Robs 2017 Equipped Lifting Journal

Think I've fell out with Dig after I seen my squats for this week [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
He's a fucking twat at times. Takes his shit out on us peasants [emoji23]

Reactions: JB
Mate who's sorting my diet is manager at my old gym.

Saw a fb video yesterday of one of lads there taking piss out of a 270kg deadlift. It looked easy! So I liked the video and he messaged me saying my squat looks good.

Anyway, turns out he's setting up a powerlifting team with team sessions happening once a week at my old gym. Told him I'm game for it. Would love to lift in a group and get pushed and physched up for lifts. Will be ace! Watch this space!

That would be ace for encouragement and having people to spot you and support you. Flying so far with the training Dig has laid out for you too bud. Onwards and upwards

That would be ace for encouragement and having people to spot you and support you. Flying so far with the training Dig has laid out for you too bud. Onwards and upwards
Cheers mate. Training going better than ever and can't wait to see what he's instore for me next week. Recon I'd nail anything now with the confidence I have.

Cheers mate. Training going better than ever and can't wait to see what he's instore for me next week. Recon I'd nail anything now with the confidence I have.
Really impressed with the squats. Its amazing what a bit of motivation and positive thinking can achieve eh :)

Got over my Saturday night hurdle. Usually comprises of a takeaway, shit load of chocolate and craft beers.

Tonight has seen with single malt whisky, sirloin and potatoes. Ffs. [emoji23]

Recon it's gonna take some getting used to but I'll do it.

Will post up next week's training when I get it. Can't wait! 150 squat maybe for reps.....

And the numbers are in! Dig must be in a foul mood because I've got some absolute stinkers in there [emoji23]

These will absolutely crush pb's and I know for a fact I'll do them!

Squats 155 x 3+
Bench 110 x 3+
Deads.....meh. my form is gash. I am doing paused ones this week to work on getting it sorted. Once I do then I can start ramping weight up

Reactions: JB
So first weigh-in is in.

He has me starting on very modest calories that'll vary on training and non training days. This will be tweaked every fortnight according to progress. The aim is to pack on as much lean muscle as possible.

So last week I was 210lb. Record high whilst still being my leanest in years. No doubt Xmas and new year food and booze helped me get upto that weight though.

Anyway, I must've been bloated to fuck because I jumped on the scales today and I'm 204lb. So nearly half a stone down in a week. First check-in is Tuesday so we'll see Where's to go from there with calories.

Today's food:

Pack smoked salmon with 2 eggs

Chicken, cous cous, veg and walnuts

Chicken and veg with walnuts

Mackarel fillets with cous cous

Sirloin steak with veg

Absolutely shitting squats tomorrow now. I doubt I'll be able to get a video as I'll need music but I'll do my best [emoji4]

Unfortunately I'm seriously ill at the minute which has resulted in hospital care. I'll get back training asap.

Thank you for all of the well wishes. Very nice to hear them.

Planned on ending it all a few days ago. I was ready to roll but Mrs cottoned on and seeked help.

I don't regret what I did and I'm very very grateful to still be around. Gonna be at day hospital a few weeks and then play it by ear.

Fuck it. It's done now and that's the end of it! Time to move on. I've got help I need and the only way is up. That includes a mother fucking 200kg squat and monstrous 120kg bench [emoji23]

Back