1. Click here to see our list of sponsors. If you decide to use one of the companies listed, please support TMuscle by clicking on one of the links provided.

Prepping For Contest

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by Scudd33, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:51 AM.

1. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

I’ve been advised that a minimum of 10-12kg lean muscle on my frame is pretty much a must.
    Totally expected that.
    I’m also sure my training and diet is not anywhere near what it needs to be

Yogi_412, doink and zack like this.

2. zack

zack TM's resident millionaire entrepreneur. Top Contributor

I'm that case go for it. It's great to have a goal and time frame.

Good luck.

Scudd33 likes this.
  3. doink

doink PhD in Bro Science Top Contributor

Yeah 25-30lb should are you most of the way there I reckon mate, you know I’m not bodybuilder, I’m just saying what I think but 25-30lb is a good 2-3 years worth looking at it realistically. 10lb of lean tissue on a year is really good going but if you’re in it for the long run it’s doable and if the coaching and nutrition is decent and you push hard to build your strength up and hit the weights hard and heavy, I’m sure you’ll manage it just fine.

Doses clearly ain’t an issue for you and if you can hack them without feeling like a bag of wank why the fuck not, we’ve all been there at one point in our steroid tale haven’t we.

Robbie, zack and Scudd33 like this.
  4. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

Yeah let’s see,gonna smash the hell out of it and hopefully get close enough to get on stage at least toward the end of next year.
    It’s all a learning curve really,dose wise I seem to be ok at the moment.
    Still highish side on the tren and test but feel strong without the orals and a touch of caber has me sorted..

zack and doink like this.
  5. JANIKvonD

JANIKvonD JandirTheJandirHandler Top Contributor

December next year is a looong way away. sure you can add a fair bit of muscle by then if you have the rite coach.

your naturally lean by the looks of it.. which is a bonus when pushing for growth imo

you do LOOK tall though.. small joints & long limbs. got a job ahead filling out proportions. genuinely good luck with it all

Scudd33 and zack like this.
  6. noel

noel Top Contributor

as above

right now youd prob only be up for mens physique - ive competed in classic as low as 93kg and I was Lean as fuck but also very stringy indeed, to be fair the same for me even close to 100kg (with offseason going to around 109kg110kg) I look like that so the new classic limits of 108kg for your height puts you in SHW weight territory without being next to someone 5ft 9

in 18 months you can make a good change for sure. Youll be able to add mass and keep relatively lean compared to others but - like most of us tall chaps its going to take hard graft, mainly from the eating as youll most likely need a good deal of cals. On top of course training hard and being consistent but it might surprise you how much youll need to tuck away food wise to push. Id try keep this as clean as possible until I had maxed out appetitie rather than daily cheats.... once your up into the 4-5k area and beyond is the time to throw in things if your still staying pretty lean. Again as we are similar heights as an example ive been up to about 5.5k a day of good food plus the odd cheat once or twice a week in this offseason and got to 270lb / 123kg at the top before ive started to tidy up ready for a comp prep

As a leaner guy stuff like Tren doesn't help you much until you want to dial down, as youll burn more cals and may impede eating. Same for orals. You don't need to be a blob or a mess at all but Ive found good results from NPP (deca) with Test so you can lift heavy, have a little water and help in those long limbs and don't mess up your eating. Even a little EQ in there or some GHRPs if really needed.

Plan wise id say spend 1 year growing, then worry about a comp. if you did that youd be growing then july next year have 12-18 weeks prep. Id block up the first bit as a 2 week adjustment period to find out where you are and be super consistant, then officially kick off, add in cycle and run a good 3-4 month growing period, back off and cruise a little for 8-12 weeks max and hold onto the new tissue as much as poss then push on again for another 12-18 weeks

all depends how serious you are and what you want from it , and how much you want it

doink, Robbie, zack and 3 others like this.
  7. Scudd33

Scudd33 Full Member

Thank you for this,a lot of good info and very helpful,cals are way too low atm judging by what you’ve said I reckon biking out for a good long time is the way forward.
    I’ve struggled to hold on to any mass and that’s most likely due to the tren and cardio from what you’ve said.
    Time to have a good look at my diet and cycle and push some more food and hours at the gym.

zack likes this.
  8. noel

noel Top Contributor

post it up here youll get some advice (not just me)

training - same

or get Coach-owskiiii to do for you

whilst drugs are part and parcel of this sport absolutely get everything else bang on, food especially to make use of it and grow.

sound similar to me, I did way too much cardio at first despite eating loads , bit of a circle...

you wont be needing (IMO) t-3, clen, tren etc for a bit....

train hard and eat well. iff its starting to get a bit uncomfortable on the eating front Id say you are on the right track