Old Dog New Tricks

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Gaz350z, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Gaz350z

Gaz350z

Hi.

Well, 2020 sure hasn't gone quite to plan.

Started off the year on a low. 1st of January I was sick as a parrot. I was vomiting green and black liquid and could keep nothing down yet had a raging thirst. Extreme constipation caused it. I was that backlogged that everything I ate or drank just sat there right against my diaphragm.

Turns out I had extremely low potassium. Causes digestive system to shut down. I have had hypokalemia a few times before. Which had always resulted in complete paralysis. The first time it happened in 2017 was very scary.

Potassium is an electrolyte that your body needs to allow muscle or nerves that control your muscles to fire and communicate. Obviously your heart is a muscle so, if untreated it would be fatal.

So there I was, in intensive care having never so much as spent a few hours in a hospital, now having a main line IV of potassium put in the artery in my neck and sewn in to keep it secure, as well as an IV in my arm, too.

The worst part is not being able to adjust your position. It gets incredibly sore. The second worst thing is the catheter down your pee tube. That hurts in a way that's sadistic. Catheters were definitely invented by divorced women..
    3rd place is the fact that nurses simply dont believe that you can't move AT ALL and they get real grumpy real quick. They took my buzzer away from me so sometimes I'd go 4 or 5 hours not seeing a nurse as I was in my own room. I'd see one at shift change when the nurses did a handover.

Anyway, 16th January, I got out and I must say I felt so good. I felt this clarity of thought and determination. I laid everything out in my mind what 2020 was to be for me and I was going to make it my b1tch. Back to university, get all my debts boxed off so I owed nothing to anybody, work part time in the evenings, and....

Nail the bloody gym. Shred all my bodyfat to the very lowest sustainable figures I could. 10% in mind. Then, start from there slowly gaining size. No crazy bulks.

Just get in an additional 500 calories per day. Maybe even only 300. Just slowly gain solid muscle with minimum fat. I would have been taking PEDs. I've done many cycles before. I feel it would have set me up nicely for July. Allowing me 6 months to get into cracking shape and then go out, by a load of nice clothes and go on the 21 day road trip I had began researching and narrowed down to an under 40s singles road trip right across America.

2020 should have been absolutely amazing. Just turned 37, financially totally stable and bank account swelling nicely, bit by bit. Had my own place since 2011 and my mortgage is next to nothing. Council tax paid off for the year. No other Bill's whatsoever.

But, 2020 had other plans.

Hospital. Kidneys getting worse and worse, down to 60% efficiency. Separated from girlfriend after 8 years. Turns around and says "can't we just be friend?", BoJo takes my job, so I get behind with mortgage, bojo takes my gym, so now I have nothing to do. My life has gone from full speed ahead, complete overhaul and positive change, to going completely in reverse. I go from £750 per week to £370 per month. I had depleted my savings paying off ALL my debts so I could execute all my plans with total conviction.

So, no savings. SKY TV/broadband gets cancelled, mobile phone bill goes unpaid and blocked. How can things turn so bad, so fast.

I wish I could sue the government for completely dismantling my life in the space of 3 months. They claimed lockdown would see deaths top out at 20,000 but as we know they have been in excess of 55,000.

I feel like my life has been sacrificed for people who are at the end of theirs because those are the vast majority of the deaths. The elderly. I know that sounds harsh and I know it's not as simple as that but I feel the while thing was a total farce.

Deep breath....

Anyway. I survived it. I'm back at work. And soon I will have clawed my way back into the black. This time I'm going to make a contingency plan for the coming (and in my opinion, planned) 2nd wave aimed at finishing off a few more end of lifers and redistribution of the minimal collective wealth of the poorest in society that then lose their house and become dependent on the state and thus, controlled.

Not to mention the push for a cashless society. The ultimate control. Your wealth can be taken away in a single keystroke or, say, temporarily frozen. They can see what you buy, when you buy, where you buy.

Anyway.

This is where I am at.

37. 6'2" 92kg, 32" waist, a little belly fat and love handles, minimal moobs. I've always naturally maintained a more muscular than average person frame. Since I began lifting weights when I was 23, it seems to have reset my basic frame. Meaning I never drop below or lose my general shape, I just get smaller.

When I begin lifting again the gains always come thick and fast which is always nice so, I'm looking forward to that. But this time I'm going to prioritize fat loss.

My maintenance is 2800 calories if I work out every day so, I'll be aiming for 2300 calories per day. Probably 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat. That always works well for me and it's sustainable.

80g fat
    172g carbs
    230g protein

If my figures are correct!

Will be on a 5 day split. Now known as the "Bro split".

I will be training legs twice a week as they are a weak point for me that I I really need to address. Maybe I'll get some yoga pants and set up a Twitter account with endless ass pics and claim that I'm just squat testing different brands and in NO WAY seeking an ego boost lol. Or does that only work for fitness THOTs?!

I will be running a good old fashioned sus and deca when I start back. Deca really helps my joints and my wellbeing on these two is really good. Perhaps dbol for the usual 6 to 8 weeks at first.

Obviously water retention will be there but, it isn't a problem seeing as this summer and indeed the year is wasted. Towards spring next year the cycle I'll be doing will be minimal test prop and an amount of tren ace and mast prop. Then off on my hols. Touch wood.

I think that's about it.

Wish me luck and, I hope you and I are all rocking it in 2021.

Thanks guys.

Gaz.

2. huntingground

huntingground King Kenny Competitor

Good luck mate.

3. ChrissyJ

ChrissyJ Top Contributor

How did you end up with low potassium? Was it diet related? Mines was sky high to the point I was getting litres of blood taken out over a long period

I rarely eat potatoes and never bananas or tomatoes or any other potassium rich food

4. Gaz350z

Gaz350z

They can't figure it out, worryingly.

I'll be fine for ages then suddenly out of the blue, I cramp up over the course of a few hours and within a day, I'm totally paralyzed.

Potassium is dangerous because too low or as in your case, too high, and your heart is in trouble.

So you have hyperkalemia and I have hypokalemia.

What are your symptoms?

5. Gaz350z

Gaz350z

Thanks mate!!

6. ChrissyJ

ChrissyJ Top Contributor

Worryingly I had none, it was picked up on a blood test for my DVTs. All in order now but I reckon dehydration played a massive part as I was drinking ridiculous amounts of wine

JB likes this.
  7. JB

JB Top Contributor

Hydration is key my Friend one thing I’m trying to stay ahead of but the amount of cycling I’m doing I’m struggling.

ChrissyJ likes this.
  8. ChrissyJ

ChrissyJ Top Contributor

Yeah agreed, do you use electrolytes J?

9. JB

JB Top Contributor

Nah I don’t mate not ventured that far yet lads at work who do ultra marathons have spoke to me about it but don’t think I’ve a need to just yet unless I start doing some mad miles.

ChrissyJ likes this.