Overnight Oats

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by Harry_ss, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Harry_ss

Harry_ss Full Member

has anyone tried pre making your oats (night before or just few hours before) - seen some stuff online and on YouTube it's meant to make your bowl of porridge much more volumous as the oats absorb all the water in the meantime and you can then eat them cold or quickly reheat them.

Thinking of giving it a go to make my lunch more satisfying whilst dropping calories :sad:

2. doink

doink PhD in Bro Science Top Contributor

Yeah it’s ace!

Soak your Oats in hot water from the kettle, then add raisins, a teaspoon (5g) of cinnamon, a couple of big spoons of Greek yoghurt and some walnuts. Scoop of peanut butter flavoured whey or choc hazelnut if you prefer that and you’re sorted.

Or if you prefer go with peanut butter or Nutella in the porridge and have the whey seperate.

Guaranteed to add 10kg on all main lifts.

Reacher, Harry_ss and Sjundea like this.
  3. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

I do banana, cinnamon, dark cocoa and some toffee flavour drops to make a banoffee type pudding, obvs with whey also.

Can try any fresh fruit with vanilla whey to be honest as that always works well.

Harry_ss and doink like this.
  4. ldn_geordielad

ldn_geordielad Full Member

I do it sometimes with greek yoghurt and oats. They're fine on their own, but with blueberries is canny as well.

5. Yogi_412

Yogi_412

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I workout early in the mornings and the over night oats usually is my post workout meal at 5am. 1cup dry oats, cup and a half of water. Microwave for 3 minutes. Add cinnamon, scoop and a half of whey, 1 banana, 1/4 cup of bluberries and when I go to eat it In the morning sometimes add some sugar free syrup to it.

6. Leviathan

Leviathan Competitor

Prefer overnight oats more in the summer, during these cold winter months nothing beats a hot bowl of porridge :)

paul xe, Sjundea and Yogi_412 like this.
  7. UKmeathead

UKmeathead Full Member

Not had oats in years this makes me want some this morning.