1. While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Pins And Needles From Elbow Joint To Hands

Discussion in 'Injuries, Health & Personal Care' started by rob.winton, Jan 31, 2019.

1. rob.winton

rob.winton

Hi all,

I train following the Mike Mathews Bigger, Leaner, Stronger book i.e heavy 4 to 6 rep range, 3 sets of each exercise. I’m having issues when I sleeping in bed, my forearms from the elbow joint to hands have pins and needles and sometimes go numb, it’s like a pinching of a nerve or something in the joint. I’m not sure which exercises could cause this but I think it could be barbell bicep curl and maybe some others, it’s actually ok when I train it’s when I’m resting ?

I’ve seen my physio who said it could be the median nerve in the back and have been given some stretching exercises to do. Has anyone had this before ?

2. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Stroke

onthebuild likes this.
  3. Porky

Porky Committee brofessor Top Contributor

I get that in me legs when I sit on the bog too long

onthebuild and Sjundea like this.
  4. rob.winton

rob.winton

Yeah ok

5. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

I have this in both arms when sleeping.
    Deffo nerve path related not circulatory as I get it even with arms straight at my sides.

rob.winton likes this.
  6. Raisin

Raisin Full Member

Yup. If i lie on my left hand side in bed my right arm goes numb and i get pins and needles in my hand. I have a pinched nerve in my back somewhere. Physio and deep tissue massage makes it easier for a few days but soon comes back.

One exercise doesnt cause my problem. Work and general back issues. Part of life now. Gives me an excuse to turn my back on the missus in bed and nod off ha ha

Scudd33 and rob.winton like this.
  7. onthebuild

onthebuild Top Contributor

Try sleeping stood up mate

Porky and Sjundea like this.
  8. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

:rofl: