Post Lockdown Gym Rules

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by G-G, Jul 31, 2020.

1. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

So, gyms are open again (except for the jocks, unlucky cunts!!)

who’s ventured back?
    Who going to keep training from home?
    if you’re back, what’s it like?

I didn’t train at all through LD, last session before last Sunday was February I think....

My gyms a sweaty little private place. Been back 3 times now at various times and it’s been pretty quiet. Think tonight there was only 7-8 people in. Although the membership level is pretty high by all accounts.

H&S is pretty basic. Spray and wipe before and after using bars and machines and a general “don’t be a dick” rule. But that’s it.

Anyone got to wear a mask?

Beef likes this.
  2. Getbig25

Getbig25 Top Contributor

English cuntssss

3. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

love you really

Getbig25 likes this.
  4. Getbig25

Getbig25 Top Contributor

Enjoy it while yous can! Never know. Fuckboy Boris might start closing indoor places again which sturgeon would love to justify delaying us up here. Wee cow.

Sjundea, spearman and pooley1810 like this.
  5. huntingground

huntingground One Hundred Percenter Competitor

1/4 full at Nortons, just do what I normally do, no mask, no disinfectant etc etc.

Greedy Ben, Getbig25 and G-G like this.
  6. spearman

spearman Full Member

no sleep, no gains etc etc

Mr mac, Getbig25, bailey and 2 others like this.
  7. welshguy84

welshguy84 Competitor

Not been back.

Popped to the gym where I had some stuff in a locker and it closed early on the first day open as was so quiet.

Other gym I go to looks like it's been steady with all the regulars in. It's only small and is Beverly overly busy anyway but has a booking system in place to make it fair for everyone to get in.

Usuaul sprays etc but people seem to be spotting on bench etc

I'll centre back st some point for odd session but happy enough in the garage.

G-G likes this.
  8. Simon90

Simon90 Full Member

4th session back today fucking loving it! Feels good to be back. Following Neil Deighton’s post lockdown plan to get strength back to wear it was seems like a Really good programme. Can’t wait to get some size back on.
    No different to how it was before tbf except quieter which is a bonus. Always wiped my shit down after using anyway so no change there

G-G likes this.
  9. Beef

Beef Moderator

I scrapped my home gym and made it into a bar 2 week ago. Thank Christ my gym is just on the outskirts of Bradford otherwise I'd be fucked with these further ridiculous restrictions.

Gym doesn't really have many rules besides distancing, thankfully the owners see covid-19 for the utter scaremongering bollocks it is.

10. G-G

G-G Ex Competitor

Bit of a mixed bag then.

11. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

I train at exercise for less so it's a massive building, no need to restrict numbers
    Apart from a few bits of kit moved around and extra cleaning stations, its business as usual

G-G likes this.
  12. Raisin

Raisin Top Contributor

Apart from lots of spray bottles and blue roll it's business as usual at my gym

G-G likes this.
  13. welshguy84

welshguy84 Competitor

Most independant gyms I've seen have said that their busiest times don't even get up to what they are allowed in under the guidelines

Golden, G-G, Beef and 1 other person like this.
  14. JB

JB Top Contributor

Local council gym has a huge table in the middle with spray bottles and paper trowels so basically take one of them with you.

All the machines are within there own stations lots of machines have been removed to make room as well and only letting 15 in per hour on a rolling 15 mins.
    Not a bad set up actually you need to book in online but saying that it’s not that busy and I’ve been in without booking

pooley1810 likes this.
  15. Beef

Beef Moderator

Can you pull the annual flu statistics up?

Let's see how the death rate compares to COVID-19.

Loads of cancer patient deaths/other diseases/regular flu deaths have also been attributed to COVID-19 for some reason?

What a joke. I hope Muslims continue to ignore the rules and celebrate Eid (heard fireworks in Bradford last night so hopefully so). Absolute bollocks