Post Lockdown Gym Rules

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by G-G, Jul 31, 2020 at 9:06 PM.

1. Penguin'sreturn

Penguin'sreturn Full Member

Ours has been brilliant. He said the only official guidelines he's received from government is no showers or changing rooms which I find odd. Aren't we supposed to keep clean?

Anyway he's painted the whole place, fixed all the old machines and got in 30k of new equipment in. Give him his due while every cunt was moping he's took this as an opportunity to reinvigorate the gym.

It has 3 floors, very big gym, rough guideline is 25 ppl per floor but I train when he opens at 9a.m so never gets anywhere near that. Hand sanitizer everywhere and spray and paper towels to wipe equipment down when done that's all he's asked. Certainly no masks, no queues and no change of opening and closing times. Atmosphere has been mint.

Sjundea, G-G and Beef like this.
  2. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

What the fuck are u waffling on about the economy for?

The economy is in a state because everything was shut down for a virus with a death rate similar to the common flu

The economy being fucked doesn’t suggest the virus is worse than the flu, it suggests the government over reacted

3. milner575

milner575 Top Contributor

https://www.facebook.com/100034745553427/posts/327942991707217/?

Watch this and then come back and tell us all how many of this 45000 actually died OF covid. Not WITH covid or after testing positive with covid.

Beef likes this.
  4. Beef

Beef Moderator

I can actually, that's why I asked you to post the statistics for regular flu so you'd realize it's a LOAD OF SHITE. But clearly you didn't bother to look you hysteric oozing anus of semen.

Oh hold on you asked me to post economical data. Post the death rates of both first as I asked and tell me why our/the world economy has gone to wank because of this. Tell me why the world has gone to shit over something that kills less people per year than the regular flu.

5. milner575

milner575 Top Contributor

Beef likes this.
  6. Beef

Beef Moderator

The "flu" mutates all the time, why the fuck do you think there are different yearly flu shots you fucking mong.

TL;DR the rest. Basically COVID-19 is just another flu strain that the world has gone overboard about.

7. s man

s man Full Member

It may be worth noting that they’ve estimated up to 200000 could die due to the treatment delays caused by lockdown.
    Or take in to account the large portion of Covid deaths were from people likely to die in the next 12 months as may be being seen now with weeks 24-29 all being below the 5 year average.

8. Beef

Beef Moderator

Fail to see what a religion has to do with race, perhaps you've outed yourself as a racist there by assuming only certain people can be Muslim? There are white, black, brown, yellow and god knows what other colour that are muslims.

Also I hope Muslims do celebrate their holiday and fuck this restriction bollocks off.

9. phani tikkala

phani tikkala Dixie Normous Top Contributor

And every year the flu jab is nothing more than a guess.

Beef likes this.
  10. GhostOf2Can

Romper stomper displaying classic sheep characteristics

Absolute phaggot who gets his opinion spoon fed to him from BBC news obviously

noreason, Beef and phani tikkala like this.
  11. Penguin'sreturn

Penguin'sreturn Full Member

All just anecdotal from me so feel free to dismiss it.

Was chatting with a bloke called Tommy in my gym, 71yo fit as a fiddle. His wife has asthma and is of similair age so I assumed she'd be in the vulnerable group. He said it was a load of bollocks, they both look after themselves and correctly pointed out that you could get hit by a bus tomorrow so you might as well hide yourself away inside the rest of your life. Life is for living, there are worse things than this virus lurking out there so just try your luck ffs.

Back to the story. He had two mates who died and said the they put on the cert Covid. He himself, who was mates with both these blokes, said one was 86 who had serious heart problems prior, they were pretty much waiting for the call daily. The other was in his 60s and a raging alcoholic and his health was shot to shit yet both causes of death? Covid. The figures are mis-leading at best and in truth outright lies.

My personal opinion is that it's a glorified flu bug. But of course that's JMO. When they started turning away cancer patients for their treatment and cancelling surgeries due to Covid that's when it became a downright disgrace. Cancer or Covid? Hmmm I've never had either but put a gun to my head, say I'm getting one or the other and I know which one I'll take my chances with.

Then of course you had the total over reaction, jobs lost, businesses permanently closed down, more mental health problems etc. The only benefit to the reaction to the virus was for the habitually lazy who don't work so hey no change their, just business as usual. Then the ones who were either lucky enough or who had grafted their arse off and could afford not to work for a few months.

phani tikkala, GhostOf2Can and Beef like this.
  12. GhostOf2Can

I train in my garage and will continue to do so btw

Just to get the thread back on topic :lol:

G-G, Sjundea, phani tikkala and 3 others like this.
  13. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

Ditto, i need to buy some dumbells once prices balance out. No need to go to the gym for what i want to achieve

G-G and phani tikkala like this.
  14. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

We might have had our differences but we do actually have the same views.

Glad some see sense.

GhostOf2Can and pooley1810 like this.
  15. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

On the topic of covid, I did ask the doc I saw today about her views. Whilst she didn't give her opinion she said, the hospital had been under high alert and that she had volunteered as a sub 30 year old, fit person to go on the covid ward. She was on it for 2 days before they returned her to normal duties as there wasn't the demand for her to be there.

This to me reaffirms my own view that the experts didn't have a clue what to expect, it was a world first pandemic in our life times, and the hysteria created by 'experts' has been an over reaction.

GhostOf2Can and pooley1810 like this.