Self Medicating Trt. Which Ugl.

I'm an x gym goer i'm 51 and a miserable twat.I have used gear in the past.As it stands i probably wont end up going back to the gym,but you never know.I work in security and cycle 30 mile round trip commute.The way things are at the moment i only forsee bad things for me as i have mental health issues and i'm exhausted all the time.My sex drive left years ago.As a last chance saloon im thinking of self medicating with a fairly small dose of Test e once a week.To see if that will pick me up.As im going to do this which lab would you recommend and dosage please.I was thinking 150mg a week ? Im hoping i can get a little happy again.

Thanks

Mick

Have you spoken to the doc about your mental health issues and exhaustion?

Yes if course at 51 your natty test levels will have dropped but your mood and lethargy could be a host of other things. Stressful/long hours at work? Stressful home life? Poor diet?

And while getting back into the gym might seem like a chore now, I'm sure after a few sessions you'd feel a ton better in yourself.

I had a blood test done with medichecks but i got the wrong test done.Which told me my test level was low but still in the normal range . They wanted £70 quid to do a more thorough free test and i wasn't going to pay that.Im only going on how i felt mentally when i was on the gear before,i felt happier a nice well being feeling.My mental health has been all my life.The Drs at the moment are a waste of time.Maybe ill get myself back to a gym.Once there open.A small dose of test may help.

Have you spoken to the doc about your mental health issues and exhaustion?

Yes if course at 51 your natty test levels will have dropped but your mood and lethargy could be a host of other things. Stressful/long hours at work? Stressful home life? Poor diet?

And while getting back into the gym might seem like a chore now, I'm sure after a few sessions you'd feel a ton better in yourself.
Screenshot_20201113-135149_Chrome.jpg

I'm not saying a TRT dose wouldn't help. Quite the opposite in fact at 51.

I was just offering other solutions too. You say you have had mental health problems all your life, so have you saught meaningful help with that in the past? I'm not even talking medication, I was on Mertazapine 30mg a day and had to stop after 2 weeks, sent me completely off. But exercising more, improving diet, looking at other stresses you may have in your life that could be better managed. These could all be beneficial to your mental well bring and energy levels ALONG with a jab of test per week.

I cycle to work 15 miles each way,i believe thats exercise having been on mertazapine for over 5 years and before that Citalapram for over 10.I did try to come of the Mertazapine not long ago which didn't go well-the reason i decided to ride to work is firs the excercise and covid.

I cycle to work 15 miles each way,i believe thats exercise having been on mertazapine for over 5 years and before that Citalapram for over 10.I did try to come of the Mertazapine not long ago which didn't go well-the reason i decided to ride to work is firs the excercise and covid.
Feel free to jab away then. As I said I'm sure a low dose would benefit the vast majority in their 50's.

I was just making the point that with your mental health issues being present for so long it must be rooted in a lot more than just low test. Unless you can confirm you've had naturally low testosterone since you were a kid?

I'm genuinely just trying to give some helpful suggestions as I went through a really bad bout of depression myself. Yes your cycling is exercise, maybe weightlifting will give you something else to set your mind to? It also gives you a reason to have more structure and improve diet.

Its not my business what your home or work life is like, but are any of these causing stress?

The shit thing with long term depression as you'll already know is that it's always there, wether it's in the foreground or the background. I think depression that isn't related to something like grief (i.e losing someone) is there to stay. Chemical imbalance maybe, who knows. I think it's far too complicated for anyone to figure out all the exact reasons and then come up with a solution.

I'm just saying finding something else to focus on could improve your mental health. Worth giving it a try isn't it if you feel this bad?

How did you get on with Citalapram mate?

Feel free to jab away then. As I said I'm sure a low dose would benefit the vast majority in their 50's.

I was just making the point that with your mental health issues being present for so long it must be rooted in a lot more than just low test. Unless you can confirm you've had naturally low testosterone since you were a kid?

I'm genuinely just trying to give some helpful suggestions as I went through a really bad bout of depression myself. Yes your cycling is exercise, maybe weightlifting will give you something else to set your mind to? It also gives you a reason to have more structure and improve diet.

Its not my business what your home or work life is like, but are any of these causing stress?

The shit thing with long term depression as you'll already know is that it's always there, wether it's in the foreground or the background. I think depression that isn't related to something like grief (i.e losing someone) is there to stay. Chemical imbalance maybe, who knows. I think it's far too complicated for anyone to figure out all the exact reasons and then come up with a solution.

I'm just saying finding something else to focus on could improve your mental health. Worth giving it a try isn't it if you feel this bad?

Im sorry,i just read my post and i came across as a cock.That wasnt what i wanted to do.I was in a rush.I apologise.

How did you get on with Citalapram mate?

Citalapram was good,but i was on a high dose and apparently at high doses they can affect the heart so my Dr took me off them.Now the withdrawal was murder.Im in a constant state of numbness never happy not suicidal.Ermm boring .Id like to get a little happier.

Im sorry,i just read my post and i came across as a cock.That wasnt what i wanted to do.I was in a rush.I apologise.
It's no problem.

I say a dose of Test for sure would benefit you but also maybe look into the points I raised. Easier said than done I know when you have mental health issues, at my lowest I was on my arse and couldn't leave my room. Suffered panic attacks, huge anxiety, agoraphobia, stopped eating etc.

It helped me massively to ease myself back into the gym. Was horrible at first, didn't want to be there. Sessions would last all of 15-20 mins and I'd be out. Then started enjoying it more, getting my strength back, had my day more structured and something to aim for. This then translated to other things in my life like work etc.

The Mertazapine made me even more miserable. I was warned that the first 4 weeks it can have this effect but I bailed out at 2, was horrendous. But I know 3 other people who take it and have the exact same reaction as you. They just describe it as a numbness to everything, not feeling happy or sad just kind of emotionless and plodding along.

You are the absolute mirror image of me.

Im 56 and Ive suffered from low mood, anxiety, being a moody shit, having no drive etc.

It took some effort, but I went and joined a gym about 3 months ago (I used to train when younger). I was really hoping that this would end up being my happy place.

I love it! Its given me an interest, im on a low TRT dose which has also given me hope that theirs still life left in this old boy.

Seriously, give the gym, a go again, worked for me :thumb:

Back