Rickjsy 2018

Rehab — light stuff for sanity.

Couldn’t sit home all day so went to gym on my crutches.

Very light single leg extensions (literally first plate) with slow, controlled reps. Didn’t count reps, just wanted blood in the injured leg. 3 sets each leg.

Occlusion training flat leg press — the one with a stack, not plate loaded. Unilateral. Used my Inzer gripper knee wraps cranked hard around the groin area. 5 sets of 10 controlled presses on each leg with 50kgs taking wrap off between sets to let blood in. Crazy pump, especially in the busted leg.

Hamstring curls (laying) 5 x 10 light weights short rests.

Wide stance, snatch grip stiff legged deadlifts (try it, it’s hard to keep legs locked and you lower and raise by pushing ass backwards/bringing hips forwards — on two Reebok steps. 60kgs 5x10 — if you keep the bar super close you’ll get a nice lat pump as well as hammies and glutes.

Scap/grip exercise isometric — grabbing uprights of squat rack on the outsides, lifting knees to get feet off the ground, then pull up into crucifix for timed holds — brutal on the forearms and really feel the core working. 5 holds/reps.

Laying cable face-pulls 120kgs x 4 sets of 12-15 reps.
Upright cable rows with scap tuck 120kgs x 4 sets of 8-10 reps.

Green band face pull/pull apart 3 x 8-10 reps — hard going.

Pinch grip 2x15kgs York metal plates per hand in bench row position (to keep hips out of it) and hold until grip goes.

Tried the same with 20’s but barely got them off the ground this time around.

Behind the back rack axle holds 120kgs x 3 x holds for time.

Rehab — light stuff for sanity.

Couldn’t sit home all day so went to gym on my crutches.

Very light single leg extensions (literally first plate) with slow, controlled reps. Didn’t count reps, just wanted blood in the injured leg. 3 sets each leg.

Occlusion training flat leg press — the one with a stack, not plate loaded. Unilateral. Used my Inzer gripper knee wraps cranked hard around the groin area. 5 sets of 10 controlled presses on each leg with 50kgs taking wrap off between sets to let blood in. Crazy pump, especially in the busted leg.

Hamstring curls (laying) 5 x 10 light weights short rests.

Wide stance, snatch grip stiff legged deadlifts (try it, it’s hard to keep legs locked and you lower and raise by pushing ass backwards/bringing hips forwards — on two Reebok steps. 60kgs 5x10 — if you keep the bar super close you’ll get a nice lat pump as well as hammies and glutes.

Scap/grip exercise isometric — grabbing uprights of squat rack on the outsides, lifting knees to get feet off the ground, then pull up into crucifix for timed holds — brutal on the forearms and really feel the core working. 5 holds/reps.

Laying cable face-pulls 120kgs x 4 sets of 12-15 reps.
Upright cable rows with scap tuck 120kgs x 4 sets of 8-10 reps.

Green band face pull/pull apart 3 x 8-10 reps — hard going.

Pinch grip 2x15kgs York metal plates per hand in bench row position (to keep hips out of it) and hold until grip goes.

Tried the same with 20’s but barely got them off the ground this time around.

Behind the back rack axle holds 120kgs x 3 x holds for time.
Fuck man, A&E yesterday gym today. I know you said light stuff but be careful!

Today we SLDL

Tomorrow we tell stories in the great halls

Drink up your protien shake and dominate your women

For Valhalla is awaiting us, as we enter the great halls they will chant

Here comes big rick of thru jersey clan

Fell out the shower, then proceeded to SLDL.

Brave soul.

Ugh.

Went up the rugby club and fucked around on the watt bike just gently spinning for 30mins at 75w — just enough to get the heart rate up and listened to an audiobook.

Then got chatting with some lads, watched them performing some fucking abortive excuses for bench pressing and showed them how to tuck in and get tight on the bench — spotted all three and they nailed it and were well happy.

Worked up to 3 sets of 8 reps with 180kgs — spinning my wheels really, no leg drive used.

Did light, tempo seated lateral raises in all planes (fronts, sides, rears, rotator cuff and prone Y’s. Did laying face pulls with the rope handles. Did band pull aparts.

Did chins and scap pull-ups, being careful to step on a box instead of jumping on/off bar like usual.

Got asked to go throw the ball in for a few of B team doing line out practice but declined due to injury.

Went and saw my physio (she is the team physio) and got massage and dry needling done on injured thigh and hamstring.

Walked widths of the shallow end of swimming pool to strengthen hips as advised by physio.

Had steam, sauna and cold showers x 3.

Ugh.

Went up the rugby club and fucked around on the watt bike just gently spinning for 30mins at 75w — just enough to get the heart rate up and listened to an audiobook.

Then got chatting with some lads, watched them performing some fucking abortive excuses for bench pressing and showed them how to tuck in and get tight on the bench — spotted all three and they nailed it and were well happy.

Worked up to 3 sets of 8 reps with 180kgs — spinning my wheels really, no leg drive used.

Did light, tempo seated lateral raises in all planes (fronts, sides, rears, rotator cuff and prone Y’s. Did laying face pulls with the rope handles. Did band pull aparts.

Did chins and scap pull-ups, being careful to step on a box instead of jumping on/off bar like usual.

Got asked to go throw the ball in for a few of B team doing line out practice but declined due to injury.

Went and saw my physio (she is the team physio) and got massage and dry needling done on injured thigh and hamstring.

Walked widths of the shallow end of swimming pool to strengthen hips as advised by physio.

Had steam, sauna and cold showers x 3.
Casually throwing around 180 benches lol, I'd take a bloody single at 180!!

Casually throwing around 180 benches lol, I'd take a bloody single at 180!!

Honestly it’s barely a working weight for me at the moment — which is why I don’t want it to slip back whilst I’m out injured again. Bench has never been stronger than the last couple of months.

Back