Overanalysing Article

LittleChris

Competitor
From Dante :thumb:

Im seeing a repetitive phenomenon with the people I train that I want to state here. Ive trained alot of people now in the last 2 years on the net and also in person previously. I keep noticing the same things-basically on how various trainees brain's work. When people contact me for training, the guys who have a big work ethic and believe in a system of training whether its mine or westside or 5x5 or whatever, and hammer it and hammer it hard come to me as big people already. These are the bodybuilders you see out there in the street. Big guys that you know lift, there is no doubt that they are bodybuilders. On the other hand I have gotten alot of guys who have been lifting 5-10 years and you would never know they lifted even once unless they made it a point to tell you about it (and many do--LOL). And Ill tell you what the overwhelming continual trait those guys have. THEY OVERTHINK THIS, OVERANALYZE, keep second guessing themselves, follow this routine this month and that routine the next, and Flex magazine the third month. It all depends on what they happen to read that week. HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW WHAT WORKS IF YOU SWITCH IT EVERY DAMN MONTH? Ive showed TPC some of these emails in the warehouse and he didnt realize the extent of what I was telling him about. Ive had a couple guys in the last 2 months who have been lifting for 5-10 years and by their pics it would be embarrassing to tell anyone that they actually lift. Both of these guys are sending me emails talking about iso-tension at the top of bicep curls, worrying up and down about the statics, should i flex the pinky finger inward to make more of a contraction on my alternate curl, should my forearm be perpendicular to the earths axis at the bottom of the shoulder press (you get the drift). I went off on one guy and felt bad about it after but he kept saying "well how I used to do it is..." and "well Ive always done it this way" My answer was "well why do you look like **** if your old way worked so well"? Noone will ever know who these trainees are because its my business only but I want them to read this to get it clear in their heads. If you double triple or quadruple your training weights in good safe form over the next year/s or so your basically (with diet) going to be double or triple your current muscular size. If your going to sit there and overanalyze this **** like its rocket science (which it isnt I dont care what anyone tries to make it out to be) and worry about things that really arent going to add up to pounds of muscle mass, then blame yourself when you never get there. Are you going to be a happy man at 50 years old when you look back and think "Wow I screwed up, I never looked like a bodybuilder, never achieved my goals, never got dramatically bigger, and its gone now.....IM too old to make up for that lost time" because thats where alot of you are heading if you dont get your heads on straight. I blame alot of the muscle magazines for this. Alot of articles are ghost written for pros or are solo articles by people who are 165lbs who never made a huge change in their physique themselves. They try to portray lifting weights as this huge science (and they splurge up their articles with 8 vowel words and searching thru the thesaurus to find a word that makes them look extremely intelligent)--I go back to the beggining of cycles for pennies on this---The absolute strongest you can make yourself in all exercises, coupled with food intake to eat your way up to the new musculature will allow you to hold the most muscle mass on your body that your genetics predetermine. You want to worry bout something? Worry about that damn logbook. Worry about staying uninjured in your quest. Worry about not missing any meals. Worry about somehow someway making yourself the strongest bodybuilder you can become. Im not talking singles here. Im talking 9-15 reps rest paused. A brute. A behemoth. A human forklift. I guess i had to use this post to vent because TPC saw me pissed off in the warehouse today after answering emails such as "Dante should I try to isolate the upper portion of the pec muscle and hold the peak contraction and flex hard at the top of every rep for about 5 seconds?" If you have been lifting many years with no muscle mass to show the last thing you need to worry about is peak contraction--GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS (and then Ill and you will be happy)

God where do we start with over analysing. This is why most never make gains! To much Reading and typing and talking about it!

Again it's a case of don't over complicate something that isn't complicated!

This is the kind of thing I needed when I started. Could have saved me 6 months faffing around.

Getting stronger is key for several years but this approach stops working and because a serious threat to your physique once you become too strong for your own body.

IMO once you have built a decent base of strength and for the average lifter this would be circa 140kg bench for 10, squat and deadlift 220kg for 10 its time to start using other methods to improve your physique BUT first the strength must be built. No fvcking about with fst7 if you can even bench up 2 plates FFS.

Same goes with size after several years of training you will have your physique in a raw form.
Sure you can attempt to force it to get much larger but sooner or later you play a game where its gains vs health.
Like i my case i have realized that i am destined to be a light heavy ripped to the bone.
Yes i have been 97kg on stage but i could have been leaner so lets say i could have been 94kg properly conditioned.
So now i could attempt to hit the top of the heavies which is 102kg/225lb but to do so i would need to push my health hard and get to about 260lb. But here is the kicker for each few kg i go over 100kg my bp goes up a notch, even now at 102kg i have some days like today when its up to 136/84 so not good (other days its nice and low it depends on how stressed i feel).

In conclusion you need to push hard for size and power for several years but then you need to know when to be happy and refine and work with what you do have.

Reactions: WWR
I get amazed by the amount of AAS some of the guys on forums (and that i know in the real world) have taken and how they still manage to look tiny and sh1te.

There's guys that talk about being on their 3rd or 4th 12 week injectable cycle and are probably no bigger than me, does make me wonder.... I think people just think that there is some magic course or magic formula out there that no one has told them about and if they keep chopping and changing they might just find it.

I get amazed by the amount of AAS some of the guys on forums (and that i know in the real world) have taken and how they still manage to look tiny and sh1te.

There's guys that talk about being on their 3rd or 4th 12 week injectable cycle and are probably no bigger than me, does make me wonder.... I think people just think that there is some magic course or magic formula out there that no one has told them about and if they keep chopping and changing they might just find it.

What it means is 9 times out of ten they are bull****ting to be interactive on the drugs front! Most can't accept there is NO magic formula but continue to hunt and use words that google doesn't recognise just to try and keep in so to speak!!

What it means is 9 times out of ten they are bull****ting to be interactive on the drugs front! Most can't accept there is NO magic formula but continue to hunt and use words that google doesn't recognise just to try and keep in so to speak!!

IMO a good bb is someone who has trophies not a varied use of google

Thats probably down to food,like keto etc and low cal's,hollywood diets?

I heavily analyse, but my conclusions from heavy analysing is that simplicity is the best method for big results.

Nowadays, I just do lowish volume, with high intensity technique, particularly grabbing the bar 20 seconds after failure and going again 3 or 4 times. Maybe a static hold on the last rest pause.

I only over analyse what I eat when pre-comp. All other times I make low carb choices, high protein. With the odd carb binge when I feel flat and in need of glycogen compensation, and carbs PWO.

I agree that too many choose fancy mens health workouts that are complete boll0cks.

You often hear people making exercise choices that they find relatively easy, then fill you with loads of pseudo logic as to why they are training in such a way. For example a guy was recently talking about squatting, and justified to himself that doing 20 reps with 60kg ass to grass was more beneficial than doing 140kg half reps. The reality was that he could probably have done 100kg ass to grass for 20 if he pushed harder and dug deeper, but in his own head his actions were justified.

When giving advice, I always keep it simple. For example I always say to people, that failure is key, whether that be at rep 5 or rep 25. I also tell people to ask them selves the question 'did I have more in me' when they put the bar down.

Usually the brain gives before the body. You don't often see big guys without a lot of spirit, but you do often see scrawny guys on high dose AAS with NO Spirit!

tried reading but a big block of text is harsh to the eyes!

Im seeing a repetitive phenomenon with the people I train that I want to state here. Ive trained alot of people now in the last 2 years on the net and also in person previously. I keep noticing the same things-basically on how various trainees brain's work.

When people contact me for training, the guys who have a big work ethic and believe in a system of training whether its mine or westside or 5x5 or whatever, and hammer it and hammer it hard come to me as big people already. These are the bodybuilders you see out there in the street. Big guys that you know lift, there is no doubt that they are bodybuilders.

On the other hand I have gotten alot of guys who have been lifting 5-10 years and you would never know they lifted even once unless they made it a point to tell you about it (and many do--LOL). And Ill tell you what the overwhelming continual trait those guys have. THEY OVERTHINK THIS, OVERANALYZE, keep second guessing themselves, follow this routine this month and that routine the next, and Flex magazine the third month. It all depends on what they happen to read that week. HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW WHAT WORKS IF YOU SWITCH IT EVERY DAMN MONTH?

Ive showed TPC some of these emails in the warehouse and he didnt realize the extent of what I was telling him about. Ive had a couple guys in the last 2 months who have been lifting for 5-10 years and by their pics it would be embarrassing to tell anyone that they actually lift. Both of these guys are sending me emails talking about iso-tension at the top of bicep curls, worrying up and down about the statics, should i flex the pinky finger inward to make more of a contraction on my alternate curl, should my forearm be perpendicular to the earths axis at the bottom of the shoulder press (you get the drift).

I went off on one guy and felt bad about it after but he kept saying "well how I used to do it is..." and "well Ive always done it this way" My answer was "well why do you look like **** if your old way worked so well"? Noone will ever know who these trainees are because its my business only but I want them to read this to get it clear in their heads. If you double triple or quadruple your training weights in good safe form over the next year/s or so your basically (with diet) going to be double or triple your current muscular size. If your going to sit there and overanalyze this **** like its rocket science (which it isnt I dont care what anyone tries to make it out to be) and worry about things that really arent going to add up to pounds of muscle mass, then blame yourself when you never get there.

Are you going to be a happy man at 50 years old when you look back and think "Wow I screwed up, I never looked like a bodybuilder, never achieved my goals, never got dramatically bigger, and its gone now.....IM too old to make up for that lost time" because thats where alot of you are heading if you dont get your heads on straight.

I blame alot of the muscle magazines for this. Alot of articles are ghost written for pros or are solo articles by people who are 165lbs who never made a huge change in their physique themselves. They try to portray lifting weights as this huge science (and they splurge up their articles with 8 vowel words and searching thru the thesaurus to find a word that makes them look extremely intelligent)--I go back to the beggining of cycles for pennies on this---The absolute strongest you can make yourself in all exercises, coupled with food intake to eat your way up to the new musculature will allow you to hold the most muscle mass on your body that your genetics predetermine.

You want to worry bout something? Worry about that damn logbook. Worry about staying uninjured in your quest. Worry about not missing any meals. Worry about somehow someway making yourself the strongest bodybuilder you can become. Im not talking singles here. Im talking 9-15 reps rest paused. A brute. A behemoth. A human forklift. I guess i had to use this post to vent because TPC saw me pissed off in the warehouse today after answering emails such as "Dante should I try to isolate the upper portion of the pec muscle and hold the peak contraction and flex hard at the top of every rep for about 5 seconds?"

If you have been lifting many years with no muscle mass to show the last thing you need to worry about is peak contraction--GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS (and then Ill and you will be happy)

Best gains i got was when i used to force feed (so knew i was getting in more than enough cals) and beat my log book every week on the basics.

(oh, and 30mg dbol + 750 - 1000mg test :D)

Back