Ronnie Coleman:the King

LittleChris

Competitor
Anybody watched this on Netflix?Reflecting on his past glories and his more current concerns with chronic back and hip problems. Just finished a scene where he is hobbling like an old man and reliant on crutches!

• ronniecoleman8
    So you guy's still wanna be like me, you still want to have the same work ethic is I had. Well as you can see I'm 8 X Mr Olympia and I can't walk. I endured an 11 hour major back surgery last Tuesday. Do I have any regrets?, if I had a chance to do it all over again would I change anything? Yes if I had a chance to do it all over again I would change one thing. That is when I squatted that 800lbs I would do 4 reps instead of 2, that is my only regret in my career. Those 2 reps I did still haunts me today because I know I had 4 in me but the coward in me only did 2. That is my only regret.

• ronniecoleman8
    So you guy's still wanna be like me, you still want to have the same work ethic is I had. Well as you can see I'm 8 X Mr Olympia and I can't walk. I endured an 11 hour major back surgery last Tuesday. Do I have any regrets?, if I had a chance to do it all over again would I change anything? Yes if I had a chance to do it all over again I would change one thing. That is when I squatted that 800lbs I would do 4 reps instead of 2, that is my only regret in my career. Those 2 reps I did still haunts me today because I know I had 4 in me but the coward in me only did 2. That is my only regret.

I feel like you could write that quote one day hg :lol:

I feel like you could write that quote one day hg :lol:

I love that quote and can think of a few times when it is applicable and, now I'm older with fewer years left in this game, it is imperative that it can never happen again.

Missing reps I mean, not being crippled :lol::lol:

Also I would change two things. I would have started on gear at 21 and I would have packed in partying/drinking at 25.

Shame about his back..prob genetic really same as hips...people have them replaced all the time.
Platz had the best legs and arguably the hardest trainer of his age on legs, yet no injuries or surgeries to hips etc...

Shame about his back..prob genetic really same as hips...people have them replaced all the time.
Platz had the best legs and arguably the hardest trainer of his age on legs, yet no injuries or surgeries to hips etc...
He had a slipped disk from high school and went again during an Olympia Prep.
Interesting scene where Levrone attributes Ronnie transformation from 97 to 98 to some coffee and vodka pre stage and a slice of pizza. [emoji23][emoji23]

Reports are saying he might never walk again and is suing his surgeon...not sure if he will stand by that statement if that's the case (pun half intended)

I've got nerve damage in my left shoulder so I can't even get under the bar. Next doors dog squats more than me...

Can't help but feel it's just a load of bravado.

Who would rather have squatted four reps than be able to walk their whole life? Not undergone major opps and be living a self made cripple.

Obviously he's still making money from his legacy, which is why I think he comes out with this shit.

Who would rather have squatted four reps than be able to walk their whole life? Not undergone major opps and be living a self made cripple.

Obviously he's still making money from his legacy, which is why I think he comes out with this shit.
Soon he will have no leg to stand on

can´t buy health...like Ronnie but he aint very smart is he?. did it to himself.

Back