Scottish Ukbff Today

Discussion in 'Competing' started by AMW83, May 8, 2016.

1. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

Competition day.
    Is anyone attending? I was considering going but I honestly couldn't be arsed with the 4 hour drive.

2. Chrisj22

Chrisj22 Top Contributor

Haha, AMW sits there with a checklist of competitors ticking and feeling them as they check in.

"I work for the UKBFF and its my job to do this"

Whilst looking at them straight in the eyes

Porky and Guest like this.
  3. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

Lol
    Never touched another mans biceps (srs)
    Also being up here I'd never heard of purple aki until you or Fatbrah shared a link haha.

Guest likes this.
  4. Stephy

Stephy Top Contributor

Yeah we're going.

I'm mainly going to watch Rosie and flex guest spot and a couple girls I know I'm bikini. Always a such a long show

AMW83 likes this.
  5. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

Flex and Neil Hill are doing a seminar in Aberdeen tomorrow too. £50 a ticket which is really cheap considering the stature of Flex in this industry.

For someone like yourself do you think attending these shows is like an educational thing for you? Learn a few tips etc for when your out on stage next?

6. Stephy

Stephy Top Contributor

Nah not at all. Not with ukbff anyway as their women's classes are just shitty quarter turns. I wouldn't even really go if it wasn't for Andy

Tommy6 likes this.
  7. Tommy6

Tommy6 Top Contributor

Got a couple mates competing but it's too long a day for me to be arsed with it.

AMW83 likes this.
  8. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

That and the drive is what has put me off. Read there is record number of competitors this year. Hope it's not full of fitness models and physique.

9. W33BAM

W33BAM Head back in the game! Top Contributor

No. I don't support the UKBFF as I don't agree with their rules. I've slagged them so much I'd be a hypocrite to attend.

Davie does put on a great show though but am I fuck sitting there aaaaaall day while they herd people on and off, barely give them 15 seconds on stage and certainly no time to compare them, then tell them BACKSTAGE if they made top 6! All these months for that? Not even a medal? No. No, no, no!

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  10. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

Fk sake that sounds pretty bad. Barely 15 secs for their individual routines. Then being told backstage if they made top 6 is poor. I've never read up on the politics etc but that is quite disrespectful to the competitors who've worked their ass off during offseason and in prep.

Young Ryan Lewis is going for 4 comp wins in a row this year, good luck to him.

11. W33BAM

Routines? No. Only the top 6 get to do them! And they get told that back stage.
    I've yet to see proper comparisons done. I went to the British 2014 and most classes walked out, say 20-40 each class, stood at the back, 4 people chosen, quarter turns, possibly another 2 or 3 chosen to do quarter turns then they all get ushered off... Told back stage who made the cut, then the rest walked away without so much as a quarter turn or a medal! How is that fair judging or supporting the athlete they want to OWN, when they're not even seeing them brought to the front?

Oh and if you qualify for the Brits before or AFTER you've qualified for another Feds Brits they can pull your invite! They want to own you. And the fees are ridiculous.
    But if everyone keeps paying it, supporting them and giving them what they want then nothing will change.

I mean, I'm no great loss to them!!! [emoji23] But at least I'm staying loyal to myself and not moaning but still going like most folk.

Can't attend this seminar cause it's hosted by an unaffiliated Pro or promoter... Fuck off!

I could go on all day!

erebos and AMW83 like this.
  12. W33BAM

I'm looking forward to seeing how Ryan does as this is a new class and goal for him. Be interesting. Have a few friends competing too but after that British I vowed never to go back unless things change!

Inb4 Dutch Ramsay decides to do men's bikini and I need to stay home with the baby or eat my words! [emoji85][emoji23]

Guest1337, GM-20 and AMW83 like this.
  13. GM-20

GM-20 Top Contributor

The issue with the ukbff, they have to many classes.

Bodybuilding shows used to be about show casing the best physiques. Over the years this has been watered down. Now they have a class for everyone! Literally everyone, and their dug!

I could rant on for ages but Davy's show used to be great, the atmosphere, everything about it was brilliant. Sadly that's been sucked out of it, with the addition of all the new classes and the Instagram crowd.

#gettingOld

W33BAM and erebos like this.
  14. GM-20

GM-20 Top Contributor

@W33BAM to be fair to Davy, loads of people do nabba and then his show and he has never had an issue with it. I think the ukbff politics are more prevalent down South.

I agree with what your saying but far too many people get in stage who simply don't belong. Maybe I'm being an elitist?

W33BAM and erebos like this.
  15. erebos

erebos UKBFF Mr Britain/IBFA Mr Britain/PCA Mr Britain Competitor

Agree with w33bam's summation and what with all the politics within the UKBFF it is truly shocking,I was lucky enough to win the UKBFF british but never really enjoyed the experience due to the way I was treated afterwards and vowed never to compete with them again,thankfully with the likes of IBFA and PCA who so far have stuck the their vow of looking after the athletes they have brought back the fun factor and enjoyment to the sport which will hopefully attract athletes away from the UKBFF and maybe make them wise up.....