New Plans

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Mr first time, Mar 18, 2021.

1. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

I've always tried to stay as fit as possible, not always easy when heavier but I still maintain some low intensity cv
    I'm at the stage now where I'm done being heavy, I wanna be a hybrid type athlete,so on top of my weight training im doing HIIT on a watt bike, do at least one 5km run a week and do some metabolic barbell workouts

Big Balls, Mr first time and TITO like this.
  2. Reacher

Reacher Moderator

completely disagree re walking and cycling.
    health and low impact muscle sparing walking
    cycling unless hill climbing for all your ride ( your not lol ) would have to cycle much longer to get same calorie expenditure over walking
    but each to their own.

Big Balls likes this.
  3. Reacher

Reacher Moderator

according to my strava ive walked 140 mile since beginning of march, which is an average of 7.5 miles a day. Thats just my planned walk, not regular daily 'steps' that everyone is obsessed with.
    Never felt better tbh.

4. Big Balls

Big Balls Top Contributor

nothing wrong with walking but i find i get better fat burning & heart training with cycling. walking is ok but as i wrote i need a bit more intensive training to sweat. Depends of course on other factors such as bodyweight..etc. with walking. plus i just find walking boring as fuck.

pooley1810 and Reacher like this.
  5. Mr first time

Mr first time Full Member

Could be the walking doing the head good too while on tren or I have fake gear lol no sides just yet