Online Coaching

Discussion in 'Training Information' started by Odin, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Porky

Porky Committee brofessor Top Contributor

Same old routine, same old diet, same old cycle. Get a new coach (jp for instance) changes routine and diet, whacks you on over 2g a week and you suddenly take shape. Then he gets praised for being a miracle worker. No you cunt, you were doing the same old shit over and over waiting for something to happen that was never going to

Raisin, Guest1337 and Guest like this.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Or just posts the genetic freaks who can lift a can of beans n ave 20inch ripped pythons

3. Account Suspended

Account Suspended Competitor

FFS :lol::lol: hahaha

4. tomlet1

tomlet1 Mr Glass Top Contributor

DB shoulder press
    Wide Lat pulldown
    Dips
    Lateral

Front squat
    Leg ext
    Lunges
    Calves

Off

BB bench
    BB row
    Inc flyes
    DB row

Off

Deads
    Leg press
    Ham curl
    Bicep curl

Off

Repeat

Omlette approved

Reacher, Guest and Sjundea like this.
  5. tomlet1

tomlet1 Mr Glass Top Contributor

Just manage volume and intensity appropriately on the above so as to not be wrecked on any overlapping muscle groups but the ones that are picked on the days they are this should be easily avoidable

Guest likes this.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

I am actually thinkin of suttin like this for a change.. looks good that
    Managing the volume would be the factor as i do like to go the gym more often than not.. usually 5 days i find is ideal

tomlet1 likes this.
  7. s man

s man Moderator

It doesn't sound ground breaking but there's so much horse shit out there and a generation growing up on insta and youtube that training hard and simple is actually impossible for them to grasp.
    Just look at recent post from the Arnie lover or the boy with no muscles talking about his cycle. Then multiply that by a few hundred thousand and that's the current confused generation. You've just got to look down when you train now with your music blasting or you get distracted by all you see and start laughing. Same people day in day out doing the same crap and never changing in most commercial gyms.

pooley1810 likes this.
  8. Reacher

Reacher Moderator

@AaronHudson
    Any idea what sort of percentage of gen pop have the sort of genetic profile you've got there mate ?
    tbf you couldn't have a better one for bbing purposes I wouldn't imagine.

think you've come in for a bit of stick here but it's pretty hard for the majority of us that can't or don't make the progress like the more gifted guys do.
    I've got mate who I reckon would be gifted in bbing terms but doesn't lift, fucked about as a kid and just looked a few weeks out from a show eating kebabs and mars bars.That kind of genetic abnormal cunt lol.
    not for one min suggesting I couldn't eat rest train sleep better but have without doubt found more gear equals more results.... for me.
    so yano...

enjoy the beef podcasts man
    and would be good to see you posting more.

never made my best gainz doin 12 sets and 200mg of primo but still....

9. Account Suspended

I'm not sure how many have a similar genetic profile tbf mate. Muhdo told me the MSTN gene has only been found in almost 40 athletes of the 4000 they'd tested. Eddie Hall and Shaun Taveernier are the only other two I know to. My fast twitch (ie strength fibres) are in the top 11%, gifted for hypertrophy and protein synthesis helps too. They also told me low volume (i.e 4-6 reps, short rest periods and short sessions) works best for me, which isn't too dissimilar to my 12 sets way of training... If anything I'm over training.Theytold me LISS is absolutely pointless... HIIT is the best type of cardio for me. I've also got the "warrior" gene too... So can argue I'm a Viking and likely to take risks :lol::thumb:

I've always said that not everyone is built for bodybuilding. People will accept they can't sing, accept they aren't 7ft so probably won't do great as a basket ball player but elite leve bodybuilding or strongman is just a case of "upping the tren"? :think: everyone can be better than they were and of course gear will help, but taking 5ml a day and "shit loads of GH and insulin" won't turn anyone into Phil Heath.

Everyone thinks I'm lying. Ive never once said I'd not done high doses for periods of time when I first started competing. I genuinely don't remember the 2-3ml every day for 7-8 months, it was interesting reading that back. I'm going to try and find photos out from around that time to see what sort of changes I made from before and after that period, might do it again if it was drastic :lol: but the 5ml every day pre contest I remember because it was miserable as fuck doing it when feeling on deaths door haha

Did that 7-8months make me look how I do now? Fuck no, it was 6 years ago! :facepalm::rofl:and as I said that was at a time where I'd done my first season competitively and I was switching to the ukbff as a super heavy, so I didn't want to go in having not had a good 12 months to grow. I was 24/25 years old back then! Completely different mentality! And I was on ugm listening to some people preaching crazy amounts because they didn't know any better.

If you can stay healthy, get regular blood work with everything health wise in range, have minimal sides - use as much as needed! I just know for me now I dont need to blast the shit out of anything, I dont feel I have in the last 5 years (that I can remember to... Sure someone will call me out on this :facepalm:). Not saying I wouldn't, but I think the bigger picture of training, nutritional consistency and rest is more of a priority than gear.

Aaannnnwayyy...

Beef Podcast - cheers mate :) it's a good laugh to do. I trained legs with Dean today and Zee came into the gym. Dean is fuckin insane with training... If anyone thinks they train hard, go get a session in with Dean... He's nuts! Zee is about 12 weeks out from his first show so crying into his chicken and rice six times a day :facepalm::rolleyes: trying to get more regular episodes done, we've got some really good guests lined up, but it's trying to fit in and around Zee not being on deaths door :whistling:

Is there anyone you'd reckon to get on?

I'd post on here more, some of the lads on here I know (Tomlet, Hilly etc) but shit like this is off-putting and make me think why bother? Feel like I've had to justify my existence to the internet yet again, and no matter what there'll always be someone reading this thinking "lying prick", so it's a lose-lose situation no matter what :lol:

10. austinn

austinn Full Member

LOL, that's great mate!

11. Reacher

Reacher Moderator

thanks for the reply.
    kinda tempted to have the gene testing, just for interest sake really..
    don't think anyone has to be a genetic fit for bodybuilding not to get anything from it.
    tbf looking better ( well.... ) for lifting is a nice side effect but if I didn't I'd still do it.
    I get a lot from the gym that I just can't get from other pass times.
    not that you're saying if you're not gifted fuck it off of course but there's far more of us normal than gifted lol.
    what does fuck me off is when you get for example.. Lee priest implying that if you take more gear than he did and don't look like him you don't put any effort in etc.. just like Mr average finds it hard to believe gifted guys don't have to do XYZ... a lot of gifted guys think they work harder etc when in reality they prob don't have to work as hard as some poor cunt with the genetics of a tomato.

guest wise...
    I thought Dave Crossland was brilliant and he is on most podcasts advices radio for example.
    he's another one who gets ripped to fuck on here lol

Simon fan was great.
    fighting with Dorian :)

as for getting getting shit on forums
    well some bite hard :)
    and some ask for it....

but it is just the internetz

Account Suspended and JB like this.
  12. Account Suspended

The DNA testing will probably confirm stuff for you more than anything mate. Daft shit like i knew Im stim tolerant and the test results confirmed.

Genetics wise - oh yeah anyone can get something positive from it! Anyone can put a bit of muscle on, drop a bit of fat and look and feel better for it!

It's like saying: well I'm never going to play for Man United, but if I enjoyed kicking a ball around (I don't. Fuck running around kicking a bag of air around a field :lol:) and I got fitter for it - then who cares? Same for bodybuilding. I never started this with the intention to do what I'm doing now, I went to the gym with two mates pissing around not having a clue what I was doing, but found I responded pretty quick and it snowballed from there.

Podcast: yeah Dave's cool, I've always gotten on well with him. I know he gets a bad rap from some who don't know him, but as a bloke and a mate who I've known for a few years now he's spot on imo/ime. That episode I wanted to try and avoid drug talk all together because it's boring as fuck, and he's a smart bloke outside of all that, but that never really gets shown because he's known as "the steroid guy"

13. huntingground

huntingground Kenstradamus Competitor

@AaronHudson now this is not a dig, just a generalised BB question (I know little about it).

You mention genetics and not getting into condition for comp. I know JP and yourself have struggled with this area. Do you think it is genetics or something else (prep not 100% right for you - whether that is 12 weeks running up, the glycogen loading, the diuretics, on the day etc).

What mistakes have you made and do you think you have found the answer now? Or are you still searching? When did you hit your best condition?

14. Account Suspended

Nah not taken as a dig at all - I can take criticism all day mate. Someone's opinion I fair game, respect it completely. I just don't like being called a liar or accused of something falsely, I didnt post on here to argue, just wanted to try to correct a few things that were said.

I don't know Jordan very well, I don't know exactly what he does diet wise. From what I understand his issue is stomach control? My assumption would be that's due to having to eat so much to force growth. Something I'm really not a fan of.

For me, I just haven't dieted enough, still have small amounts of bodyfat to come off. I got close last year to being in good condition, I was happy with how I looked, but at the IFBB pro qualifier level where you have the very best of the best, being slightly "off" isn't acceptable.

Theres a massive "calories in Vs calories out" thing ATM. I understand the logic but from experience it doesn't always apply. I think there's a massive underestimation as to what the actual macros do and how efficient certain people are at utilising them, it's not a case of overall caloric intake... Protein isn't equal to carbs, fats don't do the same job and fibre... But yet "science" will tell you the two are interchangable. I learnt this with Chris last year, because my protein intake can stay pretty much unlimited and my body improved, performance didn't suffer. I don't rely of carbs like other seem to in order to function, it just doesn't phase me or affect me. I think by the time we'd realised this it was too late.

I also think diuretics help fuck things up... Obviously they mean nothing when it comes to fat, but they do hurt the look and make you look worse if you mis-time them. I think half a dyazide a few hours before is enough. If you take more and take it earlier than than (even 24-36 hours) it causes the body to rebound.

This was two days before my last show:

Instagram Link

Day of show after dyazide:

Instagram Link

I think i was 270 in the first and 268 in the second.

huntingground likes this.
  15. huntingground

huntingground Kenstradamus Competitor

Thanks, look pretty awesome in both TBH.

Account Suspended likes this.