Plod - Con's 2016 Challenge

Discussion in 'Con's 2016 Challenge: Sponsored by Protein Dynamix' started by plod, Feb 4, 2016.

1. plod

plod Top Contributor

Was in two minds whether to enter this, but just got big shock to the system :sad:
    I haven't stepped on a set of scales for about 11 months. Last time I was about 117/118 kgs IIRC and "imagined" I was about 123kgs maybe.
    Dug scales out, stepped on and I was 140.2kgs [emoji15][emoji45][emoji45]
    Got off, tried again, same, switched to pounds and came out as 309 [emoji20]
    Back to kgs, 140kgs.

TBH pretty fooked off seeing as I went from 170kgs down to best was 103, but then stabilised around 106 for about 6 months.
    Just plain gutted I'm over half way back to being the fat b'stard I was.

Pics I'll get the misses to take some, as only mirror suitable doesn't have enough light.

But entering might just get my arse back into gear.
    125kgs I could of lived with but man, 140!!! [emoji20][emoji20] shoot me now [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

---
    Con's 2016 Challenge has kindly been sponsored by Protein Dynamix who are giving away prizes to the top 3. Please show your support by visiting their website.

[​IMG]
    ---

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2016
    mal, A1243R, robc1985 and 5 others like this.
  2. Craig.1

Craig.1 Full Member

Chin up mate!

Happens to the best of us... just gives you a chance to get the finger out again.

Good luck.

plod likes this.
  3. Tommy6

Tommy6 Top Contributor

This is the first stents getting back to 100kg then below mate.

Would u ever hire a coach for accountability?

plod likes this.
  4. Jared

Jared Full Member

Don't just aim for what you had or what you could "put up with"! Beat it! Sub 100kg mate!
    In!

plod likes this.
  5. plod

plod Top Contributor

My goal originally was to get below 100kgs so I would of lost over 11 stone.
    Everything was going well until Xmas 2013.
    Put 3kg back on over Xmas and new year.
    Wasn't too worried and knew I'd shift it.
    Then for 6 months it didn't matter what I did with calories or exercise my body didn't shift. Like it had hit homeostasis and that's what I was going to be.
    Steadily crept up but was pretty confident a lot of it was muscle.
    Diet has slacked with stomach issues, so will be first port of call getting that sorted back into line.
    Just so shocked I was that big, thought I was 19 stone not almost 22.

As for coach, I seriously think that's got to be considered.
    I can push myself hard in the gym, but I've obviously lost track with diet to allow this to happen.
    Will be weighing myself weekly now to keep track.
    I know people say mirror and tape, but if I'd of known I was this heavy I'd of taken action sooner [emoji106]

6. robc1985

robc1985 Competitor

Good luck fella. Will follow

plod likes this.
  7. Con

Con Moderator

Post up a diet you think you could follow every day and we can all give input :-)

Tommy6 and plod like this.
  8. plod

plod Top Contributor

Ok I'll have a think

I could probably give you 4 out of 6 of the bat, but since my ability to tolerate oats has dwindled I'm unsure of meal 1, as used to be oats, semi skimmed milk and whey. Currently having weetabix whilst I try and figure something out, but I know this week you commented on someone else's diet that weetabix was terrible.

These are ones I've used before and would happily do so again.

2. 126g (drained) tuna in brine, 15ml EVOO, chilli powder, 3 egg whites, black pepper for taste
    3. 100g turkey, 100g sweet potato, 100g broccoli
    4. As above
    6. Casein shake (6 hour timed release)

I currently have the shake pre bed at the mo, and in the past I've had it also with a handful of nuts.

5. - the evening meal, I "used" to have 200g chicken, rice and salad. I guess I could do that again, or maybe substitute the rice for jacket potato as an either or.

1. I'm guessing at my weight and age I need to be thinking pro/fat and ditch carbs for brekkie. Did me fine for 2 years (oats and whey) and helped me lose 10.5 stone at one point, but I'm guessing it's not ideal

9. plod

plod Top Contributor

Sorry Tommy, just realised
    You'll have to give me link to your website [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Guest likes this.
  10. plod

plod Top Contributor

Ok
    Meal 1.

I've done this before, any good?

2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, cooked in a little EVOO to make an omelette
    Handful of spinach
    Red kidney beans

11. Tommy6

Tommy6 Top Contributor

Oh no defo not me, I think you may have underlying health issues or maybe just not 100% accountability which is perhaps why your weight stalked for a period of months.

I was more thinking @Con as his prices are affordable, and he'd do it all in a healthy way, it'll give you accountability each week and take all of the thinking away for you.

Only just a thought though mate and plenty other good coaches on the board. In realistic terms imagine what u could achieve in say a 12 month period.

12. plod

plod Top Contributor

My test levels are 8.9 so finding it hard to burn fat. Plus it's mainly in chest, lower stomach and thighs which I'm sure con has said in past is pretty Indicative of low test.

Could of sworn by symptoms I've got that my thyroid is also out of whack, but doc very dismissive.
    Got endo in 5 weeks, so hopefully they'll look at the whole package.

Think this year I will end up getting a coach, but would like to see what happens with the endo, as IMO could radically change things.

Went on MyFitnessPal earlier and according to that I've had 3000 calories today, which for a guy my size I don't think is excessive.
    Will have to put the diet I suggested into MFP but reckon sub 2400.

Tommy6 likes this.
  13. Con

Con Moderator

That diet is no good man.
    Way too little food!
    You will need about 3000 calories per day (that's only 10 cal per lb but as you said you're very fat so you could go this hard from the get go).
    That ALONE with no cardio or training will pull the weight off you every single day.

So I suggest you follow a flexible diet.
    Eat whatever you like just don't go over 3000 calories per day.
    The hard part will be recording the food correctly.
    When in doubt over estimate caloric content not under estimate.

When that stalls you can look at getting more specific.

Obviously i suggest you perform cardio and weight training frequently for the muscle growth and cardiovascular benefits!

plod and CS86 like this.
  14. plod

plod Top Contributor

138.7 kgs this morning, so down 1.5kgs in a matter of days.
    Would assume water as cold starting to shift, although still coughing up phlegm.

Will sort pics later in natural light, as long as it's not peeing it down

15. plod

plod Top Contributor

Sorry for no pics yet
    Still feeling rough with the cold, but will do over weekend regardless.

137kgs just weighed at, so down 3.2kgs in a week. Probably water, and still more to come once cold shifts, but progress is progress