No Whey No Difference!

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by SquirtyFlower, May 29, 2022.

1. SquirtyFlower

SquirtyFlower Full Member

So I have been an avid buyer of whey protein for many many years now, stopped buying around 3-4 months ago due to the sheer rocketing price of it
    Low and behold I have not noticed any difference in my physique or recovery but certainly in my wallet

2. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

It’s just a source of protein like any other

If your diet is high enough in protein without it then you shouldn’t expect to notice any difference

SquirtyFlower likes this.
  3. NoPain

NoPain Full Member

Good good, like ghostof2can says it's just protein

4. Richard Dick

Richard Dick Top Contributor

If you're eating enough protein from other sources then eating whey on top of that won't make any difference, although whey itself is still cheaper per gram of protein than chicken or beef.

I think most of the recommendations for protein are much higher than necessary tbh. Even the old 1 gram per lbs of bodyweight is more than most people actually need imo

Last edited: May 30, 2022
    NoPain and Greedy Ben like this.
  5. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

This, so long as you weigh a decent amount already, plus added protein uptake from peds etc.

6. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Tbh anytime I make more effort to get an abundance of protein in my diet, as in 400g or more a day I get stronger and look better

If I stick to around a gram per lb of bodyweight or sometimes even a bit less I don’t make the same progress

7. SquirtyFlower

Yeah that’s true guys, always hit my daily protein intake without shakes but they was always just super convenient and gave me a little extra in my total but honestly the way prices are now it’s a no brainer, plus the bulk suppliers all taste like crap chemicals. Have to buy premium brands for a good taste and I’d rather not now

8. Golden

Golden Full Member

I stopped using protein powder a few years back and just added extra whole food to compensate for those calories and for me personally I feel so much better with my digestive system and satiety

I do understand that some don’t have time /appetite to eat whole food so it is convenient to drink calories

NoPain likes this.
  9. SquirtyFlower

I think we’ve all over estimated just how much protein we actually need you know
    I was consuming far too much
    Now it’s literally just my 3 main meals and morning eggs, zero difference since I’ve cut the powder out
    If for some magical reason it was to go cheap again I would consider it maybe for when I’m in work or on the road but never again at these prices

10. NoPain

NoPain Full Member

Unless you are going super hardcore some people with a good appitite will not need it, I can't live without it as I intermittent fast and no way do I have the appitite to eat enough protein without a shake

11. SquirtyFlower

how long have you been doing this for mate? Always interested me this has but never tried myself

12. NoPain

NoPain Full Member

I have been for a while maybe 6 months lost a lot of fat and kept a lot of muscle but I find it hard to hit my macros, I eat in a 8 hour window from 2pm till 10pm but you do t get as hungry and I can eat one big meal and maybe a second big one but if I want to hit my macros I need a shake or two

13. TONY FERGUSON

TONY FERGUSON Winging my way to heaven as we speak, son. Top Contributor

Whey is a big pile of overpriced horseshit. Bodybuilders bought into all the bullshit in the 90s about how it was so superior and how they needed 2g per lb of bodyweight of it per day and it's stuck since then.

There is absolutely nothing special about whey and in fact it's less bioavailable than the bullshit "studies" claim.

They used to literally throw the shit away or feed it to animals. Then snake oil supplement companies figured out how to put a spin on it.

If you want a protein powder that makes a difference to the way you feel and look then try MuscleMeds Carnivor.

14. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

That last paragraph is a joke, isn’t it?

Richard Dick likes this.
  15. NoPain

NoPain Full Member

Indeed carnivor is the best as it's made with beef and everyone knows that beef amino acids are better than the amino acids in the whey

TONY FERGUSON likes this.