1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.
    Dismiss Notice

Running Taurine While On Clen

Discussion in 'Other PED's and POM's' started by RACK, May 22, 2015.

1. RACK

RACK TPW Rep

Apart from Taurine helping out with cramps and some back pumps, I've been doing a bit of reading on running it alongside clen and a few American boards they swear by it. One of the main reasons is they say it helps to stop any post rebound affect, also that it helps the thyroid along.

On the other hand one thread said that it messes with insulin sensitivity.

Last time I took clen I ran 3g taurine with it and it defo helped with the cramps, not too sure on the rebound effect as wasn't really a controlled environment...... as I came off just before a stag do weekender

Just wondered what anyone else had found or read on running them both together, and even running taurine on it's own?

2. Jamie555

Jamie555 Moderator Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Taurine is a mainstay in my stack for all sorts of reasons ( I use Myprotein taurine ).

WRT use with beta agonists or tren or DNP for that matter, I believe taurine should be used as standard. Far healthier wrt heart (fluids, BP, redox and electrics), and helps keeps electrolytes in the right place. Cramps are one visible/noticable symptom, but there are many other things going on below the surface.

WRT insulin sensitivity, I am not aware of any evidence wrt impairment in normal folk or athletes. If anything, it is helpful in reduction of adiposity IMO ( via PCG1a ), and would be a staple if recommending a stack to the corpulent.

J

RACK likes this.
  3. Tommy6

Tommy6 Top Contributor

What daily dose do you run @Joshua? Seems beneficial for a few things.

4. The Cheese

The Cheese Top Contributor

I won't run Clen without Taurine. I keep it at around 7.5g. 2.5g in my intra and 5g straight after work-out.

It's the only thing which keeps the cramps at bay.
    No Taurine = Agony.

RACK likes this.
  5. RACK

RACK TPW Rep

Nice one, thanks for the replies.

I only ran at 3g for a week then upped to 4.5g but looks like I should have done double

@Joshua what daily dose do you run when not on clen?

6. Jamie555

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I use between 10-20g.d-1 split over a few doses but 5g a day should give some good benefits to health wrt arteries and heart. It's very non toxic with no adverse effects observed in at least a gram per kg of body weight per day consumed chronically ( day in day out for long periods) in animal models.

Some people find higher doses quite relaxing - one friend uses it with theanine and magnesium pre sleep and finds it helps relaxation.

J

JB, Tommy6 and RACK like this.
  7. RACK

RACK TPW Rep

Thanks for that mate, will get on it tonight when I get home

8. Jamie555

Training Log:
    Click Here
    See my post above.

I don't use clen or other beta agonists myself (with the exception of acute use of eph to deal with priapism ). I don't believe it's healthy.

If I was to be using agents that tended to precipitate cramping, I would follow the steps I laid in a sticky I made here for dealing with cramps. As far as the taurine dose on such things I would push it up fairly quickly along with other measures until the cramps abated and then I would maintain on high dose tau. Taurine is damn safe stuff even in all high doses and protects some very critical infrastructure - heart, eyes, CNS, vascular system, kidneys etc. Underdosing is not worth the risk IMO considering how cheap, and safe it is.

J

RACK likes this.
  9. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

6g of taurine along with zinc and potassium, definitely helps with clen side effects

RACK likes this.
  10. RACK

RACK TPW Rep

Will be going straight to 6g this time as it's pretty clear that 3-4.5g wasn't enough

Porky likes this.
  11. Galaxy

Galaxy Formerly Gal Top Contributor

I use 7-10 gram intra all the time and bump up to 15-20 split pre and intra if trying to alleviate back pumps

RACK likes this.
  12. RACK

RACK TPW Rep

Banged 6g down as I got in tonight so will up it a bit day by day til about 10g and see how it goes with the clen
    Got some 1.5g caps now but have a kg of the stuff en route

13. Jakeuk233

Jakeuk233

Hi all, sorry I know this post was a few years ago but thought I'd ask anyway as need advice. I'm new to Clen, taking it with 10g Taurine and plenty of bananas . I've worked my way up from 20mcg to now 120mcg per day but I still feel no affects. HR is still 50-60, don't feel hot etc. Do I just keep increasing until I feel something or stay put? And advice will be greatly appreciated please

14. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

Sounds like its bunk

15. noel

noel Top Contributor

HR will not be 50 on 120mcg of clen………..