Samima Begum

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pie ead, Jul 17, 2020.

1. ChrissyJ

ChrissyJ Top Contributor

She'll be back in London next year, absolute certainty
    imageproxy.gif

Proteinbrah likes this.
  2. welshguy84

welshguy84 Competitor

How they are letting her back in is beyond me

Attached Files:

Reacher likes this.
  3. huntingground

huntingground One Hundred Percenter Competitor

The Court of Appeal granted Ms Begum permission to launch a judiciary review and that Begum should be allowed to return to the UK to appeal against the removal of her British citizenship.

This is an important and landmark case as, if she wins, the other helmets who travelled to Syria and have had their citizenship revoked all be allowed back.

If this does happen, then they must be charged with terrorism and given stiff sentences in UK to act as a deterrent.

Proteinbrah, GhostOf2Can and mal like this.
  4. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Yeah. If their allowed back they should be looking at lengthy prison sentences for being involved in terrorist activities

Proteinbrah and huntingground like this.
  5. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

Pretty sure i read that she will be arrested as soon as she arrives and charged under the terrorism act.

Proteinbrah and huntingground like this.
  6. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

if she stands trial here, whatever the outcome she will never leave.
    should have a trial outside the uk, then if she is unsuccessful the doors closed.

Proteinbrah and Raisin like this.
  7. huntingground

huntingground One Hundred Percenter Competitor

Of course it is a matter of fact that this case will cost the taxpayers millions but there is a massive legal precedent to (hopefully) be set here.

By the Immigration Act 2014, Parliament conferred upon the Secretary of State the power to deprive a person of British citizenship resulting from naturalisation, in specific circumstances.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...Anderson_QC_-_CITIZENSHIP_REMOVAL__print_.pdf

Shamima Begum's citizenship was revoked by the Home Office on security grounds after she was found in a refugee camp in 2019.

The Court of Appeal said she had been denied a fair hearing because she could not make her case from the Syrian camp.

The ruling means the government must now find a way to allow the 20-year-old, who is currently in Camp Roj in northern Syria, to appear in court in London despite repeatedly saying it would not assist removing her from Syria.

Once she is back in UK territory, it will prove almost impossible to remove her. She will subsequently be charged with terrorism offences.

But the legal process still has to rumble on to set a precedent for all future cases. This is a complex legal case with UK and International law intertwined.

@Sjundea any thoughts on the above?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    Pie ead and Reacher like this.
  8. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

Short answer... It's bollocks.

It's embarrassing and saddening to think, those of us on here that work are funding the legal aid team supporting this terrorist sympathiser. But not only is she a sympathiser, she actively endorsed the Manchester Bombings and killing of non-Muslims. She's an embarrassment, you could have just about accepted that she was a young girl that was indoctrinated if she came back with her tail between her legs, but oh no, she's a full blown terrorist supporter.

This will be in the courts now for a long time. We've already got other law firms jumping on the band wagon petitioning for the return of other ISIS types that have had their citizenship revoked. I hate the lawyers that do this kind of stuff, it's all publicity for them. Let's be honest, nobody wants to bring a terrorist back to uk. But these pricks think they'll be recognised as top of their fields if they achieve the almost impossible. Well done mate, you got a terrorist back into the UK.

This will cost the tax payer millions.

I hope they don't allow her back, and that the Govt succeed. By doing so it sorts an awful precedent. I.e. You can commit terrorism/treason/support murder of innocent people, but don't worry we will look after you.

It's a shame we don't have the death penalty. Iirc we do actually have it still, it's just never used as to be a part of the EU you cannot have the death penalty.

Pie ead, mal, Reacher and 1 other person like this.
  9. Raisin

Raisin Top Contributor

She should stay where she is and appear in court via video.

10. Pie ead

Pie ead Full Member

Let the ones they took as slaves (yadiz wrong spelling) deal with her

11. ChrissyJ

ChrissyJ Top Contributor

Im sure English law prevents this? She would have to be tried on English soil, what a waste of time, money and resource. I'm sure we all know the outcome

Reacher likes this.
  12. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

honestly dont know the legal position of this mate but there has been video link talk, whether this is legal tho...

ChrissyJ likes this.
  13. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

Tbh doing it now it would have to be by video, the courts aren't open certainly not the chancery courts I deal with. All my mediations and applications have been done via Zoom/Teams.

It's amazing. Shirt tie and jacket on and just a pair of pants. Don't forget to not stand up like I've heard one lawyer has done. Muppet.

I think legally she needs to come back to the UK in order to be able to present her case. If there was ever a time for someone to contract covid it is now. I'd line up a load of asymptomatics to welcome her to the UK, ensure they have all coughed on their hands before shaking hers.

14. ChrissyJ

ChrissyJ Top Contributor

Me either, @Sjundea?

I'm pretty liberal but this will turn into a fucking circus. I think the fact she was 15 and technically a minor will see her in the UK, despite her knowing exactly what she was doing

Reacher likes this.
  15. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

Just responded above.
    Think the whole idea is that she is allowed to present her case in person before a court. It's a sham as we all know, that the courts will bow down as she will claim nobody else will take her, her life is threatened etc.
    There is also no incentive for her to not pursue it the whole way. She has legal aid, which as we know was introduced to prevent finances being a bar to litigation. It really makes my blood boil that soldiers and families who worked hard and were killed by the Taliban/ISIS are now fronting the bill via their taxes. What an insult.
    We live in a day and age where it's OK to commit treason. It's not OK imo.

Reacher, huntingground and ChrissyJ like this.