Robs 2017 Equipped Lifting Journal

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by robc1985, Dec 31, 2016.

1. robc1985

robc1985 Competitor

So 2016 is nearly done with. Personally it's been great for family life but predominantly wank in the gym.

For 9 months I fucked around with numerous programs and fad diets and made absolutely zero progress. Certainly didn't hit any pb's, that's for sure.

I get married in June and when I looked at myself in October I thought I seriously needed to sort myself out. I looked an absolute state. A fat, unhealthy slob that weighed 14,4.

I had to do something about it. So I paid and got my diet sorted for me. I looked at it and was shocked at how much shit I'd been eating, and what I needed to do to get myself sorted out. It was going to be tough......

Fast forward 3 months and I now weigh 15 stone dead. So I've put on 10lb.... Pics below show my progress. Still carrying a lot but I look and feel so much better. This has helped with confidence and energy levels too.

I have finally decided that I want to go down the powerlifting route again and compete. Due to 2017 being hectic it'll have to be in 2018. So the plan from then is to use @Dig and get as strong as possible whilst making myself look good.

I'm super happy at the minute that I have a plan in place and structure that I can follow. I do best when I'm told what to do or I just go off on a tangent and lose interest. At least with training being sent to me every week I have targets in mind I need to beat.

IMG_20161219_081219.jpg

Attached Files:

2. robc1985

robc1985 Competitor

PhotoGrid_1483197373899.png

Back shot. Deadlifts do well for me

RS86 and Greedy Ben like this.
  3. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    In mate! Great progress so far!

robc1985 likes this.
  4. JB

JB KFC Sponsored Athlete Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Good luck pal decent change already.

sure we can fire each other on when I get my arse into gear.

robc1985 likes this.
  5. robc1985

robc1985 Competitor

Supposed to be squatting today but woke up with severe deadlift doms and a stinking cold.

So this week's training will be weds, Fri and Sunday. Recon a couple of days will sort me out but don't want to push straight away and fuck myself in long run.

Am weight 212lb. Birthday tomorrow so it'll be mad with food but I'll be back to normality on weds.

6. robc1985

robc1985 Competitor

Birthday out of the way so training today, so I thought. Bring on throwing up at 6am and eating fuck all today.

So my usual plan of mon, wed and fri have gone to shit this week. Will have to do two consecutive days in form of Thurs and fri then I'll do Sunday as daughters birthday on Sat.

Weighing bang on 15 stone now. Gonna try get as much food down me now without throwing up and hit squats tomorrow. Main working sets will be 2x5 at 130kg.

7. Rick@OlympusHealth

Rick@OlympusHealth CEO @ Olympus Health

Big improvements already... keep it up man! You look like a different guy, even down to your posture, in the after pic, which is awesome.

Just me, but I find that making myself go in, even with the DOMS and cold etc. helps to form the right habits... don't need to kill yourself, but getting there and doing something makes the next time easier, and so on and so on.

robc1985 likes this.
  8. robc1985

robc1985 Competitor

Squats today. Feeling very very strong on them today @Dig

FitNotes Workout - Thursday 5th January 2017

** Barbell Squat **
    - 20.0 kgs x 5 reps
    - 60.0 kgs x 6 reps
    - 80.0 kgs x 5 reps
    - 95.0 kgs x 5 reps
    - 110.0 kgs x 4 reps
    - 120.0 kgs x 3 reps

- 130.0 kgs x 5 reps
    - 130.0 kgs x 5 reps

Bouncing off me again at the top. It's coming out of the hole still where my weakness lies. The 130 felt very strong though and I prob had one more set of 5 in me.

No video as I always need music to get fired up for squats.

** Paused Squats **
    - 95.0 kgs x 3 reps
    - 95.0 kgs x 3 reps
    - 95.0 kgs x 3 reps

Felt like overhead pressing the fucker since it was flying so high off shoulders. Haha. 2 secs super deep pause at bottom. These felt strong this week.

** Leg Press **
    - 95.0 kgs x 10 reps
    - 125.0 kgs x 6 reps
    - 155.0 kgs x 5 reps
    - 175.0 kgs x 10 reps
    - 155.0 kgs x 12 reps
    - 125.0 kgs x 12 reps

Thanks for trying to kill me......

** Seated Calf Extention **
    - 85.0 kgs x 12 reps
    - 75.0 kgs x 11 reps
    - 75.0 kgs x 9 reps

Pain pain pain

** Seated Leg Curl Machine **
    - 45.0 kgs x 8 reps
    - 65.0 kgs x 2 reps

Literally couldn't do anymore. Legs were shaking like fuck and I could barely walk at the end.

First session of new year done and felt great. Really happy with it even though press nearly did kill me! Much much easier than first session from last week. Happy overall.

Bench tomorrow then deads Sunday am although I'll have to see if I can get bench as it's usually busy Friday pm.

Dan94, RS86, Greedy Ben and 3 others like this.
  9. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Nice squatting mate

robc1985 likes this.
  10. robc1985

robc1985 Competitor

Cheers bud. Hope you had a good Xmas and new year.

Really wanna be hitting 200kg sooner rather than later.

Fatbrah likes this.
  11. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    how's diet been pal

12. robc1985

robc1985 Competitor

Been good for most of the 12 weeks that I've been given one. Weekends can fuck me but I've got much better at routine.

I don't want to cut anymore though as I want to whack on some muscle, and getting stronger is the goal so I'll be getting a new one in a week or so that'll change things up.

You getting diet sorted bud?

Fatbrah likes this.
  13. JB

Training Log:
    Click Here
    i just need to totally tidy mine up mate and would see a change as i said last few month has been shocking nearly ever meal back from September of last year was a take out or a meal out or a ready meal LMAO

since Tuesday this week i've cooked every meal had a few dinners with lots of veg,had a few 5 egg ommlettes etc try to get the protein back in bought some protein powder hopefully get that in the next day or two and then start filling my intervals with them as well.

robc1985 likes this.
  14. robc1985

robc1985 Competitor

Bench game was strong today @Dig . Cheers for the pointers on form. Made a massive difference today. Normally I make an attempt at an arch and lose it all when I unrack. Today I tried to stand on my head and then continued to do so after unrack. It was fucking horrible. Haha.

FitNotes Workout - Friday 6th January 2017

** Flat Barbell Bench Press **
    - 20.0 kgs x 5 reps
    - 40.0 kgs x 8 reps
    - 55.0 kgs x 5 reps
    - 65.0 kgs x 5 reps
    - 75.0 kgs x 4 reps
    - 82.5 kgs x 2 reps

- 90.0 kgs x 7+ = 10 reps and a pb! Super happy with that. Controlled going down and explosive on press. Form stayed tight and shoulders dug into bench. At 7 I said one more and so on..... until I hit 10

- 82.5 kgs x 7 reps
    - 77.5 kgs x 7 reps these two sets should've been 10 but I was feeling it after my pb above

** Paused Bench **
    - 70.0 kgs x 3 reps
    - 70.0 kgs x 3 reps
    - 70.0 kgs x 4 reps
    Feeling very strong. Like an empty bar tbh until last set

** Overhead Press **
    - 20.0 kgs x 8 reps
    - 32.5 kgs x 7 reps
    - 42.5 kgs x 8 reps
    - 37.5 kgs x 8 reps
    Hate these. Horrible exercise because I'm fucking shit at them.

** Dips **
    - 5 reps
    - 10.0 kgs x 7 reps
    - 7 reps

** EZ-Bar Skullcrusher **
    - 27.5 kgs x 12 reps
    - 27.5 kgs x 7 reps

** Seated Machine Fly **
    - 75.0 kgs x 12 reps
    - 75.0 kgs x 10 reps

Feeling it now. Whole chest and tris are in absolute bits. Time for a shake and then some chicken and rice after.

Deadlifts Sunday which I'm apprehensive about. The only positive is that I don't have a number to hit. That's because form is off so we need to work on that before loading up. Will try get a video if not too busy.

RS86, Greedy Ben, Dig and 1 other person like this.
  15. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Good to see mate! Back into it nice and quickly

Digs a miracle worker

Srs

robc1985 likes this.