress
Your legs look decent
To tweak things, maybe add 50g of protein and drop 50g of carbs so your overall calories are still the same with the benefit of the extra protein
To bring up your back and shoulders, remove the leg training from your full body and really focus on an upper body routine
This could be where you add in the strength based compound lifts
Eg bench, row/deadlift, military press
As Ben mentions
Add in some low intensity cardio
You admit to training on and off
So consistency is the key here

Thanks for the advice I do struggle with the protein side of diet not sure why maybe need to start going Arnold with the eggs. I tend to have whey in with my breakfast porridge. Eat yogurt and nuts mid morning... my lunch is the classic rice, meat and veg combo and meat dinner time the missus tends to cook but I insist on meat and veg as often as possible :-)

I am aware I'm a pretty hairy dude :D that shits going to go soon I've toyed with the idea for years as soon as I start to grey.

Get the protein in every meal.

Have extra meals in between usual breakfast/lunch/dinner

Eat slow releasing protein pre bed eg casien shake/red meat/0% fat greek yog or Skyr etc.

Back