Quick Help Needed - Should I Go To A&e

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by custom_courier, Jun 14, 2022.

1. custom_courier

custom_courier Full Member

Pinned right thigh this am with my usual dose of sust250. Just noticed just now that I’ve developed a bit of swelling round the injection site.

It may be nothing but I’ve never had that before. I also remember reading somewhere that if you develop a lump/swelling it may be the start of an abscess or something?

It’s not red just a bit swollen.

I made sure everything was clean as I always do.

2. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Relax mate your leg isn’t gonna just fall off within 24 hrs

Just keep an eye on it. If it doesn’t go red and hot you’ll be fine

You’ve probably just nicked a nerve or some of the oil may be sat under the skin

Simon90 and Reacher like this.
  3. custom_courier

Ok thanks bud. How long should I give it for the swelling to go down? It’s never done that before. Usually just a bit pippy but that’s all

4. Simon90

Simon90 Moderator

An abscess wouldn't develop that quickly. It'll just be pip. Like 2can said, most likely a dodgy jab or it's leaked subq.
    If it gets red, hot to the touch, starts to feel soft/mushy or you start feeling unwell/feverish over the next week or so then youd need to be concerned. Keep an eye on it and don't stress.

Swelling can go down within a day or two or could take up to a week or more. I had bad pip once my glute was rediculously swollen to the point it was visible through jeans. Took a week before it started to reduce. I had no other sides though.

5. custom_courier

Thanks fella.

Apologies no pics….