Post a picture of the meal infront of you!

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by WWR, Jul 4, 2011.

1. spearman

spearman Full Member

I have a lot of bloating and stomach issues. What are you eating that’s changed your gut issues?

RickJsy likes this.

2. RickJsy

RickJsy Crippled fat guy Top Contributor

Alright, bear with me. Story time.

(TLDR: bacteria and preservative techniques make all the difference).

The thing is, I keep getting in arguments online with people doing that MAC Nutrition course... they sit on a study — that they love posting all the time — that says processed food is just food like any other, and that kcal in/out is all you need to think about as far as daily energy and weight management (they do acknowledge the requirement for micro-nutrients and vitamins, minerals and cofactors).

I work in food/dairy technology though — I literally design food products for a living, and that involves waaay more elements than people generally consider; from trends, to taste, to appearance, nutrient content, to costings and margins and, importantly, shelf life. The latter two are hand-in-hand as time to spoilage and disposal are directly proportional to handling and saleability and blah, blah... right...

Now there’s loads of things I can do to make food last longer — but all of it means basically making the food ever more denatured and antimicrobial.

That’s the thing, see... a lot of what you absorb from food is down to how your gut microbiome — the bacteria that live in your large intestine— are doing.

They not only help to digest foods that your native enzymes can’t fully break down, but in some cases food that the ‘I do science ‘cos I’m a nutritionist’ crowd have “proven not to contain nutrients they are famed for by testing said food” only has any health properties because of the byproducts of the relevant bacteria consuming it. Not because it was ever in said food.

So, take a Maccy D burger that just won’t fucking rot (maximum profit and ability to ship) and the reason it won’t rot is because ANYTHING THAT PROMOTES BACTERIAL GROWTH has been removed.

Eat that stuff — or even too much supermarket style processed foods — and you’re starving your gut microbiome... then, bacteria dies in the fucking digestive hunger camp that you created by eating junk all the time.

Then when you do eat resistant starches, oligosaccharides, many carb sources, they aren’t fully digested as the critters that helped you have all gone full Belsen in there. Result: wind, bloat, sickness and you aren’t using what you eat, just shitting all the time.

So, you drink live kefir, you pickle vegetables and salt down cabbage and you eat pickled herrings and stuff that’s preserved in the ancestral ways that increase bacterial content — and a few months iin, you realise you can eat whatever you want with no discomfort, your waist size even goes down, you can get more anabolism off less protein, you can bulk on way less calories and fat loss becomes easier.

Those bacteria produce B vitamins and even antioxidant chemicals for you and you start feeling and sleeping better. You barely need to wipe your ass, as it’s now coming out ‘clean’. Sploosh.

BTW... ignore those shitty yakult type drinks — they are more processed than the stuff we’re trying to combat and pasteurized AFTER the bacteria are cultured — so the labels are a loophole-based lying fucking sales pitch delivered by fucking food Illuminati cunts trying to starve us in times of apparent abundance.

milner575, ChrissyJ, Yogi_412 and 8 others like this.
  3. spearman

spearman Full Member

Thanks rick.
    So do you make your own pickled veg and sauerkraut etc?

4. RickJsy

I do pickle/ferment veg, but tbh I haven’t figured out how to get the flavor right yet and mine is never as nice/edible as the one from the Polish market!

I make kefir both at home and here at work though, and I’m getting quite a nice kefir/yoghurt taste from the latest batches.

spearman and zack like this.
  5. RickJsy

6. zack

zack TM's resident millionaire entrepreneur. Top Contributor

you have pickles with every meal?

7. RickJsy

1 meal a day usually, or 2 meals a day in hot weather or times when I’ve sweated excessively.

Electrolytes bruh.

zack likes this.
  8. zack

zack TM's resident millionaire entrepreneur. Top Contributor

Was at my in laws on the weekend and my mrs grandma made this home made Pakistani pickled veg.

Was lime and Peppers pickled and fermented. They just leave it in a cupboard and pick at is alongside a meal. Was pretty nice tbh.

ChrissyJ and RickJsy like this.
  9. RickJsy

I’ve had something similar at my mate’s when I was younger, I’m sure. His mum used to make us samosas with loads of peas in, always loved them.

zack likes this.
  10. s man

s man Full Member

My wife is Hindu from a vegetarian family. There's always 5 different pickles on the go at anytime and when it comes to diet time her mum cooks me up batches of cauliflower, cabbage/peas and broccoli curries with next to no oil to go with my bland ass meats. Multiculturalism for the bodybuilding win.

Robbie, ChrissyJ, zack and 3 others like this.
  11. TBLifter

TBLifter Top Contributor

Image1530735277.515180.jpg
    My favourite diner atm, Greek yogurt half a tub, scoop of whey, and frozen blueberries

zack and RickJsy like this.
  12. Yogi_412

Yogi_412 Full Member

Training Log:
    Click Here
    F01DBFB7-EAC7-4B57-9190-020CB2C293F5.jpeg

Chicken & steak, peppers, onions, baked potato, tortillas and everything to go in them.

6EE20B83-8F8F-488A-8B90-5533BF84F8DA.jpeg

Lemon chicken, broccoli, brussel sprouts, basmati rice, tomatoes, avocado, and spicy Thai sauce.

huntingground, ChrissyJ and zack like this.
  13. ChrissyJ

ChrissyJ Full Member

Absolutely awesome looking

zack likes this.
  14. noel

noel Top Contributor

burger.jpeg

Home made lean burgers, 1 slice of cheddar, pickles, half an avocado...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    zack and Fatbrah like this.
  15. JB

JB KFC Sponsored Athlete Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Earlier today just shared with my boys as a snack

Image1532283594.241204.jpg

Hilly and zack like this.