Rotary Cuff Injury

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by Paolo Cobelli, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Paolo Cobelli

Paolo Cobelli Full Member

Has anyone had any experience with a rotary cuff injury? Do you train through it? Exercises to avoid? Anything that helps speed the healing at home?
    I'v been to a chiropractor today to assess it. He used a deep tissue gun thing around my shoulder, fuck me it hurt like buggery!

2. Stokesy

Stokesy Full Member

Did he not tell you all of this? Lol

I threw two dumbbells up for shoulder press years ago when I was younger and my left arm just dropped, rotary cuff injury. I think I rested it for a month and stayed away from heavy presses… I watched some videos and Dorian Yates does these rotary cuff exercises before his upper body workouts which I started doing. And it healed over time. Can’t remember how long though…

This video is pretty good -

Paolo Cobelli and Rob O’tren like this.
  3. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Stop doing what annoys it.
    Rest.
    Get any tight muscles loosened off ie pecs, lats etc.
    It's most likely an impingement from pressing too much with a muscle imbalance so do twice as much upper back work.

Paolo Cobelli and mal like this.
  4. mal

mal Top Contributor

How old is the injury?

Paolo Cobelli likes this.
  5. Paolo Cobelli

Paolo Cobelli Full Member

It's been around for at least 6 months. It's a common injury in my line of work too so it can't be all put down to going to hard in the gym and obviously I got a job to do...

mal likes this.
  6. Mersey Muscle

Mersey Muscle Full Member

The obvious answer is rest and recover. If you want to train through the pain try limiting the ROM in the shoulders and just do partials in the safe zone (not heavy).

Paolo Cobelli likes this.
  7. Big Balls

Big Balls Top Contributor

Get medical attention ASAP.. I would not do anything until you know 100% what's going on. Would just do cardio/ lower body. Just not worth wrecking your shoulder more with the idea of "working around it"..I mean you work a normal job & are not a pro. A Pro has other worries

Mersey Muscle likes this.