Plant Based Diet

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scudd33, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Fook that

fooked

Scudd33 likes this.

2. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

Lots in there you can’t see like ginger,spices,coriander,lemon etc but fats are kept pretty low.
    I am a chef after all and bland is just shite

3. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

Ah cmon brah you would be ripped in no time la

Fatbrah likes this.
  4. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

I have a nutritionist friend back home that’s sending me menus this evening she is qualified so will give it a go for a few more weeks...
    If I notice a drop in strength or loss in muscle mass I will jump off it ASAP.
    So far so good

Greedy Ben likes this.
  5. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Mate im gettin ripped and growing serious lbm at same time atm eating chickens n cows

bailey and Scudd33 like this.
  6. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

I was too but I was also feeling very sluggish and having shit days more and more often.
    This is just an experiment

Fatbrah likes this.
  7. deano110

deano110 Competitor

Carbs and calories being high is relative on an individual level, although looking at your diet it seems your fats are very low. I would hazard a guess that they've been quite significantly reduced? I'm not an expert but a high intake of omega-6 fatty acids, relative to omega-3 has been linked to causing inflammation.

Are you tracking macros/calories? If so, how do they compare to your previous intake?

As already mentioned, 7 days is a minuscule amount of time, it can take 6 months for symptoms of nutritional deficiencies to arise. For the record I'm not trying to discredit you, I'm genuinely interested.

Scudd33 likes this.
  8. deano110

deano110 Competitor

Pea protein is low in methionine, if you're consuming it post-workout and your goal is muscle gain then I would consider combining it with brown rice protein (or buying a pea and brown rice protein blend). This will help ensure you're getting all nine essential amino acids and provides the most concentrated protein per gram comparable to whey protein. Might be considered a minor detail but when you're eliminating such an abundance of food sources these minor details become more important.

Scudd33 likes this.
  9. bailey

bailey Full Member

Should check out Kai greenes ebook on the plant based diet.... At least that's aimed towards bodybuilders

:rofl:

Scudd33 and Greedy Ben like this.
  10. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Qualified professionally as a dietician or just PT type 'nutritionist'?

Not picking holes interested too.0

11. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

Not at all she is qualified dietician has books etc I can ask for her credentials...

Greedy Ben likes this.
  12. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

Yes the fats are low,calorifically speaking in sitting roughly 400kcal a day higher.
    I’m not expecting any change so rapidly but there has been so attempting to isolate what has had the effect would be good.

deano110 likes this.
  13. deano110

deano110 Competitor

That's the right approach. It would be very hard to establish what has had an effect up to now as a multitude of variables have changed.

Without knowing precisely what your diet was previously you can't reliably determine whether it's the exclusion of animal products or if you're just making better nutritional decisions now from a micronutrient point of view. It's a very common trend for people to go from eating an abundance of fast food, takeaways, highly processed and junk foods in favour of a fad diet which by virtue results in the elimination of these potential problematic foods.

The placebo effect is probably the most likely culprit, especially at such an early stage.

14. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

Just to be absolutely clear I was eating very cleanly with the exception of beer before this change.
    Really a very traditional approach with the usual lean animal proteins to gain lbm.
    Oats,cottage cheese,lean red meat,chicken and fish with the inclusion of a load of green veg and grains.
    It’s likely I think to be gluten if the turnaround was so rapid.
    I can’t see dairy being the problem or egg whites.
    But for fast food? That was literally non existent in my previous diet.

15. deano110

deano110 Competitor

That's fair, thanks for clarifying.

I was just speaking in generalities but for your own peace of mind it's good to know.

You said in the first page that you're still drinking beer, typical beer is made from barley and wheat which both contain gluten so unless you're drinking gluten free beer you can strike gluten off the list as well.

If you continue with this way of eating and the positive changes you've experienced prevail then your best option would be a reverse engineer approach, were you reintroduce things in a singular fashion and see if you react to them.

It would be useful taking some more objective measures, just going by eye isn't reliable enough. Pictures, circumference measurements and scale weight can all be done with little effort, if you've got the facility to do your blood work then this would definitely be recommended on a routine basis.